<3000 Tchar and Shornaal, marauders galore - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tchar and Shornaal, marauders galore

Just because I love the idea of a legion of vikings marching towards the enemy, I thought up this rather fluffy and incredibly symmetrical 2500 point list. Would it be any fun to play, I wonder?

General: Sorcerer Lord. Level 4. MoT. Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield, Ironcurse Icon, Stream of Corruption, Sword of Might, Spell Familiar. 420 points.

General's steadfast bunker of ravenous cunning: 49 Marauders. MoT. Full Command. Shields. 5 wide, 10 deep. 285 points.

BSB: Exalted Hero. MoS. Talisman of Endurance, Enchanted Shield, Soporific Musk, Shrieking Blade. 205 points.

BSB's steadfast bunker of drunken revelry: 49 Marauders. MoS. Full Command. Shields. 5 wide, 10 deep. 275 points.

Wulfrik the Wanderer: 185 points.

Wulfrik's band of teleporting womanizers: 49 Marauders. MoS. Full Command. Great Weapons. 10 wide, 5 deep. 275 points.

Tchar's not so Khorny facebreakers: 50 Marauders. MoT. Full Command. Great Weapons. 10 wide, 5 deep. 290 points.

Those who ride with pointy sticks: 5 Marauder Horsemen. MoT. Musician. Shield, Spear, Throwing Spears. 106 points.

Those who ride with BDSM toys: 5 Marauder Horsemen. MoS. Musician. Light Armour, Flails, Throwing Axes. 106 points.

A shrine for the know-it-alls: Chaos Warshrine, MoT. 150 points.

A shrine for the pick-up artist: Chaos Warsrhine, MoS. 140 points.

Useless chaff #1: 5 Chaos Warhounds. 30 points.

Useless chaff #2: 5 Chaos Warhounds. 30 points.

Grand total: ​2497 points.

Last edited by CaptainSarathai; February 17th, 2012 at 22:33. Reason: moved, and tags added

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Might be a good idea to move this to the army list page.

As for my opinion... you don't want it. I hate marauders. But you'll find plenty of others who share your marauder love.
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

If your goal is theme, I think you've done a decent job. If your goal is to win games... this could use more Khorne, and you really do need Warriors for the matchups that Marauders can't handle.
    "The best defense is a good offense." -Gen. George S. Patton

My philosophy on gaming, courtesy of Herm Edwards.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does not really look scary. At all. But I do like the theme though, even while that bloodhungry growling voice in my head that you do not hear tells me "why not Khorne? Khorne would work better! BLOOOOOODD!".

If I'd try to do something similar - I would take 4x5 dogs (or 2x10, depending on opponent), no shooting on marauder horsemen, and 3-6 Ogres just for fun.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Fluff wise the list is brilliant...I think you lack killing power big time. Without warriors in there you'll run into the odd unit that just messes up your marauders and that could go bad for you, especially without MoK on either unit.

I think lore of death, shadow or heavens would benefit this list more than tzeentch ever could...but that's just my opinion.

Maybe for a bit of extra killy power, you could grab stream of corruption for you BSB instead, maybe drop the enchanted shield he's tough enough and for only 5 points more steam of C. would be more effective IMO as it helps out in challenges as well.

+ Reply to Thread