<3000 2500 pts list for first tournament of 2012! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x3)

2500 pts list for first tournament of 2012!

Ok guys, I wrote this up while watching all three original star wars movies on blue ray tonight (its my new years tradition). So CC is definitely welcomed and appreciated.

Lvl 4 Sorcerer Lord, Charmed shield, talisman of preservation, infernal puppet, biting blade, Lore of shadow 360 (in MoT warrior unit)
    Lvl 2 sorcerer, Mot, dispel scroll, talisman of protection, iron curse icon, 185 (in halberd unit)
    Exalted on chaos steed, BSB, halberd, talisman of endurance, dragon helm, MoT 205 (in knight unit)

Core
    42 marauders w/ standard and musician, GWs, MoK 252
    19 WoC, Musician, standard, razor standard, Mot, shields 387
    20 WoC, FC, Banner of eternal flame, Halberds, shields, MoK 410
    2x5 hounds xx

special
    6 trolls 270
    7 knights, musician, standard, blasted standard, MoT 370

Total 2499

LMK what you think. I have no idea what armies are going to be there. Any and all help would be awesome!

Daniel

Last edited by Furbyballer; January 1st, 2012 at 18:15. Reason: Found list mistakes

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Ok guys, I wrote this up while watching all three original star wars movies on blue ray tonight (its my new years tradition). So CC is definitely welcomed and appreciated.

Lvl 4 Sorcerer Lord, Charmed shield, opal amulet, infernal puppet, Lore of shadow 325 (in Halberd unit)
    So he is in the front line with no ward save at all and no sniper magic in case a nasty challenger comes near?

Lvl 2 sorcerer, Mot, dispel scroll, talisman of protection, iron curse icon, 185 (in hw Shield unit)
    Looks a bit weak, for similar reasons. Why not put him on a disc and give him Golden Eye? War machines seldom hurt warriors much anyway.

Exalted on chaos steed, BSB, shield, biting blade, talisman of preservation, MoT 216 (in knight unit)
    I'd drop the shield and give him a nice halberd instead.

Core
    46 marauders w/ standard and musician, GWs, MoK 272
    19 WoC, FC, rapturous standard, Mot 374
    How often do you expect warriors to lose combat? Why don't they have shields?
    21 WoC, FC, Banner of eternal flame, Halberds, shields, MoK 427
    2x5 hounds xx
    The champs on the warriors are a very expensive way of protecting the mages - I'd redo the math if I were you.

special
    6 trolls 270

Total 2499

LMK what you think. I have no idea what armies are going to be there. Any and all help would be awesome!

Daniel
    Should do OK, but I'd go Lore of Death if you don't have a ward save for your Lord.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

163 (x3)

List has been updated with some of the suggestions.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Comments in blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post

Lvl 4 Sorcerer Lord, Charmed shield, talisman of preservation, infernal puppet, biting blade, Lore of shadow 360 (in MoT warrior unit)
    Lvl 2 sorcerer, Mot, dispel scroll, talisman of protection, iron curse icon, 185 (in halberd unit)
    You could probably do away with a lot of this guys gear. Is he here for some awesome combos to combine with the Lord or is he there purely to carry a Dispel scroll? I'd make him level 1, grab a dispel scroll and the Iron Curse Icon and be done with it. He might keep some warriors alive and use flickering fire on some regenerating things but other than that this guy doesn't bring much to to the table. Ditching all that gear saves you 50pts which is enough for another Troll or Knight. Ditch thee MoT and thats almost 2 more Knights.

Hell, you if you want a scroll caddy you could grab an Exalted, MoT, BoS, Scroll and shield. That's 10pts less that the Sorcerer build. Taking an Exalted would also mean you've have someone decent to swap places with if your Lord is threatened. ............. You could even make him the BSB and ditch the mounted Exalted for more Knights....... Or something.

Exalted on chaos steed, BSB, halberd, talisman of endurance, dragon helm, MoT 205 (in knight unit)

Core
    42 marauders w/ standard and musician, GWs, MoK 252
    19 WoC, Musician, standard, razor standard, Mot, shields 387
    20 WoC, FC, Banner of eternal flame, Halberds, shields, MoK 410
    Why 20? These guys should have a 6+ frontage not a 5 frontage. Add an extra model so you can go 7x3 or ditch two and go 6x3.
    2x5 hounds xx

special
    6 trolls 270
    I would personally like to keep these guys next to the General and the BSB especially as your general is only LD8. Your BSB is going on the flank and running off on his own which means the Trolls will either be away from the General or the BSB...... You'll have to think carefully about where you place these guys and their place in your battle line.

Total 2499

Daniel

As it stands I think you've got a ridiculous amount of points invested in Characters, 750pts to be exact. If you went with a Level 4 and a foot BSB you could shave off 200pts which is a lot to play with. That's a Hell cannon, 30 more Marauders or a unit of 5 Knights.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; January 2nd, 2012 at 02:52.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

163 (x3)

I took the extra sorcerer since I always take a dispel scroll in my tournament lists. I liked your idea about the exalted caster/dispel scroll caddy. I replaced the level 2 with an exalted BoS/dispel scroll, MoT, and shield. With those points left over I beefed up the marauders and added another halberd warrior. Btw, the halberd warriors will be in a 7x3 formation. I also took the bsb off his chaos steed and made him foot mobile and put him in the halberd unit, so that is over 30 attacks from one unit with the sorcerer lord and bsb in that unit to baby sit the trolls who will be in front/next to them.

+ Reply to Thread