>3000 2400 pts list for tournies. Do you like it?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2400 pts list for tournies. Do you like it??

Hi,

This is my tourney list for chaos:

Lords:
    -1 Sorcerer Lord + lvl 4 wizard + dispel scroll + conjoined homunculus + charmed shield = 320 Pts.

My general. Uses shadow magic and joins the marauder unit.

Heroes:
    -1 Exalted Hero + talisman of preservation + battle standard bearer + halberd + mark of tzeentch = 194 Pts.

He joins the warrior unit.

Core:
    -17 Chaos Warriors + shield + halberd + full command + banner of rage = 354 Pts.
    -24 Marauders + shield + mark of tzeentch + musician + champion = 152 Pts.
    -5 Marauder Horsemen = XXX Pts.
    -5 Marauder Horsemen = XXX Pts.
    -5 Warhounds = XXX Pts.

The core. I love the warriors. They kick ass. Great defence / offence.
    I use the marauders as a guard unit for my wizard. The enemy needs to break through my combat units before the can reach them (save for flyers and scouts).

Horsemen and hound speak for themselves.

Special:
    -6 Chaos Knights + musician + mark of korne = 280 Pts.
    -18 Chosen + shield + halberd + full command + mark of korne + favour of the gods + wailing banner = 495 Pts.
    -1 Chaos Chariot = XXX Pts.
    -1 Chaos Chariot = XXX Pts.

I love chosen (I wonder how the would be when the new book will be out). With a 50% chance of getting the 4+ ward save, they can withstand every eney unit in front of them. This unit has never died in a battle so far.
    The chariots are a nice touch. Can charge small units or a bigger one when combined together.

Rare:
    -1 Hellcannon = XXX Pts.

Great for killing / holding up infrantry units.

Total 2.400 Pts.

Please let me know what you think of the units and all.

I also wanted to try something new:

Instead of:
    -18 chosen.
    -5 horsmen

I will field:

- 1 Festus, the leechlord.
    - 17 warriors with shields, halberds, champion, musician and the mark of korne.
    - 5 warhounds

Would you consider this better then the original??

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

I run a similar list. I always like to take steam of corruption on my exalted. Last game I popped him out of the unit and hit 22 white lions with the breath template causing 14 wounds - it won me the game. For the points I'd strongly consider adding it. It can also help in a challenge if your BSB faces something tough.

I prefer to run a horde of marauders with khorne/gw. A bunker seems like a waste since Warriors of Chaos is such a point-starved army, besides your caster is pretty good in combat too. As long as the BSB is taking challenges you shouldn't be too concerned, your sorcerer should hold his own against most troops, even elites with ws5, t4 w3 and 3+ armor. If you're using shadows you can always move him around with the lore attribute too.

Have you used marauder horsemen to great effect? Do you use them differently than dogs? Maybe you're better off getting 2-4 more units of dogs instead of the marauder horseman and using the extra points to buff up the marauder bunker into a horde.

I would personally prefer to use festus + MoN warriors with banner of rage since it adds another caster with good spells and some nice guaranteed unit buffs. I'm just not a big fan of banking on a deathstar type unit.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Bretonnia View Post

Instead of:
    -18 chosen.
    -5 horsmen

I will field:

- 1 Festus, the leechlord.
    - 17 warriors with shields, halberds, champion, musician and the mark of korne.
    - 5 warhounds

Would you consider this better then the original??

Thanks in advance.
    Absolutely, that unit is one of the best possible combo's we have - it really is evil. Don't forget to re-read Festus' special rules though.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeaah, I do like the steam of corruption. But just couldn't find the points.
    Hmmm. Never tried marauders like that... With korne and all that. How big of a unit should I field? around 40?

No the horsemen I needed to forefill the core points. But with Festus and his warriors I don't need to do that. Perhaps Change the marauders into korne great weapons. And increase there numbers?

Yeaah Festus and warriors is a great combo. Warriors with a 5+ regeneration save. (+ poisend attacks). But this combo is just as expensive as my chosen unit. And if chosen roll a 4+ ward save... they are far superior. I think I will try Festus soon to see if it works for me.

Some good things have been said though.... Hope to find enough points to change it. Should I field my wizard with the kornate marauders of the warriors?

Thanks for the tips.

Gr

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

ya, but with festus you get a second caster with arguably the two best spells in the lore auto-built in. I find a second caster extremely useful because I don't feel I need to throw a billion dice at every spell for fear of not hitting the casting value. Nothing worse than having 12 dice, 1 caster and failing to cast your first spell.

The marauders I try to get as close to 50 as possible. I run them horde or 10 deep (to negate steadfast) depending on the opponent. I usually take out a couple here and there when I need a point or two to end up with 45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, today I fought against daemons of chaos (2400 pts). I used the list with Festus and the warriors instead of chosen (to follow your advice)

You're right about a second caster. That's nice. To just roll 1 dice for a spell is really good. I used the lore of shadow with nurgle. Good combo. But I did feel like I missed some magic firepower (like tzeentch magic). But hey, These 2 lores do have great combo spells. Only downside is that both spells need to get past the magic defence.

My opponent had a unit of 23 bloodletters with a herald of korne (also a bsb). He charged my warriors with Festus in the front (wich he supposed to do). But I lost the combat due to a little bad luck. I didn't break but lost my frenzy. Those bloodletters with a herald were better then a thought they would be. I had to roll for 6/7 regeneration saves..... but didn't make even one of them (damn the god of dice). This unit did win the combad with the bloodletters, but fleed from a flank charge. Didn't make the LD9 rally test and fled off board.
    So I'm not entirely sure about this unit instead of my favoured chosen. Will try them again next time though.

I also want to try 50 kornate marauders with GW. But I do want a safe place for my lord wizard to hide..... A lord wizard in combat is risky don't you agree???

Well thanks again for replying.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

Sorry to hear you had some bad luck. Not much you can do there regardless of the army.

Maybe you'll like the Chosen better - WS6 would let you hit WS5 on 3s instead 4s like with normal warriors. Just remember you're not guaranteed to get 4++ stubborn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeeah, bad luck sucks ... But nothing we can do about it.

Today I had another battle against daemons with the same list (Festus + warriors instead of chosen). The daemon player however.... had a bad ass list. With the keeper of secrets and spirit swalower (the *** thing just didn't die). He also ran 2 blocks of 23 bloodletters with heralds of korne. 2 units of 5/6 flamers. Some furies. 2 units of 10 horrors and a lvl 2 wizard with the lore of life (he knew all the spells).

Well ... long story short, I got owned. Festus and the warriors did a lot better then last time (the 5+ regen saved a lot of them). But the greater daemon was to powerfull ......... Everything he touched just died. My warriors did 3 wounds to him. Then his thunder stomp came down upon me. Killed 3/4 warriors and healed himself with 3/4 wounds. So I could start all over. Don't know how to kill him.

I also underestemated the flamers.

Well .. back om topic: I like the list with Festus like you guys said. The extra wizard is great. The army can get a lot of blows.... and still be able to kick ass.
    But some daemon lists are so nasty I just don't know what to do about it.

+ Reply to Thread