<2000 1200 Friend Against Empire - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1200 Friend Against Empire

Hi Folks,

I'm playing a friendly game against Empire in a few days and wanted to get some opinions on this list. I'm pretty new to 8th edition and ran a similar "Death Star" list in 7th edition-- which I found really effective. I'm not sure how well it will hold up in 8th, however.

I wanted to take two sorcerers to have a really effective magic phase, but I was also playing with the idea of dropping the second listed sorcerer for a BSB (which would mean I would need to take 5 pts away from the other sorcerer) to provide more protection for the warrior block. Let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks!

Heros:

Chaos Sorcerer (Lore of Death) - 170 pts
    Lv 2
    Enchanted Shield
    Iron Curse Icon
    Dispel Scroll

Chaos Sorcerer (Lore of Shadow) - 130 pts
    Lv 2
    Charmed Shield
    Luckstone

Core:

30 x Chaos Warriors - 595 pts
    Tzeentch
    Halbreds
    Shields
    FC
    Banner of Rage

Rare:

2 x Warshrine - 300 pts
    Tzeentch

Total Points: 1295

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

This is a friendly list?

Hero level Sorcerers can't take Shadow, it's either Fire or Death so you'll have to change that one. A BSB would be cool but it's probably unneeded as you're unlikely to loose combat and you're immune to Psychology anyway.

You could probably do away with one Sorcerer. The other one you could give the Puppet, Favour of the gods to help with the Blessings, the charmed shield and the 3rd eye to steal spells if he has a Lord level caster or just picks a nice lore like Light or Life. He shouldn't need any extra protection if he's in that unit which is gunning for the Ward.

4. Thankssmelliot thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Holy batshit, Robin! That's not a friendly list!!!

Halberd isn't spelled (and especially not pronounced!) halbred.

I don't know why you're bothering with mark of tzeentch. Sure, a 5+ ironcurse is cool, but you can afford to lose a model or three on your approach march... And mark of nurgle would be a much more effective choice once you get into melee, since you have no parry save to boost.

Lastly, 1295 is NOT a 1200 point list!!!

/edit/. By the way, if your friend knows you're playing warriors, he might take the lore of metal... And then you're well and truly sodomized. Wounded on 3+ with no armor save for most spells, and the big spell just insta-jibs 1/3 of your deathstar on the spot. If I were him, I'd take three naked L2 alchemists and just burn you down as you march across the board. Artillery isn't your greatest worry here!
    Last edited by Marnepup; February 4th, 2012 at 08:04.

6. Thankssmelliot thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

hmm, firstly consider this...your tying up 300 points in a 1200 point list on two characters who don't bring any offense to the table. That's 1/4 of the overall cost of the list invested in one phase of the game, IMO you could spend those points elsewhere and get better results. I can see how two lvl 2's could be incorporated in a larger list, but I think you focus here should be playing to the strength of the army.

In lower point games warriors of chaos already have a really nice advantage because of.

a) warriors: who have an insane stat line, and are incredibly versatile
    b) marauders: who are dirt cheap, have a decent statline and have the numbers to dice up almost any unit

Maybe be a little more friendly and split up your warriors?

8. Thankssmelliot thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Lord Borak -- Thanks for the catch, I would have to convert that to Death.

@Marnepup -- I made a mistake the total points is 1192, not 1295. Should have proofread more carefully!

I guess this list isn't so "friendly" but I thought it may be an interesting alternative to what I have been using recently which is a more balanced list (marauder horde, warriors, hounds, calv). This is my second time playing this chap and I kind of wanted to throw him a curveball. Haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    This is a friendly list?

You could probably do away with one Sorcerer. The other one you could give the Puppet, Favour of the gods to help with the Blessings, the charmed shield and the 3rd eye to steal spells if he has a Lord level caster or just picks a nice lore like Light or Life. He shouldn't need any extra protection if he's in that unit which is gunning for the Ward.
    If i give a sorcerer Favour of the Gods to help with blessings, can he still change the blessings if given to the unit?

+ Reply to Thread