<2000 First post and 1250 campaign army :) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First post and 1250 campaign army :)

Hey there guys, been following you guys in here for a while now and I hope to get involved more often. Ive been collecting on and off for 14 years and been playing WoC for half that. Finally been getting around to painting all of my models from my teens after having my first kid and I'm determined that he will have a nice big army to play with when he's older.

Currently playing around in a little progressive campaign and this week, points value is 1250. Let me know what you think.

Rolo

----

1250 pts hard

Level 2 Sorcerer 205
    MoT//3rd eye//infernal puppet//enchanted shield

18 Warriors 355
    MoT//banner of rage//std. Bearer//shields

5 marauder horsemen 90
    MoK//flails//light armour*

5 knights 310
    MoT//command//blasted standard

18 marauders 140
    MoK//command//Flails

Chaos warshrine 150
    MoT

Cheers guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Comments in blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelastrolo View Post
    Hey there guys, been following you guys in here for a while now

STALKER!!!

........... and I hope to get involved more often. Ive been collecting on and off for 14 years and been playing WoC for half that. Finally been getting around to painting all of my models from my teens after having my first kid and I'm determined that he will have a nice big army to play with when he's older.

Currently playing around in a little progressive campaign and this week, points value is 1250. Let me know what you think.

Welcome to the Forum and welcome back to the realm of men playing with toy soldiers.

Rolo

----

1250 pts hard

Level 2 Sorcerer 205
    Looking good. Most people find the Charmed shield better for the points as that 2+ Ignore the first hit can be bloody handy. Especially as it will protect you from a miscast! Otherwise this chap is solid. A cheap 5pt magic weapon is always a goo buy encase you fight Ethereal nasties.

18 Warriors 355
    Frenzied troops can't gain a parry save so I'd either drop the banner of rage for another magic banner or give these guys halberds.

5 marauder horsemen 90

I'd swap the MoK for MoS. A lot of people like the additional attacks but i'd rather be able to control the units I end after enemy artillery. The armour is a bit pointless too so you may as well drop that.

5 knights 310
    Champions are never worth it on Knights. It''s just too expensive for +1 Attack. I'd probably ditch the Std too as paying 65pts for a 4+ Ward from shooting is a tad excessive for 5 models. Use those points to buy more models. Units of 6 with the MoK can do wonders.

18 marauders 140
    MoK//command//Flails
    Again, ditch the champion.

Chaos warshrine 150
    MoT
    Without Favour of the gods this guy is a little too random to be worth it. Get Favour on your sorcerer to get the most out of your shrine.

Cheers guys

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Thelastrolo View Post
    Hey there guys, been following you guys in here for a while now and I hope to get involved more often. Ive been collecting on and off for 14 years and been playing WoC for half that. Finally been getting around to painting all of my models from my teens after having my first kid and I'm determined that he will have a nice big army to play with when he's older.

Rolo

----

Welcome!

1250 pts hard

Level 2 Sorcerer 205
    Charmed shield is about the same as enchanted in my book. 2+ armor on a wizzy is great. But If you go to the charmed shield, picking up the favor of the gods is then possible. But overall I like the guy.

18 Warriors 355
    If you want raged warriors, then mark the with nurgle, they go together nicely. If you want warriors that never die and are extremely reliable, stay with tzeentch but give them the Rapturous Standard(best magic banner for its cost in the game?)

5 marauder horsemen 90
    Mok + flails + LA = 110 points I know that because I used to use the Cruise Missile ALOT in 7th edition. Otherwise its a solid pick here. The 5+ armor helps a lot since these guys are usually shot with bows and fight str3 guys often.

5 knights 310
    Drop the champion, leave the rest. 1+/4+ save in the shooting phase is very nice indeed. I run this combo all the time even 2500 point games and they are hard to kill, I can't imagine how hard it'll be at this point level. This unit should dominate a lot of games.

18 marauders 140
    MoK//command//Flails

Chaos warshrine 150
    MoT
    The thing has toughness six, 4+ armor and 4+ ward. Is it worth all those points to add 1 slight defense increase when its defense is already ridiculous. Save the points.

Cheers guys
    Comments in red. I agree mostly with borak, our differences really come down to play style. Like khorne horse are great, and theye fast cav, so just end your turn faces away from your enemy if you don't want to charge next turn. 10 str5 attacks at ws4 int4 hurts most things, so your opponent can't ignore them, which messes with his movememt phase.

Knowing where you want to go with this army, I'd personally start with something like this. Uses same models except it adds a BSB. Don't get me wrong, I like your army a lot. But I was bored:

Chaos Sorcerer @ 165.0 Pts
    No Mark; General; Lore of Fire; Magic Level 2; Chaos Armour
    Charmed Shield
    Infernal Puppet
    Favour of the Gods

Exalted Hero @ 140.0 Pts
    No Mark; Shield; Battle Standard

18 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch @ 346.0 Pts
    Mark of Tzeentch; Shield; Standard; Musician
    Rapturous Standard

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 85.0 Pts
    Mark of Slaanesh; Flail

5 Chaos Knights of Tzeentch @ 250.0 Pts
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Standard; Musician

Chaos Warshrine

18 Chaos Marauders of Khorne @ 132.0 Pts
    Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; Flail; Standard; Musician

----------
    Or you could drop 1 warrior and tzeentch from your knights and add a unit of puppies.
    Last edited by Pinkus; March 4th, 2012 at 11:18.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x1)

on pinkus list

you could drop BSB and use the points on the khorne marauders boost them up unit of 40 and then you could give them greatweapons!

if your worried about leadership put your sorcerer in unit of warriors and give them standard of discipline. which also work great if you have the warshine buffing the unit since your sorcerer has Favor of the gods.

if you have an extra 30 points gets some hounds they are great because give extra drop before putting down your big units, they are cheap, use them to screen your troop from missle fire and they are cheap.

best of luck in your campaign.

+ Reply to Thread