<2000 thoughts on pure khonre list? 1k and 1.5k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thoughts on pure khonre list? 1k and 1.5k

i was thinking on a pure khonre list (no sorcerers). Is it practical? and does anyone have any suggestions on khorne lists?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I would go as far as saying pure Khorne lists are better off in lower point games...when you think about it, most lists will only have a lvl2 at 1 & 1.5 k.

That's not to say you couldn't bring a lvl 2 yourself and just call him a slave of khorne..this crops up a lot in pure khorne lists I have played/seen in the past.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

You could give the Khorne lord the Wizards hat.......

Seriously though. No sorcerers at all means you're opening yourself up for some serious hurt from enemy magic. You can dispel one or two spells max with your base Dispel dice and no bonuses but everything else will get through. So you'll need to acknowledge that fact.

Still, the 300+pts spent on sorcerers could get you a whole new regiment of 18 Khorne Warriors with halberds so you'll probably have numbers on your side to balance it out. As for the list itself, don;t hold back. Lots of Warriors with Halberds, Marauders with Great weapons, Knights, Chariots and anything else that will crush the foes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isee what you guys mean, i'll add a lvl2 sorc in, how many warriors and how units of them would be good?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I think you could get away with a unit of 18 warriors and a unit of 40+ marauders, that's two solid combat units, both that deal a ton of damage.

Generally the best way to equip your warrior unit is with halberds, seeing as they're going to have mark of khorne and they can't parry anyways there isn't much sense in taking hand weapons and shields. If your thinking additional hand weapons are better because of the extra attacks you get, they actually are almost always less useful than halberds.

When it comes to marauders great weapons are the way to go with larger numbers, even though your striking last, you have the numbers to take casualties from shooting/magic/combat/etc.

From there you can just add in a bit of speed in the form of a few chariots or some knights, and the rest is up to you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, what do you guys think about chosen? are they useful?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say chosen are far worse then knights. If I pay tons of points for a ultra elite unit I want it in combat as soon as possible and without a unreliable boon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh thats true com to think of it. okay, this is what i got planned at the moment, any idea how to fill the last 250pts? was thinking on giving the bsb an aethersword? or should i add another unit of something to put the sorcerer with?

chaos sorcerer
    lvl 2-120

exalted hero
    BSB
    MoK
    enchanted shield-155

17 chaos warriors
    halberd
    shields
    MoK
    FC-349

40 marauders
    great weapons
    MoK
    FC-250

5 chaos knights
    MoK
    FC-280

8 chaos hounds-48

8 chaos hounds-48

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you really want the sorcerer as your general??? It works armywise but from a fluff point it could get icky. In other case you could call him some prophet or so. A unit of 20-ish flail marauders could work as a wizard guard.
    Maybe for a general you could get something like this:
    Exalted Hero
    Collar of Khorne
    MoK
    Run the general in the big marauder unit to add a pip of leadership and a bit umph.
    This clocks in at 150 which leaves you 100 points for 20 flail Marauders.
    And maybe drop the Warhounds down to five each if you dont have a very special task for them.
    Last edited by The Odor; February 13th, 2012 at 13:03.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh thats true, so do i drop the bsb?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast