[2000pts] Tzeentch army list updated plz help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2000pts] [Tzeentch] updated please help

I played my mate who collects TK and I won!. But as I was playing, I decided to improve my army (see other army list in another thread). So here my Tzeentch army:

Heroes

Lord of Chaos: Mark of Tzeenth (MOT), Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Staff of Change, Demonic Mount, Halberd (Joins Chosen Knight Unit)=501pts

Bray Shaman: Lv.2, Dispell Scroll, Braystaff=143pts

Core Units

16 Chosen Warriors: Chosen, MOT, Shields, Full Command=386pts

20 Marauders of Chaos: Flails, Full Command=145pts

20 Marauders of Chaos: Shields, Light Armour, Full Command=165pts

5 Chosen One Knights: MOT, Musician, Standard Bearer=275pts

5 Marauder Horsemens: Musician, Throwing Axes, Flails= 101pts

5 Warhounds=30pts

5 Warhounds=30pts

Special Units

4 Screamers of Tzeentch=132pts

3 Minotaurs: Great Weapons=138pts

Total pts=2046pts

As you can see im exactly one Minotaur over. Im wondering whether to get rid of a Chaos Knight and the Braystaff to get back down to 2000pts but im not sure. All suggestions welcomed. (can someone please reply)

Last edited by Jamo da Jaminator; July 13th, 2005 at 18:04.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

If you removed the Chosen status from the five knights, you wouldn't have to ditch any of the models and you'd have a few points to spare. The knights don't really need to be chosen, use them as a support unit rather than a head-on attack unit and they'll be fine.

I'm actually quite surprised when I read through this list, I was expecting it to be a cheesy, power-gamer army, but it's actually pretty good.
    Unlike that stupid "fast, low model count" army the the HoC forum...
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks for checking my list. That will leave me with around 15 points left. If there anything you think I should change in my list please post it. Am I lacking magical defense.
    Should give any other magical item to my Bray-Shaman. Is my Lord a bit too much. All sugestions welcomed?
    Last edited by Jamo da Jaminator; July 16th, 2005 at 12:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of scrapping the minotaurs and juggling with some points to get a Chaos Giant. Is this a good idea?. Thanks in Advance and please help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Naa, the minotaurs are much better.
    You could make them regiment of tzeench?

You could also downsize the 20 man unit of marauders with flails to 15, as a flanking unit doesn't need ot be that big, it takes away manouverability. ( that's a big word to pronounce ^_^ ) and the Standardif you do so. the flails don't last long in combat if you don'T get the charge, they have no save whatsoever.

with the points you just spaired form the chosen knights and downsizing the marauders, how about adding another minotaur to the unit, and some more warhounds to beef up your screen, this will allow your lord, chosen warriors and knights to stroll down the board almost unarmed.

The golden eye of tzeench works only for shooting right? if you put him on foot and use is Ld near the marauders he'll get a look out sir roll and will make your line much more stable and enduring to panic checks, and this you cannot afford to gamble with. The gaze works wonders if you still are insecure.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay ill downsize the unit of marauders to 16 (28pts) and use the points leftover from the braystaff (7 pts) and the Marauders to get another 5 man warhound unit. I dont want to get my Lord on foot even if he gets a 'look out sir' (What does look out sir rule do anyway?), because he can help the chaos knights. If i do put the Lord on fight would it be a good idea to have him with my Chaos warriors unit. I was also thinking of downgrading my Bray shaman to lv. 1 to free up some more points for the minotaurs. What do you think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

keep him Lv2 mroe spells and dice to cast with.

the look out sir rules is when a caracter is shoot with artillery within a unit with US 5 or higher, (let's say a cannon for example) he gets the look out sir roll, on a 2+ another model takes the hit by pushing the caracter out of the way, and on a 1 he still takes it. this would save the points form the eye IMO, and if you loose a single knight, he won't get it.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After thinking about it for a little while I decided to change my list:

Heroes

Lord of Chaos: Mark of Tzeenth (MOT), Staff of Change, Demonic Mount, Halberd (Joins Chosen Knight Unit)=471pts

Bray Shaman: Lv.2, Dispell Scroll=135pts

Core Units

16 Chosen Warriors: Chosen, MOT, Shields, Full Command=386pts

15 Marauders of Chaos: Flails, Musician, Champion=105pts

20 Marauders of Chaos: Shields, Light Armour, Full Command=165pts

5 Chosen One Knights: MOT, Musician, Standard Bearer=275pts

5 Marauder Horsemens: Musician, Throwing Axes, Flails= 101pts

5 Warhounds=30pts

5 Warhounds=30pts

5 Warhounds=30pts

Special Units

4 Screamers of Tzeentch=132pts

3 Minotaurs: Great Weapons=138pts

Total pts=1998pts

My Lord will join the knight and get a Look out sir roll because the knights are a five man unit. I think the rest of my list is my fine aside from my Minotaurs which I want to beef up by adding another Minotaur and possibly the Mark of tzeetch (66pts). But i dunno where to get rid of points from. I did not want my character on his own as then he is open for flyers to kill him and he is vunerable in combat so with the knight unit he is safe, and he doesnt need the Golden Eye because of the lookout sir roll with the knights. Any suggestions on where to get the 66pts i need and if i should put my Lord on his won (or with the unit of chaos warriors).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

Downgrading the knights will give you 60 pts and a marauder, or loosing the deamoni cmount and the Standard on the knights would give it to you, as they flank alot, and they don't really need it for CCR.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea. But is the Lord good when hes wandering around on his own on foot? If i make him wander around on foot should I make him go with the Chaos warrior unit?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast