<3000 2500 Tournament Tomorrow! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 Tournament Tomorrow!

I have my first tournament of the year tomorrow, so I wanted to make a last second post and hopefully get some feedback if I need to make any last second changes. Anyway, here is the list;

Lords

Sorcerer Lord
    Charmed Shield, Talisman of Protection, Infernal Puppet, Conjoined Homunculous, MoT, lvl 4

Sorcerer
    Power Familiar, Third eye, lvl 2, Lore of Fire

Exalted Hero - goes in unit of Knights
    Chaos Steed, Sword of Striking, Favour, BSB,

Core
    50 Marauders
    MoK, Great Weapons

17 Chaos Warriors - Sorcerer Here
    Banner of Eternal Flame, Musician, Halberd, Shields, MoK

17 Chosen - Sorcerer Lord here
    Banner of Rage, Musician, Shields, MoT

9 Chaos Knights - BSB here
    Blasted Standard, musician, MoT

Chaos Warshrine

Chaos Warshrine

Total 2498

I think the list is fairly solid, I wish I could get Ironcurse Icon on my Lord or Sorcerer, and MoT on the Warshrines. The unit of Knights I thought about getting Wailing Banner instead of Blasted standard, but my opponents always try to shoot the crap outta them. I boost my magic with conjoined and power familiar though I could lose the power familiar, but I really like the extra power dice and makes my magic phases halfway decent. The goal is to warshrine my knights until they hopefully get divine greatness. Also should I be taking champions sense I have double warshrine? They get a roll on the eye table too right?

Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

with 10 knights I'm assuming you're doing 5x2. I think that's a waste of attacks for the second row. run them in 2 units of 5 knights. They hit very hard and draw a lot of attention. Two units will but almost as potent as one, plus you'll split your opponents attention and fire power. Also you'll make them more versatile.

If you look around you don't see them ranked up for a reason. GW didn't even make the units so they can be ranked, they just don't fit together because they don't expect anyone to run them ranked. If you want a little more staying power you could run 6 or maybe even 7 wide. Also, I think Khorne is the way to go, they 5 x 3 attacks + 5 horse attacks with ws5 str5 magic attacks will win against almost anything via combat res. Point being, ranking knights is a waste imo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

BTW you wouldn't happen to be going to the games empire tournament tomorrow? I might be there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by ahubbard View Post
    I have my first tournament of the year tomorrow, so I wanted to make a last second post and hopefully get some feedback if I need to make any last second changes. Anyway, here is the list;

Lords

Sorcerer Lord
    Charmed Shield, Talisman of Protection, Infernal Puppet, Conjoined Homunculous, MoT, lvl 4
    this guy looks pretty solid, however! unless your going for a tzneetch theme, lore of tzneetch isnt that great. doe doesnt really need the mark, so id drop it and go shadow... maybe heavens if thats more your flavour.
    Sorcerer
    Power Familiar, Third eye, lvl 2, Lore of Fire
    consider a dispel scroll instead of the familiar. level 2 might not be necessary on this guy. maybe make him level 1 and give him the MoT. worst case, flickering fire isnt terrible.

Exalted Hero - goes in unit of Knights
    Chaos Steed, Sword of Striking, Favour, BSB,
    im not a fan of this guy for a few reasons. first off is the sword of striking. 30 points for +1 to hit is alittle expensive when your already hitting most things on a 3+. a hate to say it but a mundane halberd would actually be better for this guy in most cases. +1 to wound and -1 armour will pay off more than +1 hit. unless your fighting strictly ultra low T/AS. second is the favour. it could work here, but if your giving all your warshrine rolls to your chosen, it will likely be put to better use there.
    Core
    50 Marauders
    MoK, Great Weapons
    maybe squeeze in a musician for a quick reform here or there... not a big deal
    17 Chaos Warriors - Sorcerer Here
    Banner of Eternal Flame, Musician, Halberd, Shields, MoK
    wonderful! buy a champion to accept challenges for your sorcerer.
    17 Chosen - Sorcerer Lord here
    Banner of Rage, Musician, Shields, MoT
    same deal about the champion. these guys are definitely going to see combat, and you dont want your general taking a challenge he might not win.
    9 Chaos Knights - BSB here
    Blasted Standard, musician, MoT
    as stated before, alittle big. youll get plenty of LoS rolls for your bsb, but thats about the only advantage. your paying 400 points to give yourself 5 extra attacks and 5 extra wounds. 400 points... go with a 6-7 man front and watch them eat everything for breakfast. also i like giving my knights banner of rage. frenzied horses can be devistating. makes for some 30 attacks...
    Chaos Warshrine

Chaos Warshrine
    dont really think these guys need the MoT
    Total 2498

I think the list is fairly solid, I wish I could get Ironcurse Icon on my Lord or Sorcerer, and MoT on the Warshrines. The unit of Knights I thought about getting Wailing Banner instead of Blasted standard, but my opponents always try to shoot the crap outta them. I boost my magic with conjoined and power familiar though I could lose the power familiar, but I really like the extra power dice and makes my magic phases halfway decent. The goal is to warshrine my knights until they hopefully get divine greatness. Also should I be taking champions sense I have double warshrine? They get a roll on the eye table too right?

Thanks for the help.
    alot of my comments are just ideas thrown in there. nothing critical. if i had to stress one point above any other itd be champions. pretty easy for a prince on gryphonback to swoop in, challenge your sorcerer and roll him.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Everything has pretty much been covered by Shoe, but just to add on to it a bit.

Tzeentch isn't the best lore to take for an all-comers list. Reason is, spells like gateway, flickering fire, and pandemonium are all well and good, however your chance of getting that 11 or 12 is pretty slim, and isn't something you should rely on. Additionally pandemonium becomes easily dispelled during your opponents magic phase. Truth is, tzeentch lacks the versatility of shadow, death, and even heavens magic.

What I look for in a lore, is something that will eliminate a lot of my armies weaknesses, and further increase my armies strengths. Shadows will do this through it's many hex spells which will weaken your enemies combat troops, and through other spells like mindrazor, increase the damage output of your combat units. Pit of shades can deal a good amount of damage to lower initiative armies as well.

Death has the best character sniping spells in the game, as well as a few decent hex spells. If your opponent is lacking the ranks to be steadfast and isn't ITP, doom and darkness can make your opponent sweat during those break/panic tests. Then of course there is purple sun, arguably one of the best spells in the whole game.

Heavens works amazing against gunlines, comet makes your opponent get up and move out of it's way, or risk losing the game, because lets be honest, they won't be able to stand up to our units in combat. Harmonic convergence gives our combat units the closest thing we'd ever see to having hatred, and honestly I can't count the amount of times I have failed armor tests for rolling ones! Don't forget Urannon's thunderbolt and chain lightning, they can deal a hefty amount of damage as well.

As for your characters and troops..give your BSB some protection, he's a pretty important piece to the WoC puzzle, and as Shoe already pointed out a mundane halberd for 5 points is often times more worth it than a 30 point weapon that only gives you a +1 to hit.

Give favor to your chosen unit, this will help them get that divine greatness roll you always want for chosen. Also grab a musician and standard bearer for your marauder horde, the extra +1 combat res might not seem like much now, but when things start to get to the nitty gritty, that extra combat res becomes well worth it.

Good luck with your tournament!!!
    Last edited by Noma; January 15th, 2012 at 00:49.

+ Reply to Thread