<3000 Help me build a hard list 2400 list with the following models,... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help me build a hard list 2400 list with the following models,...

I am new to Warriors of Chaos, I got an army of someone for a ice price. I normally play dwarfs, tomb king or orcs and goblins. But I would love to use some bashing and hard close combat army. I hope to get some goods suggestions for mainly a 2400 pts army list then can compete in a tournament prett well. Also suggestions for a 1000 and 1500 pts are good to get to know the army.

I have the following models, please telle what hard list can be made from this. Or maybe what o buy, I now marauders with GW in 40 or 50 ar great, but i want to make a hard list with the models i've got first.

These are my models:

LORDS EN HEROES
    - 1 x daemon prince
    - 1 x character mounted
    - 1 x army standard bearer mounted
    - 1 x character mounted (*)
    - 1 x sorceror op daemonic steed
    - 1 x hero
    - 1 x hero

CORE UNITS
    - 25 chaos warriors (incl. command group)
    - 5 chaos hounds
    - 5 chaos hounds
    - 15 chaos warriors (incl. command group) (#)
    - 15 chaos warriors (incl. command group) (#)

SPECIAL UNITS
    - 8 chaos knights (incl. command group)
    - 2 chariots

RARE UNITS
    - 2 warshrine (conversion)

OPMERKING:
    (*) these have a book of scroll and could be used as sorcerers.
    (#) old warriors models, could be used as chosen warriors

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Off the top of my head(sorry I can't be more descriptive, at work right now) something like this...

Sorcerer Lord, lvl 4, infernal puppet, barded steed, some sort of ward save item

Exalted Hero, BSB, MoT, ward save item, maybe a halberd as well

2 units of 18 warriors, MoT/MoK, halberds/hand weapon, shield

18 chosen, MoT, halberd, shields, magic banner, favor

8 knights, FC, MoT, blasted standard

2x 5 hounds

2 warshrines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey oma,

Thanks for your reply. I am Really curious about your thoughts. The sorcerer on a mount with the 8 chaos knights? Run them 5 wide or more? Is it wise to bring your wizard to a fight in the horse unit?

For the warriors use MoZ with halberds and MoK if you use handweapon shield?

Are two warshrines needed, I don't really understand how to use the warshrine with the chosen unit.

I was thinking for using three warriors units in this way.

Cheers kris

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Well you don't have to run your sorcerer lord with the knights if you don't want, it might be better to just stick him with chosen instead.

Generally I run my warriors

18, MoT, shields, hand weapons, musician, standard bearer, magic banner of some kind

18, MoK, shields(optional), halberds, musician, standard bearer, magic banner

As for the chosen, they have the option of being an insanely strong death star using the warshrines to bless them.

The build goes as follows:

18 Chosen, MoT/MoK(I prefer MoK lately for extra attacks), halberds, shields, full command, favor of the gods, terror banner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks again for your fast reply.

I think I know how the shrine works on the chosen now. I figured out two list.

Sorcerer Lord, lvl 4, infernal puppet, talisman of preservation (350)
    Exalted Hero, BSB, MoT, halberd, talisman of endurance (189)

2 units of 17 warriors, champ, bnr, MoK, hw + sh (2x 316) each unit a character.
    2 units of 5 hounds (60)
    18 chosen, MoT, halberd, shields, magic banner, favor (460)
    8 knights, FC, MoT, blasted standard (430)
    2 warshrines (2x 130)

Or maybe this one ( perhaps tricky with a unit of chosen like this, it's have the army points).

Sorcerer Lord, lvl 4, infernal puppet, talisman of preservation (350)

2 units of 18 warriors, bnr, MoK, hw + sh (2x 330)
    26 chosen, fc. MoT, halberd, shields, banner of rage, favor of the gods (630)
    2 chariots, MoK (2x 150)
    2 warshrines (2x 130)

I would love opinions about these list.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Comments below:

Sorcerer Lord, lvl 4, infernal puppet, talisman of preservation
    Throw charmed shield on this guy, its a cheap item that can help out big time, ignoring that one wound can make all the difference.

Looks good, almost identical to the build I use, I like to have my BSB equipped with stream of corruption, just in case his unit needs that extra combat res, or if he's in a challenge with a real nasty lord. It's all personal preference though.

2 units of 17 warriors, champ, bnr, MoK, hw + sh (2x 316) each unit a character.

If your taking MoK you'll want to give your warriors halberds for maximum damage output, there aren't many infantry out there that can deal 3 S5 attacks each. If you want a solid unit that can survive pretty much anything, take MoT with hand weapons and shields, they have a 3+ armor save a 5+ parry save in CC, they're tough as nails.

2 units of 5 hounds

Nice

18 chosen, MoT, halberd, shields, magic banner, favor

Looks good, which banner are you taking on them?

8 knights, FC, MoT, blasted standard

Nice, you could drop the champion from this unit, your essentially paying 20 points for 1 extra attacks, that's an extra warrior, or a magic item for a character.

2 warshrines

Sorcerer Lord, lvl 4, infernal puppet, talisman of preservation (35

Same as above.

2 units of 18 warriors, bnr, MoK, hw + sh

Same as above.

26 chosen, fc. MoT, halberd, shields, banner of rage, favor of the gods

That's a lot of chosen, I think your better off keeping them at a lower number, you don't want to over-invest, they're good, but too much of a good thing can sometimes be bad.

2 chariots, MoK

If your going to run chariots, try to keep them relatively close together and charge them at the same unit, they make great flank chargers, and if used properly deal tons of damage.

2 warshrines

That's all I got for now, I'll try to be more in depth when I have time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at these suggestions, I have a question. You recommend giving the chosen Halberds and shields, but halberds require two hands so the unit would have to switch to their hand weapons in order to be able to use the shields so it seems like wasted points somewhere. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

The shields are there primarily for defense against range and magic providing a 3+ armor save, instead of a 4+. You don't have to use shields, as they are optional on MoK warriors, so are they on chosen as well.

Again just personal preference I like the added bonus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

If you have 2 units of MOK worarriors with halberds I wouldn't bother with an extra save against shooting for them but would rather invest the points in a unit of dogs.
    As for the BSB I would consider a book of secrets if you're putting him in a unit. The unit will keep him safe from shooting and with a champion in the unit from CC attacks, it will give you more of a magic fase, just consider you can pull of a fireball with your last dice.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Book of secrets is all well and good, but consider how much easier it is to deal damage to that expensive unit he's sitting in if you miscast. Book of secrets has it's advantages, but it also has it's set backs, and losing your BSB to a miscast sucks.

I'm not saying it's bad, in fact It's used by many players on this forum, myself included a few times. I'm more of a safe player, I don't like taking big risks with important/expensive characters.

+ Reply to Thread