1,000pts Mortals-Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1,000pts Mortals-Friendly

Hi everyone who bodes in the chaotic realm of the forum chaotica.
    I'm new to fantasy and after much concidering have decided to betrey my deamonhunter 40k army by collecting chaos.(horus eat your heart out.)
    So on with the list.

Hero.

Aspiring Champion of Chaos.
    Berserker Sword.
    =>120

Core.

12xWarriors of Chaos.
    Great Weapons, Shields.
    Full Command.
    Mark of Khorn.
    Banner of Rage.
    =>329

12xWarriors of Chaos.
    Hand Weapons, Shields.
    Full Command.
    Mark of Nurgle.
    War Banner.
    =>235

12xWarriors of Chaos.
    Additional hand weapons, Shields.
    Full Comand.
    Mark of Slanesh.
    Rapturous standard
    =>316

Points=1'000

Theme:More of a hoard then a normal army without using maruarders. Representing each god (Tzeentch will be included in the 1,500 point list). Like I said this is my first fantasy army, so feel free to lay into it like a pack of chaos hounds.

War necessitates a different set of morals.
    Mine will do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use an Exalted Champion. He's worth the 20 extra pts. I believe you get +1 Attack, +1 WS (maybe +1 Str as well).

Since your using only mortals, you may want to do an "Archaon's Horde" list. This gives you free full command on all units of Chaos Warriors 16 or more. Plus there are many other advantages for all-mortal chaos armies while using this list. Rules for this army list can be found in the Storm of Chaos supplement.

Tactically, I believe this army would be "shot-to-death" or pummeled by magic. So you may want to consider a Sorceror w/dispell scrolls and some chaos hounds as screens for your warriors.

Lastly, mixing the gods to the extent that your are, is usually not a good idea. Many people frown upon players that field Tzeentch and Khrone units in the same army, as these two gods hate each other. Further, you may be called a "power gamer" which is not nice.

Regardless, if you have luck with mixing the gods and fun, go for it. Its completely legal rule-wise.
    Last edited by jonsolo; September 22nd, 2005 at 00:12. Reason: Typos

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Truesight
    Berserker Sword.
    A fine choice of general for a 1000pt army (I assume you meant to add 'Mark of Chaos Undivided' here too). I have to disagree with jonsolo, the Exalted champion is not necessary in small games, the extra stat points you get with an Exalted aren't worth the cost and are a luxury you can't afford at 1000pts. Plus, part of the points you pay for an Exalted champion cover the ability he has to be mounted on a Daemonic mount, which of course you don't need either.
    However, the Berserker Sword is a bad choice for a weapon, it's expensive and you only get two or three extra attacks at best. In a 1000pt game where large, multi-unit strength monsters are few and far between, you'll only get +1 or +2 extra attacks. Better to go with a Sword of Battle if you want more attacks, combine this with the Enchanted shield for a superb armour save.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truesight
    12xWarriors of Chaos.
    Great Weapons, Shields.
    Full Command.
    Mark of Khorn.
    Banner of Rage.

12xWarriors of Chaos.
    Hand Weapons, Shields.
    Full Command.
    Mark of Nurgle.
    War Banner.

12xWarriors of Chaos.
    Additional hand weapons, Shields.
    Full Comand.
    Mark of Slanesh.
    Rapturous standard
    Lots of warriors, but all three units are a bit small and there's a few problems with them (apart from being small). First, you can't have all three units carrying magical banners, only one unit of warriors in the army can carry a magic banner. You'll have to lose two of them...
    The weapon options are also a bit random, trust me when I say that Chaos Warriors (of all alignments) are best off with hand weapons and shields. They're strong already, and this combo gives them an awesome armour save. They'll last longer this way, honest!
    Finally, there is a problem with your General's alignment and the units you've chosen. Since a character can only join units that have the same Mark as he does (or units that have no mark), your Aspiring champion is going to have to run around on the battlefield on his own in this army, not really recommended! :hmm:
    Last edited by Tzeentch Lord; September 22nd, 2005 at 00:55.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everybody. I have revised the list based on your suggestions.
    Hero.

Mark of Chaos undivided.
    Sword of Battle(I misread the profile on the berserker sword,I thought it gave you + half the unit strenght of the enemy of attacks, it seemed a bit too powerful...) ,Enchanted shield.
    =>115

Core.

14xWarriors of Chaos.
    Hand Weapons, Shields.
    Musician,Standard Bearer.
    Mark of chaos undivided.
    =>243( a unit for the champion to hide in.)

16xWarriors of Chaos.
    Hand Weapons, Shields.
    Full command.
    Mark of Slanesh.
    Rapturous Standard.
    =>341

16xWarriors of Chaos
    Hand Weapons, Shields.
    Full command.
    Mark of Khorn.
    =>315

I think i'm going to still get the crap blown out of me at range, but I don't mind as long as it's fun. Feel free to add more comments. Thanks.
    Last edited by Truesight; September 22nd, 2005 at 21:28.
    Mine will do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x4)

Looks good, the champion will be quite effective for his points and as you can see, the points saved on those banners has increased the size of your units to comfortable levels (Chaos warriors need the rank bonus!). Don't worry too much about shooting, at 1000pts, there shouldn't be too much in the way of heavy firepower from enemy armies (I hope). Although if there is, you can rest assured the enemy won't have much in the way of effective close combat units to take you on when you finally do hit the enemy lines. Of course, the natural toughness and heavy armour of Chaos warriors is usually enough to shrug off most shots (except cannonballs...).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it be worth dropping a couple of warriors to switch my champion for a sorcerer of chaos? It would make a bit less vulnrable to magic and if I pick lore of shadows I might even be able to remove some of the problems with ranged weapons. Worth the extra points? How much points should I spend on him?
    Mine will do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x4)

Personally, I wouldn't change the champion for a sorcerer (unless it was a champion of Tzeentch, but they're really expensive!). You don't really need a wizard yet, and as you say, you'd have to lose a few models to afford him. In small games like this, the chances of you facing a significant magical threat is low. Most forces will have one hero level wizard at most, and they'll only have one or two spells. Since you have two dispel dice to play with and bearing in mind not all spells are successfully cast in the first place, I don't think you have much to worry about in regards to magic.

Best to stick with the champion for now, he's hard as nails and will add considerable combat prowess to your force. If I were you, I'd play with the above army and see how it goes, if you start facing a lot of magic, then you can think about including sorcerers. For now, the army looks good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great! Now all I need I a quick way to paint warriors... ^_^
    Mine will do.

+ Reply to Thread