<1000 1000 point nurgle list Revised =D - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heroes

Festus the leechlord 185 points

Core

15 Warriors of chaos with mark of nurgle with shields full command 300 points. (Festus will join this unit.)

Special

4 Chaos trolls 180 points

4 Chaos Ogres with mark of nurgle chaos Armour Great weapons Full command 280 points

Rare

Chaos spawn 55 points

And that ladies and gentlemen comes to grand total of 1000 points spent exactly =3 Now i do love having Festus with chaos warriors just because they are immune to poison thanks to Festus and they regenerate. I had to down grade the trolls as my friend said i could use bile trolls from throne of chaos because not everyone has book which yeah is fair enough. And four chaos trolls with mutant regeneration should be fine. But what i like with this new list is i have really like buffed it up with monsters and and end of day this was my aim i wanted a list which combined my love of nurgle and monster creatures from darkest corners of world. Hence why i didn't take a load of marauders. They look to squishy for my liking. Soo other than that what do people think it? =D

Last edited by sirkently; November 9th, 2011 at 01:03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heroes

theres a discussion heavily about this character in the main forum (its thread title is about marauders with GW) some like him some are less keen due to his weaknesses. its a personal choice really. he will make that warrior unit very good while hes alive.

15 Warriors of chaos with mark of nurgle with shields full command 300 points. (Festus will join this unit.)
    as your rolling with a theme, i wont launch into the usual mark debate, MoN will work well against other core trash and with festus a great unit at the points level.

great stuff, but beware their stupidity problems obviously.

4 Chaos Ogres with mark of nurgle chaos Armour Great weapons Full command 280 points
    worse than trolls in nearly every way, this unit could well be replaced by another unit of trolls. 280 points for what your getting just feels like a rip off to me. points saved could invest in more trolls and some hounds to help you with match ups.

Chaos spawn 55 points
    basic spawn arnt great, they can be great as hold ups and distractions but beware their randomness.

your quite low on models, 25 total for 1k is asking for trouble and you general is fragile. id lose the ogres as said and spawn and try to work in some more meat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

OMG Restrain yourself and that Submit Button! sweet jesus!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Ahaha I have to agree with talismanic on that one! It does bug out from time to time though...anyways, on to the list. If I'm to make one important suggestion, it will be this, drop the ogres and get dragon ogres, or even knights, anything other than ogres. They're just not all that great sadly, it's a really large investment into something that isn't going to even break even in most cases.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

89 (x1)

drop the ogres also drop the spawn. hes not gonna do much alone. idk what id suggest be done with the points, but the army definitely needs bulk. and not ogre bulk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

76 (x2)

Shields + anythingbuttzeench = not so hot.
    AhW + Poison is awesome

Drop the ogres for more warriors and maybe a magic banner (rage+AHW = 4 attacks each, poison making 1/6 wound automatically).
    I would also bring some dogs, just for the dummy drops.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Comments in GREEN!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSwarm View Post
    Heroes

Core

With Festus you don't really need the Parry save so you can happily ditch the shields and go all out attack. Either with halberds or additional hand weapons. Halberds are probably better. A cheap magic banner. Banner of Discipline will really help you with those Stupidity tests!!!

Special

These Guys are 100pts more than your Troll unit and for what? Trolls are better, they may be stupid but Mutant Regen is awesome and you could get a unit of 6 Trolls for less points......

Rare

Chaos spawn 55 points

Honestly? Spawn aren't that great. I keep 'em because they're fun and 'en mase' they're pretty annoying for an opponent. This little fella probably wont be much use to you though. Ditch him and use the points for more Trolls.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

89 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by talismanictattoo View Post
    Shields + anythingbuttzeench = not so hot.
    AhW + Poison is awesome

Drop the ogres for more warriors and maybe a magic banner (rage+AHW = 4 attacks each, poison making 1/6 wound automatically).
    actually except for t2 or t7+with low armour, halberds+poison will still cause more wounds than ahw+poison. go halberds.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

76 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    actually except for t2 or t7+with low armour, halberds+poison will still cause more wounds than ahw+poison. go halberds.
    On average, yes. But the potential for AhW is higher, and statistical average is the mid-ground of the real high-low of the game. Some people stick to the averages and that is fine, but myself I find that I hardly roll what I "should". I take AHW on these guys for higher volume, which makes for a higher max-damage potential on a good roll, and a more extreme fail if 90% of them wiff (because at that point it's not my fault i lost it's the dice's =P).

Plus your opponent will crap their pants when they see the mountain of dice the unit generates. That in itself makes them worth bringing.

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSwarm View Post
    Fine

I would bulk them up to 17 and give them additional hand weapons and +1ld banner

They are ok, I think they are abit risky without a BSB

I would actually swap these for a unit of Marauders with great weapons or flails (flails being slightly more fluffy)

Chaos spawn 55 points
    They are pretty bad, if you want it because its cool fun thing then fine, if not invest the points in something else like some chaos hounds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast