>3000 2400pts Khorne theme WoC list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2400pts Khorne theme WoC list

Well I have decided to make my way to a tournament, and basically I have two list, the first list is the list I want to use the 2nd one is more what I think I should use. Please not I am fully aware neither list is 100% optimal, I've used them to death and I simply don't get the enjoyment out of using them.

Quote Originally Posted by list 1
    Lords

Chaos Lord
    - Mark of Khorne
    - Juggernaut of Khorne
    - Ogre Blade
    - Charmed Shield
    - Talisman of Preservation
    - Ironcurse Icon
    Total 365pts

Heroes

Chaos Sorcerer
    - lvl2
    - Lore of fire
    - Dispel Scroll
    - Dragon Helm
    - 3rd Eye of Tzeentch
    Total 175pts

Core

18 Chaos Warriors
    - Mark of Khorne
    - Standard
    - Musician
    - Halberds
    - Shields
    Total 354pts

17 Chaos Warriors
    - Mark of Khorne
    - Fullcommand
    - Additional Hand Weapons
    Total 332pts

5 Chaos Hounds
    Total 30pts

5 Chaos Hounds
    Total 30pts

5 Chaos Hounds
    Total 30pts

Special

8 Chaos Knights
    - Mark of Tzeentch
    - Fullcommand
    - Banner of Rage
    Total 425pts

18 Chosen
    - Mark of Khorne
    - Fullcommand
    - Great Weapons
    - Favour of the Gods
    Total 450pts

Rare

Hellcannon
    Total 205pts
    The chosen don't have the terror banner as the units can be no larger than 450pts, i am in two minds about making it small (15) so it can include it and then aim for +1T, I think that would be a rather nasty unit.

Quote Originally Posted by List2
    Heroes

Exalted Hero
    - Mark of Khorne
    - Juggernaut of Khorne
    - Ogre Blade
    - Charmed Shield
    - Dragonbane Gem
    Total 225pts

Chaos Sorcerer
    - lvl2
    - Lore of fire
    - Dispel Scroll
    - Dragon Helm
    - 3rd Eye of Tzeentch
    Total 175pts

Exalted Hero
    - Mark of Khorne
    - Battle standard Bearer
    - Halberds
    - Talismand of preservation
    Total 199pts

Core

17 Chaos Warriors
    - Mark of Khorne
    - Standard
    - Musician
    - Halberds
    - Shields
    Total 337pts

17 Chaos Warriors
    - Mark of Khorne
    - Fullcommand
    - Shields
    Total 332pts

18 Chaos Warriors
    - Mark of Nurgle
    - Standard
    - Musician
    - Great Weapons
    - Banner of Rage
    Total 392pts

5 Chaos Hounds
    Total 30pts

5 Chaos Hounds
    Total 30pts

5 Chaos Hounds
    Total 30pts

Special

8 Chaos Knights
    - Mark of Khorne
    - Fullcommand
    - Blastered Standard
    Total 440pts

Rare

Hellcannon
    Total 205pts
    The Jugger mounted character in either list is something I just like to use, he just seems to do well, I have never actually used a chaos lord in a game, they have never seemed worth it to me but I have been entertaining the idea because most of my normal games with be Tamurkhan and such have to use one anyways. I have given the Chaos warriors shields in 2nd list because it is probably more useful than useful than additional hand weapons, halberds would be good as well however I think I have plenty of hammer units. Normally I would take Tzeentch warriors as my anvil but they wouldn't fit the theme.

Last edited by HappyJim; November 8th, 2011 at 13:49.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So in list two, I would not use great weapons on that unit of nurgle, I do not know your load out for your models but another unit of Halberds MoN, + BoR = Whirly death, you have to take advantage of the high iniative, and I would be stressed running a lord, I would have to give him

Gambler's Armour, Dawn Stone, Helm of many eyes, halberd, mark of khorne, jugger

353 points of ASF, strength 6 goodness, but there are other builds you can go

Tailsman of Preservation, Crown of command
    gives you a 1+/4++ Stubborn general he will be a rock in a killy unit such as your knights

6(str6), 18(str5), 10(str4) + Stomp in one turn from that unit

As well in the second list if you run shields - you need tzeentch, frenzy = No parry save at all so its wasted points for a 3+ Armor save in shooting phase where you either get your full save or no save
    Last edited by ambientinspiration; November 8th, 2011 at 16:13.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great weapons are purely for rule of cool (I converted mine from chaos knight enscrolled weapons), so while I agree halberds are 100% better I am going to keep them, so the builds are simply to make them partly viable while not totally breaking with the theme, they never do that bad, I have seen a few people laugh at me using them and then cry when they wipe out half a unit of black orcs in a single round!

With the chaos lord its very much if I take him I know I will regret it, I do however just want to take him because it seems cool, its like I said the first list is very much what I want to use but I know I shouldn't (if that makes sense), As for the Chaos lord builds they do seem somewhat flawed, I can't really see the point in gamblers armour, would a charmed shield not be better? charm shield is to ignore the first cannon ball that hits, other than that seems a reasonable build but my guy has a ridiculously big axe, I dunno if I could get away with classing that as a halberd has to be wysiwyg). while I think stubborn is going to be great on the unit do they really need it? I actually think a blasphemous amulet could be useful on him taking into account the larger base size, that could very well take out some unit champions before combat starts and make the job easier for break steadfast.

Originally I was just going to give him a great weapon but I had some points left over so I thought ogre blade

I totally agree that HW+SH should always be Tzeentch the only time I will use a mark other than Khorne is if I can put banner of rage on the unit (which of course defeats the purpose of them being MoT), so really its not a option, it doesn't fit the them, I was tempted to make them halberd warriors, just means I have order 3 packs of halberds rather than two (Its just as cheap as bitz ordering lances sadly).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Both lists are cool, but I feel like great weapons should be left with marauders, giving up I5 on your warriors really takes away from there beastly stat line, halberds will suffice IMO. Also get some magic standards for your warrior units, and maybe a warshrine if your going to be running chosen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question comes down too, do you know what you're going to be mostly playing? I dont think a unit of 2 ranked knights is going to hit and win a combat round unless you hit something squishy, and when you loose combat you loose MoK, so a suggestion might be MoN + BoR here? And Im going to stick with the 1+/4++ Stubborn lord, but its your build as you see fit - great weapon on him would be good too so you just get all your really nasty attacks at the end of the round and have the Lord soak all of the attacks coming towards him because you know they will try and pop him, and you have to challenge, perhaps the stream of corruption would be good for him as well because those attacks distribut as per shooting when you pop it into combat so it hits the unit when he gets locked ina combat, and that gives you an additional 2d6 strength 3 auto hits with -1 armor save, its just a suggestion

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK well I have considered whats been said, made some changes, rule of cool wins out with the chaos warriors and great weapons (sorry) however I have changed the HW+SH unit to halberds and shields, lost the blastered standard from the knights, while I would like some extra banners I think the army is pretty tight as it is, I think I would have to drop something I would rather keep I also think I have to go with the BSB option with all that frenzy in the list, I always say it to other people, two exalted are better than a chaos lord ( I just need to make a BSB now).

The chaos knights I do not expect to break a unit on the charge, they however a good points denial unit, they are very hard to shift, besides unless against empire I will be aiming to use them to support my main units going for flanks, hopefully allowing them engage in a couple of combats in a turn.

Heroes

Exalted Hero
    - Mark of Khorne
    - Juggernaut of Khorne
    - Ogre Blade
    - Charmed Shield
    - Dragonbane Gem
    Total 225pts

Chaos Sorcerer
    - lvl2
    - Lore of fire
    - Dispel Scroll
    - Dragon Helm
    - 3rd Eye of Tzeentch
    Total 175pts

Exalted Hero
    - Mark of Khorne
    - Battle standard Bearer
    - Halberds
    - Talisman of preservation
    Total 199pts

Core

17 Chaos Warriors
    - Mark of Khorne
    - Fullcommand
    - Halberds
    - Shields
    - Banner of Eternal Flame
    Total 359pts

17 Chaos Warriors
    - Mark of Khorne
    - Fullcommand
    - Halerds
    - Shields
    Total 349pts

18 Chaos Warriors
    - Mark of Nurgle
    - Standard
    - Musician
    - Great Weapons
    - Banner of Rage
    Total 392pts

5 Chaos Hounds
    Total 30pts

5 Chaos Hounds
    Total 30pts

5 Chaos Hounds
    Total 30pts

Special

8 Chaos Knights
    - Mark of Khorne
    - Fullcommand
    Total 400pts

Rare

Hellcannon
    Total 205pts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

That group of chaos warriors with great weapons would fair very well against an elf player of any kind, hitting last but at S7 and those elves would be -1WS when attacking, I like it. As for making room for magic standards, you could always drop a unit of hounds, I find 2 more than enough in a 2500 pt game, and you'll still have 7 drops with 1 less unit, so it's not that bad. Or if you wanted an 8th drop, just deploy the knigths and juggy separately at the start, and just join them together later, it's not like he's getting a look out sir anyways

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While not optimal the unit of great weapon warriors is great against anything T4 or highly armour targets such as bret knights, they are also very handy against DE because of the -1 to hit, as for a standard I was thinking of dropping 3rd eye of Tzeentch (not very fluffy) but really what does it get me? a warbanner? is that really going to make so much of a difference? I've already been by the TO that if I bring a fluffy Khorne army everyone is going to love me for restoring their faith in the hobby! So heres the question, how can I make it more fluffy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

The shield is kind of wasted on the Jugger hero, he has a 1+ save even without it so the only benefit is the single 2+ ignore a hit - which could protect him against cannonballs, true enough. But just making sure you know what you are doing. In any case, you might consider a halberd on that guy instead of the ogre blade - just for simple cost compared to effect. If you want to be fluffy though, why not the Axe of Khorne?

Definately keep the third eye. That is, if you want to be competitive. You say you want your list to be fluffy, but in that case just go with whatever you like. Maybe some raving, screaming marauders with great axes could fit in and make the army more... fluffy?
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Viktor, thanks for the reply, the charmed shield is on the model simply for the 2+ ignore hit otherwise I would put it on my sorcerer for miscast protection, weapon wise (check my log to see why) I think its a choice of either a great weapon or a ogre blade, Axe of Khorne could be interesting but I have never really been that fond of it, if it was 25pst and just KB I would certainly consider it. I think I am going to drop the 3rd eye actually, its stretching the fluff abit Well Marauders are certainly a idea however I don't fancy getting the additional bases for them, currently I need about 40 resin bases as it is! besides I base my fluff around the skulltakers from the 5th ed army book which is more chaos warriors than marauders.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast