<2000 1400 Campaign Vs. Dark Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1400 Campaign Vs. Dark Elves

Hi Guys,

I'm currently in a campaign and new to 8th edition. The last game I played was 1200 points (against Empire) and this week we are bumping it up to 1400 points. I am playing the Dark Elves and I'm not terribly familiar with the army. I will post the list I used last game and would appreciate it if you guys could comment on anything that I could change to make me more competitive against the Dark Elves. I'm even open to drastic list changes-- any ideas are welcome.

Thanks!

1200 point list from last week:

Core:

5 x Warhounds -- 30 pts

5 x Warhounds -- 30 pts

18 x Warriors -- 401 pts
    • FC
    • Halberds
    • Shields
    • Nurge
    • Banner of Rage
    41 x Marauders -- 288 pts
    • Khorne
    • GW
    • Musician
    • Standard
    Rare:

1x Warshrine -- 150 pts
    • Tzeenthch
    Heroes:

Chaos Sorcerer (Lore of Fire, in Warrior block) -- 140 pts
    • Level 2
    • Spell Familar
    • Enchanted Shield
    Chaos Sorcerer (Lore or Death, in Warrior block) -- 160 pts
    • Level 3
    • Infernal Puppet
    • Favor of the Gods
    ​Total Points: 1199

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Hey dude. The 1200pt list looks pretty good as is although I'd consider making one Sorcerer Level 2 with MoT, Blood of Tzeentch and the 3rd eye to steal spells off the enemy casters. The other Sorcerer I'd just make level 1 and give him the Puppet, or dropping him entirely for points to go towards more troops or a monster (Scylla is awesome in small games)

For the new list I'd try and add in another unit. Even if it's an 18 man Marauder unit with flails. 2 Combat units just seems like 1 too few in my book. Some Knights wouldn't be a bad thing if you don't want some more Marauders.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

If he has a shooty list those marauders are going to die quick. Might want to upgrade the lvl3 to a lvl4 and get rid of the level 2 - do you find you're using both sorcerers? High armor chaos knights are expensive, but they do well against low strength shooting - they soak up a ton of shots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Agreed, add knights and lose the marauders against DE, put the nurgle/rage combo on the knights, and you have too much going on with those casters. You could trim some fat there.
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

+ Reply to Thread