<2000 Warriors of Chaos (Friendly) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warriors of Chaos (Friendly)

Lords:
    Sorcerer Lord: Level 4, Lore of Tzeentch, Mark of Tzeentch, Spell familiar, Power familiar, Book of Secrets. 330 pts

Heroes:

Exalted Hero: Mark of Khorne, Shield, Stream of Corruption, Chaos runesword. 200 pts

Core:

12 Warriors: Shields, Mark of Nurgle, Standard bearer, Banner of Rage. 257 pts
    12 Warriors: Shields, Mark of Tzeentch, Champion, Musician, Standard bearer, Banner of Rage. 289 pts
    20 Marauders: Mark of Tzeentch, Great Weapons, Champion, Standard bearer. 136 pts

Special:

5 Knights: Mark of Tzeentch, Musician, Champion, Standard bearer, Banner of Rage. 315 pts

Totalt: 1527 pts

Any tips/ideas?

Khorne approves this message.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Comments in blue

Quote Originally Posted by tjaba1 View Post
    Lords:
    Sorcerer Lord: Level 4, Lore of Tzeentch, Mark of Tzeentch, Spell familiar, Power familiar, Book of Secrets. 330 pts

You need the check out the FAQ as the BoS has changed this edition. Basically it turns who ever has it into a level 1 wizard and doesn't generate the additional P'Dice. Also, you're only allowed 1 arcane item per model. Most people these days go with the Infernal puppet as it keeps their Lords alive and then grab the charmed shield and a Ward Save.

Heroes:
    Exalted Hero: Mark of Khorne, Shield, Stream of Corruption, Chaos runesword. 200 pts

Just like the Sorcerer most guys I know tool their characters up to be nigh unkillable so that means wardsaves. Like taking the 4+ Ward items from the Rule book and adding MoT to boost it to a 3+. Grabbing a Halberd is usually enough to scare most characters and units as the Exalteds stats are so flipping high anyway.

Core:

12 Warriors: Shields, Mark of Nurgle, Standard bearer, Banner of Rage. 257 pts
    MoN isn't that grreat. It's amazing if you're up against WS3 models but against anything else it's a bit bum. You'll probably get more use out of MoT

12 Warriors: Shields, Mark of Tzeentch, Champion, Musician, Standard bearer, Banner of Rage. 289 pts
    Frenzied models canot claim a Parry Wardsave. Give these guys halberds and you're good to go. Or drop the banner of Rage.

These units are too small. 12 just doesn't really cut it any more ad I stuck with my units of 12 for ages but I switched to units of 18 and they were just so much killier. So, if I were you, make this one unit of 18 Warriors with MoT, Banner of Rage, Shields and Halberds.

20 Marauders: Mark of Tzeentch, Great Weapons, Champion, Standard bearer. 136 pts

This unit is far to small. If you do combine the units of Warriors together use the spare points to make this unit at least 30 strong. Small units o marauders can work but arm them with flails so they can fight in initiative order

Special:

5 Knights: Mark of Tzeentch, Musician, Champion, Standard bearer, Banner of Rage. 315 pts
    You can only take on Banner of rage (and any item) once per list so you need to drop it/one of them. I'd drop the whole command and use the points to either grab another model or go towards another unit.

Totalt: 1527 pts

Any tips/ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tjaba1 View Post
    20 Marauders: Mark of Tzeentch, Great Weapons, Champion, Standard bearer. 136 ptsAny tips/ideas?
    The ward save seems kind of wasted protecting a few of your cheapest troops. I myself prefer Khorne on Marauders, and would probably include a musician instead of a champion unless you're going to bunker a caster there and are worried about enemy characters.

I agree with Lord Borak about 30+. Maybe 40+. Marauder hordes can be nasty against opponents too few to last after taking a round of ~24-28 GW attacks. I've been building a similar army and have had excellent luck with Wulfrik as a psychological weapon; he's murderous against squishy casters and no one likes a horde of 30 screaming Marauders with flails and MoK dropping in behind their lines.

If you're trying to get to 2000, how about a hellcannon? They can put out serious hurt, and players who aren't used to seeing them will underestimate their melee abilities. A Thunderstomp monster with a long-range S10-5 template attack for their cost is a steal.

Warhounds are also an attractive option for the cost. Screening for frenzied units and hopping on manglers and fanatics are only a few of their many uses.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Warriors of Chaos are always friendly, just invite some to party and let the fun & games begin:
    1. Pull uncle Throgg's finger and see what happens.
    2. Pin the appendage on the Chaos Spawn.
    3. Discover that Khorne's punch is not just a drink.
    4. Sing "50 Marauders of Khorne on the Wall..."
    5. Walk over and feed the Juggernaut - but only once.

Yep, we bring the favor of the gods to any occasion!

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

+ Reply to Thread