<2000 2k Tzeentch. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2k Tzeentch.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

2k Tzeentch.

Ok, I'll tell you now, this is't exactly a competitiveness list. It more of a laid back, easy gaming, fun list.

Varka the Betrayer -355pts
    -Level 3 Sorcerer, MoT, Preservation, Rune Sword, Charmed Shield.
    I like the idea of a Warrior Wizard. Enough said really.

The Host -120pts
    -Level 1 Death Sorcerer, Puppet.
    Puppet caddy and the Sig spell is pretty handy for taking out monsters and other low LD toughies.

The Reapers -320pts
    -11 Chosen, MoT, Halberds, Shields, Champ & Std, Banner of Rage, Favour
    Varka goes here. Small unit I know but I didn't want to invest too many points in this unit.

The Flayers -326pts
    -18 Warriors, MoT, Additional Weapons, Std & Musician
    Yeah no halberds. I like my units to be armed different so the army is a bit more interesting to use.

The Crushers -326pts
    -18 Warriors, MoT, Shields, Std & Musician
    Same as above really!

The Blessed -180pts
    -2 units of 5 Forsaken.
    The theme bit. Mutants!!!!

The Chosen -365pts
    -4 Spawn
    -Scylla
    More mutants!!!! 4 Spawn and Scylla should be quite fun, if somewhat unpredictable.

So, Rip away!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the sorc is solid for combat and mark of tzeentch doubles for protection and casting power

The level 1 will be easly dispelled unless you pile on the dice

I feel the chosen unit is to small

The flayers should get the armour piercing banner

yay forsaken

yay spawn

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Thanks for the reply mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ambientinspiration View Post
    well the sorc is solid for combat and mark of tzeentch doubles for protection and casting power......The level 1 will be easly dispelled unless you pile on the dice.......I feel the chosen unit is to small

I was considering dropping the Level 1 entirely and using the points to up the Chosen to 18 and, if points were spare, upgrade the Lord to a Level 4. No puppet would make me squeamish though.

The flayers should get the armour piercing banner
    Would make them more effective thats for sure. Where would the points come from though? I'd have to drop a Spawn or other models as there are no real upgrades that can easily be lost.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

I'd drop the level one mage and have a chosen champion with Book of Secrets. You do lose the puppet, but you now have +2 to cast the Death signature spell [although I'd go Shadow for less risk].

It might be worth reducing one of the warrior blocks to 15 for some nasty banners, ie. Swiftness.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

What kind of input would you like? I mean, if the list is just a kick back friendly fun list I guess you don't aim to optimize it anyway.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Might I suggest dropping the chosen all together? 11 isn't much to go on, and I feel like 320 points could be invested in to tzeentch marauders with GW's or another unit of warriors with halberds. I like the second sorcerer, and I find death mixes nicely with lore of tzeentch, I would keep him around personally. You could even go as far as throwing in a big tar pit of sword and board rauders with MoT and throw halberds on your shield/hw warriors. The forsaken should be fun, and throw your opponents off, same with the spawns, I like it.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    What kind of input would you like?
    Ideas? I don't really mind really. I find its always nice to have more than one mind on a list, even a fun one.

Noma:
    Not gonna drop the Chosen dude sorry Marauders are fun and they go into my Marauder list. I'd prefer to keep this list as a full plate.

I did have a thought. I could ditch the Level 1 and Scylla and use the points to grab a Giant. Then convert up some massive Spawn monster gribbley thing. Or buy the FW Greater Spawn. Reckon it's worht it or is a Giant a bit of a sitting duck in the list?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

spawn and forsaken don't wear plate just sayin'. If your going to keep the chosen, increase the numbers a bit.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Fair point!! Background wise the Spawn will be modelled as Chaos Warriors gone Spawn. I like to think that Varka has turned them into Spawn when they start to get a bit to big for their boots. Or those that the strands of fate show trying to usurp him in years to come. Hence the title 'The Betrayer'.

Aye, maybe 'll do that then. Six more Chosen cost exactly 120pts so it's an easy swap for the Level 1. I guess that makes the unit a bit more useful as it turns it into a line unit rather than a support unit. Hey hum, so much for the finished movement trays!!

+ Reply to Thread