<3000 2500 List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2500 List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 List

So I have been thinking about getting more competitive now that I'm starting to understand this game a little more. I just recently started about 6 months ago and love this game. Here is the list that I composed, please let me know if this is a good list or if there is anything I need to do to improve it.

CORE

Chaos Marauders 50
    MoK, Musician, Standard, Great Weapons

Chaos Warriors 17 (chaos sorcerer goes here)
    MoK, Musician, Standard, Halberds, Shields, Banner of Eternal Flame

SPECIAL
    Chaos Knights 9 (exalted hero goes here, bsb)
    MoT, Musician, Standard, Blasted Standard

Chosen 17 (Sorcerer Lord goes here)
    MoT, Musician, Standard, Banner of Rage

RARE
    Chaos Warshrine

Chaos Warshrine

CHARACTERS

Exalted Hero (goes in unit of Knights)
    MoT, Chaos Steed, Sword of Striking, Shield, Favour of the Gods

Chaos Sorcerer (goes in unit of Warriors)
    Power Familiar, Third Eye, Lore of Fire

Sorcerer Lord
    MoT, Infernal Puppet, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Conjoined Homonculus, Lore of Tzeentch

2498 points

The goal is to create nasty units with double warshrine, chosen and favour of the gods to manipulate the Eye of the Gods table. Ideally I would like to get Divine Greatness on my Knights to give them 1+ armor and 3+ Ward, making them nearly unstoppable, and the same for the Chosen. Essentially I will have 3 units that can roll on the Eye of the Gods Table. I thought about loading up the marauders with light armor and shields to use as a tarpit but decided to go with flails...or even great weapons? I gave my lvl 2 sorcerer a power familiar to make better use of the 3rd Eye of Tzeentch capability.

Thanks for all of your advise in advance!

Last edited by ahubbard; November 22nd, 2011 at 03:26.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Dangerous looking list, few suggestion to help you out:

Chaos Marauders 51
    MoK, Musician, Standard, Flails

great weapons GREAT WEAPONS! a unit of 50+ marauders is bound to stay in combat past the first turn and keeping around that 5S in favor of attacking last is completely worth it

Chaos Warriors 17 (chaos sorcerer goes here)
    MoK, Musician, Standard, Halberds, Shields, Banner of Eternal Flame

Your sorcerer might find himself in a challenge without a champ there to keep him safe

SPECIAL
    Chaos Knights 9 (exalted hero goes here, bsb)
    MoT, Musician, Standard, Blasted Standard

Ouch that's going to be a mean unit

Chosen 17 (Sorcerer Lord goes here)
    MoT, Musician, Standard, Banner of Rage

Get a champ with favor for this unit, he can keep your sorcerer lord out of harms way and wailing banner to increase your chance of getting divine greatness

RARE
    Chaos Warshrine

Chaos Warshrine

CHARACTERS

Exalted Hero (goes in unit of Knights)
    MoT, Chaos Steed, Sword of Striking, Charmed Shield, Favour of the Gods

I would swap charmed shield and favor off this guy for something else, he's going to get a look out sir anyways

Chaos Sorcerer (goes in unit of Warriors)
    Power Familiar, Third Eye, Lore of Fire

Sorcerer Lord
    MoT, Infernal Puppet, Talisman of Preservation, Conjoined Homonculus, Lore of Tzeentch

Give this guy charmed shield

2498 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input!

So would it be better to have favour in the unit of Knights or the unit of Chosen? I did think about giving Chosen the Wailing Banner to make it more likely to hit divine greatness, but other than that, Banner of Rage is better, at least it seems so. I moved the charm shield and I will have to free up points somehow to make room for a Champion in the unit of warriors. I also gave the Marauders great weapons as suggested, but I thought it would be nice to have 30 attacks at strength 5, likely going first, and 30 attacks at strength 3, likely going first as opposed to keeping the str 5 and always going last. My logic is probably flawed though sense I am new to this game.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Well, how about:

Chosen
    x17
    Full Command
    Wailing Banner
    MoK
    Halberds
    Shields
    Favor

Your getting a 4+ ward save, and 3 attacks each at S5...sounds pretty darn dangerous to me.

Favor of the gods will only affect your characters roll, not the roll of your unit, so there isnt much points in not taking on your chosen instead. It might be difficult to get the roll u need for your knights, but there are still plenty of other good rolls for them to get.

I wouldn't say your logic is flawed, it seems like it should be better, but from personal experience, I find great weapons to be quite a bit better on larger groups of marauders. With smaller groups flails are more viable, since your likely to lose men from shooting, etc. You want to get as many hits in with the smaller group before you lose too many numbers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

I kit my BSB with the Collar of Khorne and Ironcurse Icon and give the Knights the warbanner.

This results in a 4++ ward vs magic, 5++ ward vs artillery and a 1+ armour save vs BS shooting. Makes the unit very resiliant, then you get the BSB, standard and Warbanner for +3 SCR, making the unit able to win combat despite rank bonuses of larger units it might get mixed-up with.

I am also a fan of giving the BSB a halberd, Str 6 attack are actually alot better than Str 5, and the loss of the shield isn't a big deal. and it's like a 5ish pt upgrade that doesn't come out of item allowance, making it super cost efficient

I also don't see gear on the chosen, halberds?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Hey talismanic man, that's a pretty sweet set up for chaos knights! I like it, because it means your bsb can get around a lot easier, and they're a darn robust unit with good combat efficienency. I may have to give it a try myself sometime

+ Reply to Thread