<2000 New to WHF and WOC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to WHF and WOC

Okay guys, looking for some critique on my 2000 point list. I have been working my way up from 500 point games to 1750. I've played a few games over the weeks to get a feel for the game and to make my list grow, I'm now at 2k so please tell me what you think.

Sorcerer Lord
    Lv 4
    MoT
    Charmed Shield
    Talisman of Preservation
    Power Familiar
    Disc

Exalted Hero
    BSB
    MoT
    Iron Curse Icon
    Enchanted Shield
    Talisman of Endurance

17-18 Warriors
    MoT
    FC
    Shields

17-18 Warriors
    MoN
    FC
    Shields
    Halberds

17-18 Chosen
    MoT or MoN
    FC
    Halberds
    Favor
    Banner of Rage

Warshrine
    MoT

5 Hounds

5 Hounds

That puts me roughly at 1950 give or take from the Chosen and Warrior units. I was also thinking of taking out the Chosen and Warshrine and adding 5 Knights and a a large block of Marauders Mok with great weapons.

As of right now I own everything but the Warshrine and Chosen. I'm looking for insight on if I should go ahead and invest in them? Any comments are appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Hey dude, welcome to both Chaos and Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltharion213 View Post
    Okay guys, looking for some critique on my 2000 point list. I have been working my way up from 500 point games to 1750. I've played a few games over the weeks to get a feel for the game and to make my list grow, I'm now at 2k so please tell me what you think.

Sorcerer Lord
    Lv 4
    MoT
    Charmed Shield
    Talisman of Preservation
    Power Familiar
    Disc

Looks good. Seeing as he's your only Sorcerer you probably wont really need the Power Familiar. You'll be getting 7-8 Dice to use and you can usually do 3 or more spells with that, especially if your Tzeentch. seeing as you're pumping out so many spells grabbing the Blood of Tzeentch or the Puppet will reduce your chances of imploding yourself. consider grabbing the 3rd eye of Tzeentch too. Sometimes stealing the enemies spells is better than using your own. Lore of Light is Fantastic on Chaos........... seriously. It's Broken.

Exalted Hero
    BSB
    MoT
    Iron Curse Icon
    Enchanted Shield
    Talisman of Endurance
    Like it. I'm starting to bring magic weapons in my lists now. With all these undead units that can only be hurt by magic weapons having one or two kicking around is always a safe bet. Even if they're a cheap 5pt one.

17-18 Warriors
    MoT
    FC
    Shields

17-18 Warriors
    MoN
    FC
    Shields
    Halberds

Khorne is probably better for these guys. MoN doesn't actually do much for you. It's save a few from shooting but in combat it doesn't do anything against most opponents. It screws over WS3 peeps but that's about it really.

17-18 Chosen
    MoT or MoN
    FC
    Halberds
    Favor
    Banner of Rage

Warshrine
    MoT

5 Hounds

5 Hounds

That puts me roughly at 1950 give or take from the Chosen and Warrior units. I was also thinking of taking out the Chosen and Warshrine and adding 5 Knights and a a large block of Marauders Mok with great weapons.

As of right now I own everything but the Warshrine and Chosen. I'm looking for insight on if I should go ahead and invest in them? Any comments are appreciated, thanks in advance.

Both will work well. The Knights gives you a little more speed and the Marauders are no slouches in combat either but I think it's personal style as to what you feel like using. you could try 'proxying' them. It's not to everyone's tastes but it gives you a good idea of how they play and work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the tips and advice on my list Lord. I do agree on the magic weapon, as I have used a Biting Blade on my Exalted Hero in my 1750 list before. In my 1750 list I run the Marauders and Knights, so I have a feel on that play style. I guess I need to proxy the Chosen and Warshrine to see which play style I like better.

I chose MoN on one of the Warrior units because in my area and with my close friends there is a lot of shooting(Dwarves, Empire, etc), so the -1 to BS helps me save a few warriors moving across the board. If I chose to try MoK on that unit, would you suggest shields along with the halberds?

Question, When I run Knights I take a Blasted Standard. If I do run the Chosen, with just 1 Warshrine, you think I need the Blasted Standard on them or even shields?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

How many Knights do you run? If it's only 5 or 6 I'd probably give it to the Chosen as people will fear them more. There is the chance you'll roll up a 4+ Ward and waste the Std but that's not a guarantee so it's really up to you which one you'd like to whack it on. If those Knights are a unit of 10+ Then they are going to be number 1 on the enemies priority list so they'll need the banner more.

MoN is pretty handy Vs shooting but most of the shooting that scares us is Warmachines and they don't roll to hit, or at least most of them don't, so the MoN offers no protection. Things like Organ Guns, Cannons, Stone throwers/Mortars don't use BS to shoot so in that instance MoT wins out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what I was saying confused you. I won't be running the Knights and Chosen together, it'll be either or for me. You still answered my question though, so thanks. You make a really good point about war machines and MoN not affecting them. I think I will try MoK or just go MoT if I don't like MoK on Warriors.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Eltharion213 View Post
    I think what I was saying confused you.
    Honestly, that isn't hard to do.

(Thought I'd say it before someone else did!)

+ Reply to Thread