Not to sure about this list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to sure about this list

OK i have a tourney coming up and I was just going in with a fun list but i still want it to be functional so suggestions would be nice

sorcer lord lvl 4 tzeentch
    infernal puppet
    tali of endurance
    third eye of tzeentch

Festus

21 khorne warriors with razor baner 7X3
    21 nurgle halberd/shield banner of rage
    21 tzeentch warriors hand/shield standard

5 maur horse with flail and shield

warshrine tzeentch

I played this list against a 2000 point lizard with the exception of the banners and the horsemen I had wulfrik and a horde of mauraders but they did nothing so i thought i would shave them off. I creamed the lizard player and i didn't even have a dispel scroll which i was worried about not taking but the gamble paid off.

Last edited by Strassa; March 22nd, 2012 at 22:00.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Hi Strassa - you're newer here, so you may not have known, but this should go in the Armylist section of our forum. I'll go ahead and move it there for you.

Aside from that, most of the guys on the forums are going to give you advice assuming that you are attempting to make the most competitive army possible, so asking them to create just a "functional" list is sort of moot. For example, your list right now is not bad, there's nothing wrong with it, but it could be better if you really wanted it to be.

For starters, MoN is usually nowhere near as good as MoT - When it comes to Warriors, MoN will save 10% more wounds than Tzeentch, but only when it works. For your Warriors that means WS3 and WS6, and any BS-based shooting. Otherwise it does nothing at all for you. MoT will work against everything, including things like Impact Hits and Cannonballs that hit automatically, Spells that don't need to roll to hit, and any close combat attack. Save yourself 10pts and drop MoN for MoT, keep the Banner of Rage.

Also, where is your Sorc Lord going? He should be in a unit, and for that, you should drop a model from that unit. It will save you some points.

You don't have a BSB, which is practically a requirement in 8th edition. Rather than Festus (although he's good) you could take an Exalted BSB with the Mark of Tzeentch, Book of Secrets, a Dispel Scroll if you're worried, and the 3rd Eye. This gives you a character with +2 to cast, who can steal your opponent's spells without having to give up the spells that your L4 knows. He can also pick up a low-cost utility spell, like Lore of Fire or Death with the Book (can't take Tzeentch with the book, though you still get the +1 casting).

Your Sorc Lord isn't bad, although you may want to reconsider MoT - the Lore isn't as good as it could be. If you really like it, that's fine, but Shadows is the Lore of Choice for WoC, especially with an all-plate army like the one that you have. For the points you save on the Mark, you could bump up to the Talisman of Preservation and have the same Wardsave.

Tzeentch Warriors are your anvils, you should go for ranks in this regiment - 20 strong would be fine, giving you 4 ranks of 5 men, plenty enough to stay Steadfast if you need them to. If you're looking for kills, forget about Tzeentch Shields and give them Halberds and Khorne. If you want something that can survive a few rounds of hard combat and still deal tons of damage, 50 Marauders with GreatWeapons would work just fine instead of these Warriors.

5 Marauder Horse - save yourself a few points and run without the Shields, a 5+ save hardly helps you anyways, especially when you only have 5 guys in the unit. What are these guys doing for you that Hounds can't do more cheaply? You can pick up 15 Hounds for the price of this unit.

Warshrine - not a bad choice, but in a smaller game and without a Favor of the Gods in your units or Chosen to suck up the Gifts, I'd try to get another 45(iirc) points and bump this up to a Hellcannon. Warshrines are only good for the gifts, they don't do much in combat. The Cannon on the other hand, can hold up an entire flank of your army on it's own if need be.

Like I said, you can take this advice or leave it, but it's the sort of advice that you'll likely get from us. The list is playable, friendly and still good, but it's nothing that I would personally take to a tournament - you can't expect anyone else to pull their punches when they're playing for pride-of-place and possibly prizes. You're going to be up against very competitive, unfriendly lists (although I should expect the gamers to be friendly at least), why should you handicap yourself by fielding a sub-optimal list?
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its good advice and I have been looking for that dang armylist section forever then i gave up. as the BSB goes i think it is important in any army but chaos I used to take therm in chaos but i was like hey i rarely loose combat and I reroll panics anyhow because of will but with your lord suggestion I appriciate that very much thank you sooo much

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What does that khorne unit have equipment-wide? They should probably have either halberds or AHW if they are with festus. I'd also suggest swapping nurgle for khorne, as sarathai suggested. I do agree, though, that warshrines can be very effective even without a chosen unit to buff. I've had one take a charge by a HE star dragon as well as 3 TK chariots (a team game) and end up tying combat, holding both units in place long enough for both to be countercharged. They are just ridiculously resilient - the EotG rolls are just icing on the cake
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

+ Reply to Thread