<1000 Forward my Minions!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Forward my Minions!!!

This is just a bit of a laugh really. I have an idea of a Evil Genius/Villain sending waves upon waves of minions to their Deaths. Sounds a bit Skaven like but hey, Chaos can do it too. Anyway, this list is an 'add on' to my 2k Warriors list. I might use it as a Stand alone list though but the sorcerer would be a bit pointless If I did.

List MKII

Head Minion - 174pts
    Exalted, Tz, BoS, Spell Familiar, Dragon Helm, Halberd. (Shadow)
    I wont make this guy a BSB, as competitive as it would be, as he needs to act as a General in some cases.

Fly my minions, Fly!! -684pts
    60 Marauders, MoK, Std, Musician, Great Weapons [342]
    60 Marauders, MoK, Std, Musician, Great Weapons [342]

Minions Fate -110pts
    2 Spawn

32pts left. Gifts on the Head Minion??? SoC is always fun. Conjoined can be useful too.

Just for your Info it's going with this list. This list wont be changing though............. Maybe.

Sorcerer Lord + Gear
    17 Chosen +Gear

2x 18 Warriors +Gear

2x 5 Forsaken
    4x Spawn
    Scylla.

Last edited by Lord Borak; February 25th, 2012 at 04:19.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Hate to do this to you, and it may not matter... but you're 5 points over 1k :-P

If you wanna paint that many models then go for it I say, maybe make them blood drenched or slightly insane looking to add some variety? Could even add in odd things from other races in places, like a random skaven or mutated lizardman etc. just to break it up a bit. I've seen a khorne army with crazy looking saurus as marauders and the marauder horsemen as saurus on cold ones and it was pretty awesome.

Or you know, paint 160 of the same model :-P
    'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

IF you're adding it to a 2k list that already has a sorcerer lord, then why the duplicate sorcerer? Drop the sorc and add some puppies maybe?

I guess they wouldn't have the 'head minion' that way though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Watch out for gyrocopters or other fast units with breath weapons/shooting. They'll whittle you down. I'd suggest bumping two hordes up to 60 and using the remaining points to protect your flanks, maybe some spawn or warshrine.

2 hordes of 70 in horde formation is 760.

If you're trying to get competitive I'd get rid of the sorc, LD8 is NOT that great, bsb with bos, for 160, leaving you 80pts for... 1 spawn?

Or if you're not that concerned you could use the 155pts for 3 spawns? (forgot the point cost). Or Maybe a warshrine and some dogs.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by waddywoos View Post
    Hate to do this to you, and it may not matter... but you're 5 points over 1k :-P

If you wanna paint that many models then go for it I say, maybe make them blood drenched or slightly insane looking to add some variety? Could even add in odd things from other races in places, like a random skaven or mutated lizardman etc. just to break it up a bit. I've seen a khorne army with crazy looking saurus as marauders and the marauder horsemen as saurus on cold ones and it was pretty awesome.
    LOL, yeah my 2k list is 5pts short so I can afford to be a wee bit over. If I ever choose to take this list on it's own I'll leave a Marauder in the case! Something cool to break up the mass of flesh would be cool. I'd like to do them all as mutants or random cultists. So I was thinking of a mix of Ungor and Flagellant bits

Quote Originally Posted by AshBorn View Post
    IF you're adding it to a 2k list that already has a sorcerer lord, then why the duplicate sorcerer? Drop the sorc and add some puppies maybe?

I guess they wouldn't have the 'head minion' that way though.
    He was just because, if I wanted to take this as a separate army, I could. If I did I'd rather have a sorcerer than an Exalted leading the army although I could do a BoS Exalted as some form of Tzeentch Wargor type thing. Exploding minions are always funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Korpacz1 View Post
    Watch out for gyrocopters or other fast units with breath weapons/shooting. They'll whittle you down. I'd suggest bumping two hordes up to 60 and using the remaining points to protect your flanks, maybe some spawn or warshrine.

2 hordes of 70 in horde formation is 760.

If you're trying to get competitive I'd get rid of the sorc, LD8 is NOT that great, bsb with bos, for 160, leaving you 80pts for... 1 spawn?

Or if you're not that concerned you could use the 155pts for 3 spawns? (forgot the point cost). Or Maybe a warshrine and some dogs.
    I haven't face a Gyro since 5th Edition lol but you're right about breath weapons hurting. It'll hurt any T3 low save armies though so there's no real protection against that other than magic. More Spawn would be sweet and I can add in 2 more (Which I do have). I can only add in 2 more though, otherwise I'll be over the limit at 3k.

Ok, New list in the first post.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; February 25th, 2012 at 04:21.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x1)

lol would love see your opponent face as you put down two units of 60 in 1000pt game.

5 warhounds? it would leave you with 2 points left over

+ Reply to Thread