Librarium Online Forums banner

Glorious Return!

<3000 
2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Pinkus 
#1 · (Edited)
How's it going mates? After a brief stint in wanting to try out Vampires, the End Times dragged everyone and their mom to the dust-to-be crowd. Thus the call of the dark gods grows strong again. 2500 point, DP-less list for hopefully the next Crossroads GT.

Lord

Sorcerer Lord - Level 4, LoT, TaliPres, Sword of Striking, Ironcurse Icon, Dispel Scroll, Unholy Strike, Mark of Tzeentch and a Barded Steed.

Heroes

Exalted Hero - Shield, Halberd, Burning Body, MoT, Disc, Armor of Destiny.

Exalted Hero - BSB, Scaled Skin, Dragonhelm, Dawnstone, MoK, Halberd.

Core

Warhounds - 3 units of 5

Chaos Chariots - 2 MoK.

Chaos Warriors - 17 strong, MoK, Halberds, Full Command, Banner of Swiftness.

Special

Chaos Knights - 7 strong, Full Command, Standard of Discipline, EW, MoT

Rare

Skullcrushers - One unit of 4, one unit of 3, both with musician.

SC's + Knights provide the real wallop, the Exalted on disc hunts war machines and the chariots + warriors anchor the line. Ideas? Thoughts? Any and all feedback welcome!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome back to Chaos mate. Your list looks fine to me. It's a pretty much classic Chaos force I feel. A few suggestions though...

1] Why haven't you given the Sorcerer or the Disc Exalted the Third eye of Tzeentch?

2] See about getting Burning Body on your Disc Exalted. You want something to strip Regen of any big monsters or units and this guy is mobile enough to be anywhere you need him to be.

#3 ·
1) Crossroads comp, no Third Eye on anything with a 3++. Same reason I'm running without a DP or Chimera.

2) Swapped the standard on the SC unit for that and the halb for a GW. Good catch. Missing a good source of S6+ outside of the BSB and Unholy strike.

I was considering swapping the lord onto a disc with a more spell focused build and the knights out for the same points in trolls. Thoughts?

#4 ·
Are you using LoT or metal? I would go metal myself, +2 armour on the MoK halberds would be good, as is the +1 to hit and armour piercing. Searing doom also counters other heavy knights/monstrous cav nicely.

#5 ·
I'm not sure just yet. I think I'll likely start with Tzeentch as Gate, Treason and Glean are all *awesome* spells. That said, Final Trans and the various utility spells of Metal are quite awesome as well and there's always searing doom to lean on. The upside to Tzeentch is it gives me some reach against something like Wood Elves.

#6 ·
Every time I break down and turn my lv2 metal into lv4 I regret it.

My BIGGEST concern and it just screams at me that its a bad idea, is bunkering a lv4 in chaos knights. You will kill your own units atleast once if not more in a 5 game tournament and that's hard to come back from.

My personal opinion is to leave the trolls at home. That one turn you can't afford them to go stupid is the one turn they do.

Also burning body is much better on a halberd. Letting your flame attacks go before knights/warriors is the whole point of having it.

#7 ·
Every time I break down and turn my lv2 metal into lv4 I regret it.
My BIGGEST concern and it just screams at me that its a bad idea, is bunkering a lv4 in chaos knights. You will kill your own units atleast once if not more in a 5 game tournament and that's hard to come back from.
My personal opinion is to leave the trolls at home. That one turn you can't afford them to go stupid is the one turn they do.
Also burning body is much better on a halberd. Letting your flame attacks go before knights/warriors is the whole point of having it.
I've literally no experience with metal nor Tzeentch so I really don't know either way.

Yeah the miscast potential does worry me, especially if I go metal and chuck dice at Final Trans, but he does add a nice element of ouch with Unholy strike and provides a solid LD9 bubble.

I'm known for miserable luck: lost my DP with DBG twice to Irondrake shooting now, so yeah that doesn't sound particularly attractive lol. What to fill the special points with though?

Noted and swapping that back.

#8 ·
Lord

Sorcerer Lord - Level 4, LoT, TaliPres, E. Shield, Chaos Fam, Disc.

Heroes

Exalted Hero - GW, Scaled Skin, MoT, Barded Daemonic Steed, Armor of Destiny, BSB.

Core

Warhounds - 3 units of 5

Chaos Chariots - 2 MoS.

Chaos Warriors - 18 strong, MoK, Halberds, Shields, Full Command minus Champ., Banner of Swiftness.

Special

Dragon Ogres - 2 units of 4, all with Halberds.

Rare

Skullcrushers - One unit of 4, one unit of 3, both with musician and the unit of 4 with standard.

Potential second list? Maybe?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.