The Dark Princes Pets-1.5k Slaanesh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dark Princes Pets-1.5k Slaanesh

Hey everyone this is my army list. I went up against one similar to this one and thought is was amazing so I thought I would make my own with a few adaptations to suit my playing style.
    I would like to know what you guys think of it.

Exalted Champ.
    MOS, HW and Shield, Armour o Damnation. *Goes with Warriors* -132

Sorcerer
    MOS, LV 2, 2x dispel scroll - 170

Wargor
    MOS, GW,Gaze of the Gods, Chaos Armour -124

19x Chosen Warriors
    MOS, 2HW, Full Command Rapturous Banner -537

25x Marauders
    HW and Shields, light armour - 235
    Full command

1x Beast Herd
    20 gor-2HW 15 ungor-Spears Full Command - 200

1x Chaos Spawn
    MOS -75

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall this army list is pretty good. The Sorceror is fine and so are all the characters. The only things I would suggest is getting rid of the Spawn because they are two random and a few models from the beast herd so you can get some cavalry in such as Marauder Horsemen or a Chariot or even another flanking unit of Marauders with flails. Apart from that great list!.

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Slaangor
    Exalted Champ.
    MOS, HW and Shield, Armour o Damnation. *Goes with Warriors* -132
    Sorcerer
    MOS, LV 2, 2x dispel scroll - 170
    Wargor
    MOS, GW,Gaze of the Gods, Chaos Armour -124
    The characters are fine, although don't expect the sorcerer to achieve much on his own. And I really don't think that the Gaze of the Gods is the best thing to give to a Ld7 Wargor, he's more likely to flee than any of the characters. :hmm:
    19x Chosen Warriors
    MOS, 2HW, Full Command Rapturous Banner -537
    25x Marauders
    HW and Shields, light armour - 235
    Full command
    Chosen with shields are often a much better option than two hand weapons, their save is equal to that of cavalry and they'll still have two attacks each. Such a unit (especially a big one) would be a very difficult nut for the enemy to crack. At the moment, although they've got 3 attacks each, they only have the armour save of light infantry, so they won't last as long, and when a basic infantry model costs 20+ points you don't want them dropping so easily.
    The marauders are great as they are, and the unit size is just about right too.
    1x Beast Herd
    20 gor-2HW 15 ungor-Spears Full Command - 200
    This beast herd is massive! Far too big to be effective. Beastmen are best used as small, sneaky units that prowl the flanks of your army, beating up enemy skirmishers and co-ordinating their attacks with your main combat units. This unit is too big for that, you should split this unit into two beast herds of 10gor/7 ungor each.
    The equipment you've chosen for them is perfect though, shields on beastmen of either type are next to useless.
    1x Chaos Spawn
    MOS -75
    Disagreeing with Jaminator, I think spawn can actually be quite useful when used right. The first thing you need to realise about them is that they are rarely going to win any fights, they are roadblocks more than anything else. The second thing is that their movement is so unpredictable that they should be set up somewhere near the flanks of your army (so they don't get in the way of your infantry blocks).
    The best thing spawn are for is to hold up enemy units that are either threatening to charge when it would be least convenient for you, or enemy units that you want to charge later, but don't have anyone to do it at the moment.
    My spawn has been completely useless on occasion, but he's sometimes the most useful thing in the army (even though he often dies before the battle ends ). He's held up a unit of 3 Trolls for three turns, a unit of 12 Tomb Kings horsemen for 4 turns, a spirit host (which he couldn't even damage) for 3 turns, and he's also absorbed the shooting from half a Wood Elf army for about 3/4 turns (and he even survived that game with one wound left! ).

My point is, they can be useful, but don't expect miracles from them.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Tzeentch_lord what you have said has helped. I found out today useing this list that the beast herd is too large and would be better in smaller units. The Gaze of the Gods however I am going to keep, alot of people have said the sam as you but I have never had a problem with it.
    Now for the warriors, I may put the shields on however I like the fact that they are slashing machines and I play them in a way that they can't be shot at until it's too late, only ever loosing 2 or 3 men. However I do realise that this may not always work and I will need to think this through.
    The spawn, I like him loads and am keeping him. I too use him to tie up enemy units and I may be putting another one to run along with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont really like the list your exualted would be better of with a GW in my opinion a lvl 2 wizard isnt going to do much so make him lvl 1 and save points Gaze of the gods on a LD 7 wargor isnt very clever and the next thing is the 500+ point unit of chosen, this unit is slow and unmanuverable and a clever opponent will be able to miss this unit out till last, and get a frontal and flank/rear charge on the unit which will crush it
    -Hrath Dreadaxe-

....or is it Sam?

+ Reply to Thread