<3000 3000pts friendly vs daemons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3000pts friendly vs daemons

Need help with this list, i've never faced Daemons with Warriors before and as Warriors can't get access to lore of light that kinda takes away one of the strategies that I normally use with my high elves.

Sorc lord level 4
    MoT
    To Preservation
    Enchanted Shield
    3rd eye of Tzeentch
    Conjoined Homunculus 395

BSB
    MoT
    Glaive of Putrfaction
    To Protection 185

Sorc level 2
    MoT
    Infernal Puppet
    Charmed Shield 170

23 Warriors, w/HW & Shield
    MoT
    F/C, Warbanner 423

MoT
    F/C 398

3 x 5 Hounds 90

17 Chosen w/AHW
    MoT
    F/C, Banner of Rage
    Favor of the Gods 403

6 Trolls 270

6 Ogres w/Great weapons
    MoN
    Chaos Armour 330

Warshrine 130

Hellcannon 205

TOTAL 2999

The trolls and ogres are in the list just cos I fancied dusting the models off and giving them a game. The Chosen will be joined by the BSB, and a Sorc will go in a unit of warriors each, with the hounds to screen. BSB with the glaive is there in case a greater daemon shows up just one wound and it should be easier for the chosen to wipe out.
    I know the most common build for chosen is with halberds but figured i'd try to maximum number of attacks as possible (30 from the front and second rank) and try to pop the daemons

Anyway feel free to comment and rip the list apart.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Comments in blue!

Quote Originally Posted by hoethswords View Post

Sorc lord level 4
    MoT
    To Preservation
    Enchanted Shield
    3rd eye of Tzeentch
    Conjoined Homunculus 395

Looks good. You never know, the Daemon player might bring the Lore of light for you to steal. Most likely though it will be life. Life is still nice to steal though!!

BSB
    MoT
    Glaive of Putrfaction
    To Protection 185

This guy is a bit 'meh' to be honest. The glaive is nice but he needs to be durable enough to survive combat and that he isn't. Armour of destiny for a 3+ Ward is pretty good. Otherwise the collar of Khorne is awesome against Pink horrors. Another handy Item is the Tricksters shard so that he has to re-roll his ward saves. The Dragon Bane Gem or Dragon helm is also fantabulous against daemons as, more often than not, Khorne characters are armed with a Flaming sword with +1 Str.

Sorc level 2
    MoT
    Infernal Puppet
    Charmed Shield 170

This guy doesn't need the LvL 2 upgrade. The Lord will be sucking the powerdice up so he's really just there to carry the puppet around.

MoT
    F/C, Warbanner 423

MoT
    F/C 398

3 x 5 Hounds 90

17 Chosen w/AHW
    MoT
    F/C, Banner of Rage
    Favor of the Gods 403

Halberds are generally better than Additional hand weapons. The +1A usually looses out on +1Str as the second rank doesn't get the benefit of Additional weapons but it does from Halberds.

6 Trolls 270

If your opponent has flamers or Horrors say good bye to these guys. These guys, while fun, might be better brought against another opponent.

6 Ogres w/Great weapons
    MoN
    Chaos Armour 330

Warshrine 130

Hellcannon 205

TOTAL 2999

The trolls and ogres are in the list just cos I fancied dusting the models off and giving them a game. The Chosen will be joined by the BSB, and a Sorc will go in a unit of warriors each, with the hounds to screen. BSB with the glaive is there in case a greater daemon shows up just one wound and it should be easier for the chosen to wipe out.
    I know the most common build for chosen is with halberds but figured i'd try to maximum number of attacks as possible (30 from the front and second rank) and try to pop the daemons

Anyway feel free to comment and rip the list apart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Hi there

I think your glaive of putrification guy would be better equipped if he had the potion of strength - at s8 he is much more likely to score a wound on a greated demon and bypass any armour saves it might have, especially if it is a bloodthirster with all the trimmings.
    Although... having said that, he may well not be alive to even swing his glaive after challenging a bloodthirster and taking its attacks first. You could always try throwing in a dragonbane gem or dragonhelm somewhere to help survive those flaming attacks - a disc riding hero with such an item would go a long way (literally, as well) towards rounding up any flamers and dealing with any greater demons.
    In fact, a really good combo would be....
    Hero
    -mark of tzeentch
    -disc
    -dragonbane gem
    -glaive of putrification
    -potion of strength
    -shield
    -stream of corruption

Allows you to deliver a strong punch wherever it is needed, is immune to fear (thanks to the disc) and has a 2+ wardsave against flamers and lore of tzeentch spells. Gives a bit of speed to help outmanourve any flyers he brings along.
    He has a 2+ armour save too which is going to take a heavy hit to breach. Lastly, the stream of corruption is a useful thing if he has any large blocks of infantry - a good spew on them from the right angle is going to be killing several characters.

And if you were looking for points, you could drop your secondary wizard and give the infernal puppet to the lord - he is much more survivable and if they figure out that the smaller guy has the puppet then they can send a beefed up herald in his direction and he is going to be in a challenge to the death very quickly.
    Last edited by Disk Rider; February 15th, 2012 at 09:26.

+ Reply to Thread