Rate me Khorne army plz ppl! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

Rate me Khorne army plz ppl!

I have a Lord- MoK, Slaughterer's Bl, Gaze n HoMEyes runnin with
    19x Chosen Khorne Warriors w/ Sh, Comm n B o Rage (lot of eggs in 1 basket i know)
    15x Khorne Warriors w/ Sh, Halberds n Comm

2x Beast Herds w/ 13xGor 5xUngor ea, and Ad Hw n Comm
    10x Chosen Khorne Knights w/ Comm n War Banner
    Bigass unit of Marauders w/ LA n SH, Comm

=2250 (me area's Tourney size)
    Yeah it's small, yeah i only have 6x Dispel (less towards the end...) but if i hit i freakin hit hard! what would ppl do to smash me? if i don't have the knight unit i av a chariot n exalted daemon prince or aspiring chariot n some other tasty stuff. i used this today, it isn't my normal list but was happy with it against the Black Orc (grimgor horde) list i played against so whatcha think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

why would you put 10 khorne knights, 5-7 is all it takes really, 3 extra is very overkilling it, this would get you some points to invest in some hounds, the'll screen well untill you get across, otherwise you'll get eaten by missile fire.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Senior Member taint_of_the_dark_ones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by jONESIE
    19x Chosen Khorne Warriors w/ Sh, Comm n B o Rage (lot of eggs in 1 basket i know)

=2250 (me area's Tourney size)
    Yeah it's small, yeah i only have 6x Dispel (less towards the end...) but if i hit i freakin hit hard! what would ppl do to smash me? if i don't have the knight unit i av a chariot n exalted daemon prince or aspiring chariot n some other tasty stuff. i used this today, it isn't my normal list but was happy with it against the Black Orc (grimgor horde) list i played against so whatcha think?
    Well, the reason I don't respond to an army list like this is simple realy, you've invested that many points in those 10chosen khorne knights, the rest of the list becomes very predictable. Any reasonably skilled opponent will either shoot this list to bits, draw away the knights from the action, wipe out the rest of your units (which are almost nonexistant) before combining charges against the knights in the front and rear, wiping them out. You're realy putting your entire faith into one unit, and a massive chunk of your points as well. Chosen Khorne Knights have a lot of advantages once they reach combat, but a good opponent will distract them for the entire game minimising their effectiveness.

Bigass unit of Marauders
    Could you please be more specific, as this doesn't explain much.

Like I already said, and as Wolf_Pack mentioned, reduce the knights to 5/6 models, so you can include some more units to patrol the flanks of your army, such as marauder horsemen, warhounds etc. You might also want to try some more infantry blocks to make a more steady battle line, as your current one moves at differant speeds and can be broken reasonably easily, by having acess to flank charges etc.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try some choas hounds, more maraders, and marader horsemen. Drop the knight unit to 5 and make them chosen (instead of the warriors, the lord is with them so why bother?)

Marader horsemen are excellent flankers in a khorne army as they are fast and are not affected by frenzy. Maraders are dirt cheap and com with a look of options. And hounds are cheaper then maraders and make good screans.

Since the hounds will provide good screans drop the beast herd and add more warriors/maraders (differnt units please).

That'll be a good start.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x4)

Okay, this list is only partly bad. It's partly good because you have six large, solid combat units. It's bad because some of those units cost way too much.
    Having only one character is okay, but the fact that he's Stupid may throw a spanner in the works when you least expect it. I know his leadership is excellent, but if he does fail it, he'll not only be holding himself up, but he'll also be forcing his bodyguard of 19 Chosen Khorne warriors, the cream of your infantry, to shuffle a mere 2" as well. That's a lot of points to have sitting in the middle of the battlefield doing bugger all (and probably being shot at).
    I feel like a broken record when I keep asking 'why does the Lord need a great weapon in the first place?' He's already incredibly strong, why get greedy?! And the Gaze of the Gods as well? Imagine the mirth on your opponent's face when your lord fluffs his stupidity test, screws up in close combat, flees and gets turned into a spawn. Not likely to happen, I admit, but the possibility is always there for fate to spit in your eye...
    'A lot of eggs in one basket'. No sh*t sherlock! By my maths that unit weighs in at 524 points! :eek: Just a few eggs in that basket then...
    The other unit isn't too bad, although I'm not quite sure what you want the halberds for. :huh:
    I'm assuming 'Ad Hw n Comm' means Additional hand weapon and Full Command. Honestly, is it so difficult to actually write out what you mean? :glare: Instead of actually giving input, I spend half my time here trying to decipher lazily written posts...
    Anyway, the beast herds look fine, lets move on.
    So how big is Bigass? 20? 30? 40? I quite like units of 25-30 myself, allows for some casualties while still providing full rank bonus and still being reasonably priced (points-wise of course).
    The others have already commented on the Knights, I'd only say the same things.
    i av a chariot n exalted daemon prince or aspiring chariot n some other tasty stuff
    Have you now? Then you're lucky, because there's no such thing as an 'Exalted Daemon Prince' (at least you spelt daemon correctly, most people can't even get that right...), or an 'Aspiring Chariot.

In all honestly, the list isn't that bad, for a Khorne army anyway, I'm more concerned with your sloppily written post than anything else. In conclusion, keep your units a little less hefty and have more of them.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the lord, y do you nead the helm? Khorne lords kick enough ass already ^_^
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x3)

i didn't realize ppl had trouble reading this stuff so i will be more complete now! oakidoke, i agree wit u all, dropt to 5 knights n added ex champ with BC steed n Berserker sword instead. replaced lord to one with Runeaxe n Gaze, shield n chariot. still small but i'll show u how its fairing now...

Lord- Mark o'Khorne, Shield, Runeaxe n Gaze in Chariot wit Mark o'Khorne. usually he starts on a flank (i lover using refused flank tactics), hits with support and simply turn to smash down the battline. obviously with WS9, S6, A7 n chariot he goes unit (flank) hunting. 353+150

Exhalted Champ- Mark o'Khorne, Barded Steed, Shield n Berserker Sword. That'll deal wit stuff even if charged (especially giants n chariots, multiwounded cr#p i h8...) 193.He'll go wit

5x Knights- Mark o'Khorne, Chosen, Command n War Banner (for sum extra beatdown to playdown bad rolling- which i'm good at...)345.

20x Warriors- Mark o'Khorne, Comand, Shields, Chosen n Banner of Rage. 545. the banner is to playdown anything getting to me b4 i get to it cuz i wanna keep that frenzy. it was more effective when the lord (with his Gaze...)was in there cuz i haven't a Battle standard but i'll keep it for now. did i mention i have notoriously bad dice rolling? this guys cost too much too simply throw but it still works if supported by another character- especially the lord cuz he seems more deadly n eases the stress towards the unit. ppl always look at the lord n smack their own head when they forget the unit is chosen and ploughs through their carefully planned battline!

15x Warriors- Mark o'Khorne, Shields, Command and Halberds. Me weapon choice changed from Great Weapons to utilize that I5 and i've found if i'm not charged the S5 hurts me opponent alot. They're always supported by a beastherd neways to keep the opponent wary and timid towards 'em cuz they aren't that formidable by themselves considering any damage to 'em resticts their ability to do anything serious. I've also found characters are the bane to this unit! (and more then once too...)

2x Beast herds- Both with 13xGor w/ Addition Hands Weapons ,5x Ungor w/ just spears and command.
    Obviously these are sacrificial units although every1 playing against them hates their speed and skirmish. i've bin tempted to increase their size to try keep them steady against shooting but thay are expendable and hug terrain neways, protecting the juicy stuff.

With the left6over points i either drop some beastmen to get a spawn or a speedbump unit of Marauders. this last part(including the Beasthers are customizable for the battle. gtg cya!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How big is the unit of marauder footmen? :confused:

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x4)

Lord- Mark o'Khorne, Shield, Runeaxe n Gaze in Chariot wit Mark o'Khorne. usually he starts on a flank (i lover using refused flank tactics), hits with support and simply turn to smash down the battline. obviously with WS9, S6, A7 n chariot he goes unit (flank) hunting. 353+150
    That's quite a lot of points for a Lord, even a Tzeentch Lord with his extortionately expensive Mark only comes to 350pts (without any items). And what is this Runeaxe? There's no such thing, it's got to be either a chaos Runesword or an Axe of Khorne. This is what I mean by sloppily written posts, you just end up confusing everyone who's trying to help you. Once you've written something, you just need to take 30 seconds to read it through and ensure it makes sense.
    The tactics for him however, are fairly sound. Hitting the flanks of units is a good idea because he may get beaten if he charges a ranked up unit head on. Beware though, just because he's moving down the flanks doesn't mean he'll always get to charge a unit's flank. Units can turn to face him, or your opponent can use skirmishers and fast cavalry to lure him away from the action or into a wood or something (a particularly nasty tactic to use against frenzied chariots since chariots that are forced to enter woods take automatic hits!..)
    Exhalted Champ- Mark o'Khorne, Barded Steed, Shield n Berserker Sword. That'll deal wit stuff even if charged (especially giants n chariots, multiwounded cr#p i h8...) 193.
    700+ points of two characters is certainly a case of over-equipping your bosses. I can see why you've done it, but it's a risky gambit.
    5x Knights- Mark o'Khorne, Chosen, Command n War Banner (for sum extra beatdown to playdown bad rolling- which i'm good at...)345.
    Are these the support you mentioned for your Lord? If not, they should be!
    20x Warriors- Mark o'Khorne, Comand, Shields, Chosen n Banner of Rage. 545. the banner is to playdown anything getting to me b4 i get to it cuz i wanna keep that frenzy.
    15x Warriors- Mark o'Khorne, Shields, Command and Halberds. Me weapon choice changed from Great Weapons to utilize that I5 and i've found if i'm not charged the S5 hurts me opponent alot.
    545 points for one unit of infantry is a bit much, lose their chosen status, they really don't need it, since they'll always be keeping their frenzy and thus their extra attack. Chaos warriors, being awesome, can still do enough damage to win a combat even if each has only one attack and having only four in the fighting rank. So you'll get double that even without chosen status, easily enough to win a fight against almost anyone.
    The second unit; good decision on using halberds rather than great weapons. As you've just said yourself, why waste that fantastic Initiative of 5?! If you're going to give a unit chosen status, it should be the 15-man one. That way they'll get a decent armour save of 4+ (rather than the paltry 5+ they have now), and they'll get three attacks each with their halberds!
    2x Beast herds- Both with 13xGor w/ Addition Hands Weapons ,5x Ungor w/ just spears and command.
    Obviously these are sacrificial units although every1 playing against them hates their speed and skirmish. i've bin tempted to increase their size to try keep them steady against shooting but thay are expendable and hug terrain neways, protecting the juicy stuff.
    'Obviously sacrificial units...' Are you mad?! :blink: You're going to just throw away two perfectly useful beast herds? Why? These are two of the best units you've got, I never take to the field without at least one beast herd supporting my troops. The fact that they're skirmishers that get rank bonuses and have their own built-in screen makes them one of the best things a chaos army can have, they're definately not sacrificial units! Anyone who thinks otherwise should be taken outside and beaten with a big stick.
    With the left6over points i either drop some beastmen to get a spawn or a speedbump unit of Marauders. this last part(including the Beasthers are customizable for the battle. gtg cya!
    I wouldn't advise marauders as a 'speedbump' unit. Even without any extra equipment or command, they still cost 50 points for a minimum unit, whereas Warhounds are only 30 points for a minimum unit of 5. If you used an unequipped unit of 10 marauders, any half-decent unit will go straight through them, handing your opponent easy victory points.
    Last edited by Tzeentch Lord; March 8th, 2006 at 15:04.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Freinds lower point cost 350 night goblin army would shot each on of those guys twice before they hit the ground.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast