>3000 SoM WoC 3000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SoM WoC 3000 points

Core
    20 Chaos Warriors
    Standard Bearer, Musician Shields, Lichebone Pennant and MoT 385

Core

20 Chaos Warriors Full Command, Shields, Banner of Swiftness and MoT 385

Core
    50 Marauders Full command, Great weapons, and MoT 290

Uncounted
    Core 5 Chaos Warhounds 30

Uncounted
    Core 5 Chaos Warhounds 30

Special
    10 Chaos Knights Full Command, Blasted standard and MoT 510

Rare
    Hellcannon XXX

General
    Lord Chaos Lord MoT, disc of T., Shield, talisman of preservation,
    book of secrets and blood of Tzeentch. Carries the Dawnstar Sword

Lord Sorcerer Lord Level 4, MoT, Additional Level, Third Eye of T., Spell Familiar, Charmed Shield and Talisman of Endurance 340

Hero
    Chaos Sorcerer Level 2, Additional Level and Infernal Puppet, Mark of Nurgle 175

Hero
    Chaos Sorcerer Level 2, Additional Level,Mark of Slaanesh 125

Battle Standard Bearer
    Hero Exalted Hero BSB, Halberd, Armour of Destiny, MoT, and Stream of C. 205

Monsters and Magic:

Dawnstar Sword On Chaos Lord 200

Truthsayer Additional level, Lore of Beasts and Transformation of Kadon 245

Fimir Balefiend Additional Level, Lore of Shadow 215

5 Warhounds of Chaos 30

5 Warhounds of Chaos 30

5 Warhounds of Chaos 30

I hope this is readable. My only played SoM list. Went fairly well with a win in the end.
    C&C appriciated.
    This armys theme is more focus on magic and less on the monsters. Even the monsters I do got are magical in some way.

Last edited by The Odor; December 1st, 2011 at 18:52.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

few quick pointers:

ToP on the mage lord: not nessisary for SoM, as mages get a 3+ ward while they occupy a fulcrum, and you want this guy on a fulcrum. save yourself 45pts and leave it behind.

5 units of dogs is kinda funny. 3 in SoM list 2 in Core, I'd say 3 total is all that you really need.

5 casters is way too many. It's great to have options In SoM but you have too many. You can free up a ton of points if you drop some of these.

The rest looks good but i think you would do well to include more big monsters. SoM is 1/2 magic 1/2 monsters. Ur only monster is a Hellcannon, so very lacking here. An ASF giant would probably do well, as he destroys other big monsters. I can see you struggling from monsters from a lack of options on dealing with them.

Just remember SoM is very random, things change every turn. It is better to ride in knowing your strenths and weaknesses rather than to try and adhere to a plan, as your plan will change many times very quickly as the battle develops.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ToP is on the Chaos Lord who is my answer to monsters along with the Knights and marauders. And the Truthsayer can become a monster. And I actually have found that warriors with shields can handle most monsters with a few buffs. And I dont find five mages to be too many. Neither do I find the six casters I got in the list to be too many. The dogs are a bit of a joke that I have found many oponents hating because of the fact that they can tie up their big gribbly monsters for a turn that allow me to counter charge them with my marauders.

And I like to see my oponnents faces when I put down SIX mages. And when THREE of those are attacking him on turn two they tend to get ready to panic. When I thrash one of his expensive monsters with a unit of Warriors they wonder what happened.
    Last edited by The Odor; December 1st, 2011 at 19:41.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

guess you've got it all figured out.
    good luck =D

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. got a game in the weekend.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Taking a Hellcannon with so many sorcerers around is asking for trouble if you ask me. The puppet can only help so much and at least one of your wizards will go 'pop'.

I tried a Cygor out in my Game and boy did he cause some headaches. He's a fair trade for the Hell cannon as he's pretty much a stone thrower but can MOVE and lob stones. The LD test for all enemy wizards within 24" Can also cause a lot of pain as, if they fail, any spell they fail to cast is a miscast.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; December 1st, 2011 at 21:34.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont often fire the Hellcannon but prefer to use it as a counter charge people who are targeting my main Fulcrum. And I dont want a to beasty beast such as a Cygor. And I filled out a MnM section I find to work fantasticly. Well so if something should replace the Hellcannon what would you take? Only from the Warrior book.

+ Reply to Thread