<2000 2000pts WoC vs VC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts WoC vs VC

I am playing my first match this coming weekend vs a friend of mine who plays vamp counts. I have been into warhammer for prob a year now but didnt have the money for an army. I have pretty much done nothing but theory craft and lurk since so am finally glad to play a match. Only so much you can do with no actual experience.

Total Points is 1995. The downside I see to this list is the lack of of numbers. I decided not to bring any marauders in favor of having more warriors and knights.

Lvl 4 Sorc, MoT, Stream of Corruption, Infernal Puppet, Enchanted Shield, Tali of Preservation - 395 Pts

Exalted Hero, BSB, Steed, Shield, Halberd, Third Eye of Tzeentch, BoS, Dispell Scroll - 230 Pts

Festus - 185 Pts

20 Warriors(7x3) - 395 Pts
    MoK
    Halberd
    Full Command
    Banner of Swiftness

20 Warriors(7x3) - 380
    MoN
    Halberd
    Full Command

5 Hounds - 30 Pts

5 Hounds - 30 Pts

6 Knights - 350 Pts
    MoT
    Full Command
    Blasted Standard

I figured the Nurgle, AHW warriors will work as a buzz saw to work through his zombies/skelies. I have a feeling that the lack of ranks might really hurt here.

The knights are running the blasted standard and tzeentch because he just bought the terrorgheist and has been using it constantly.

Any feedback would be amazing.

Last edited by Hyperfreak; March 9th, 2012 at 22:48.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

I like everything but the Nurgle warriors. They are too light on numbers, AHW < halberds, and festering shroud is a point sink. Hop your lord off his steed and into these guys, drop their magic banner, and drop a knight to fill these guys out. Then give them halberds (halberds affects your second rank of attacks, AHW doesn't).

Most people run shields to guard from shooting, but you shouldn't need to, Nurgle is good for one unit, and the khornies can bring Festus along for his regen.

Solid otherwise.
    Last edited by BrockSamson; March 8th, 2012 at 21:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated the list. Thanks for the advice.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I can tell you right now from personal experience you will need flaming attacks other than flickering fire to help deal with regeneration, and incase he's running knights, they'll help there too because they cause fear in cavalry, otherwise everything look's pretty solid.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

I've had very good luck against skeletons with MoK knights - for weak units to hit WS5, wound T4, and then get through a 2+ armor save is ridiculously hard to do.

Your list looks a little character heavy at 2k and 3 casters is definitely overkill remember you only get 2D6+1 for to share between the three.

What purpose does Festus server - you certainly don't need a 3rd caster and the 5+ regen buff he provides is nice, but not worth the points he costs. I'd get rid of him and go for 2 units of MoK knights instead of 1 unit of 6. 2 x 5 MoK knights pump out 30 attacks and they create an additional threat. It's much harder to stop 2x5 than 1x6 even with MoT & Blasted Std.

my 2 cents

+ Reply to Thread