>3000 5000 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5000 point list

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

5000 point list

Ive been writing this list for about a week now and was looking for a little input,

30 chosen, full command, shields, halberds, tzeentch, wailing banner, favour of the gods. 725 pts

10 chaos knights, full command, nurgle, blasted standard. 520

Archaon 685

4 exalted heroes on chariots c. 1250

Sorcerer lord lvl 4, heavens, father of blades, armour of damnation, the other tricksters shard, word of agony. 410pts

Warshrine, tzeentch 150

21 warriors, full command, shields, tzeentch, banner of rage 421

21 warriors, full command, shields, tzeentch, razor standard 431

21 warriors, full command, shields, tzeentch, rapturous standard 406

Archaon goes in the knights to barrel forward into whichever unit is on the flank in an attempt to demolish it and break through the enemy lines. I'll probably take the tzeentch signature spell with him so he can shoot any small skirmishing or flanking units that get in the way.

The exalteds are deployed at least in pairs to aim for dual charges on whichever units I feel appropriate, one of them will be tricked out to try and deal with monsters and the occasional challenge. Mostly they will be for cause lots of damage on the charge. I'm not too fussed if they don't survive long as long as they cause carnage amongst whatever they hit. (see below for a couple of possible builds)

The warriors fulfil minimum core so there is very little that I'll be able to change about them. They are the second line to hit in after the chariots and archaons unit. The idea here is to whittle the enemies units down to a manageable size for them, they'll be deployed 7 wide 3 deep.

The chosen horde is going for the 12 and will be followed by the warshrine to possibly add another buff. They will be in horde. The idea of this unit is to distract the enemy they have to deal with them as if ilthey don't they will chew through almost anything. This will hold off a chunk of the opposing army until the rest of my army can come to its rescue.

Exalted champion, tzeentch, chariot of tzeentch, talisman of protection, charmed shield, whip of subversion, potion of speed, blood curdling roar

Exalted champion, khorne, khorne chariot, fencers blades, enchanted shield. 305

The top of these two characters is a challenge annoyer, if I take him he will aim to hit a slowish combat character (or be using potion of speed) and making them hit their own unit while slowly killing him. The talisman is to give him an ok ward and the shield is to stop him getting killed before he gets to the enemy. the roar is there to hit redirectors and skirmisher types on the way in.

The second is to take on pretty much what I like with a decent chance of success. These units are all about the charge needing to get the impact hits to a decent level (hence the idea of running them in pairs to get an average 9 impact hits).

Anyway suggestions about the list and different exalted on chariot builds would be much appreciated.

A

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

Correct me if I'm wrong but won't your chariots end up behind your warriors since they can't march? It's not like your chariots are going to be blazing out in front as if they were Marauder Horsemen, right? Maybe I'm wrong, I don't use chariots with WoC.

And that's so many points in characters ... are you dead set on it? I admit it would give me pause to see so many exalteds lining up against me but in the end I'd not be too concerned with them. I really hate the idea of giving you the standard "How about dropping at least one exalted and adding a Marauder block" answer but ... you know ... how about that?

I like the idea about the two death stars though, I mean your opponent is going to be forced to choose.
    I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

The chariot idea works as they move up in sinc with the warriors yet can charge further. That means the turn they charge I can move my warriors into position to protect the chariots and ready for support charges. I was tempted by marauders but I don't have enough to field a 50 man block ATM. Knowing my opponents unless I took three 50 man blocks they wouldn't last for long anyway (saurus hordes, daemonettes with herald etc).

I don't normally throw this many points into characters, I was considering throwing all of the chariots in to special and running a standard hero load out but this game is more so I can try stuff out but with a competitive edge. When I gety hands on a bunch of marauders I'm going to run a marauder and chariot list though.

The exalteds may end up cheaper as I havn't sorted them completely thats just points set aside so I can definitely take 4 of them.

Thanks for the input. Any ideas on exalted load outs I can try?

A

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

@Commisarlestat

Chariot - exalted - shield, MoT, and dawnstone, heck maybe even give him the dragonhelm. - 269pts (If my math is correct). Gives you a nice re-roll on the AS which 2+.

Chariot - exalted - MoT, armour of fortune, halbard - 274. You have your 3+ armor save because he's in a chariot and you get a 4+ward save with S5. You'd have to check my math I suppose.
    I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

+ Reply to Thread