1500 pt Slaanesh Daemonic Legions list - Please rate - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt Slaanesh Daemonic Legions list - Please rate

Hey there everyone, I'm about to start a Campaign in Lustria and I wanted to get some comments on it's effectiveness in the Jungle. Here's the list:

Hero

Bekamet the Seducer of Souls (Exalted Daemon) - Mark of Slaanesh, Diabolic Splendour, Soporific Musk, Lv. 2 Mage

Pts: 380

Sinslash Spitesword (Daemonic Herald) - Mark of Slaanesh, Spell Breaker, Greater Icon of Chaos - Rapturous Standard

Pts: 215

Core

12 Daemonettes - Full Command

12 Daemonettes - Full Command

6 Mounted Daemonettes

Pts: 180

Special

3 Pleasureseekers

Pts: 165

Rare

Chariot of Slaanesh

Pts: 130

I'm thinking about mounting my Herald in the Chariot to provide a greater punch, while also maximising the effectiveness of his Icon. What's everybody's thoughts on it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Haven't noticed the army list forum at the top, then?

Looks like a solid list. I would keep the herald on foot if you keep the greater icon, cuts down those irritating *pop* moments.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

I think you could drop the 2 levels of magic to 1 just to have a dispell dice, at level 2 mage won't make a dent during the magic phase, as everyone as a scroll cady or plays dwarves ^_^

As for mounting your Herald, keeping him on foot will make sure he doesn't get targeted by cannonballs and bolt throwers.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Pack
    I think you could drop the 2 levels of magic to 1 just to have a dispell dice, at level 2 mage won't make a dent during the magic phase, as everyone as a scroll cady or plays dwarves ^_^

As for mounting your Herald, keeping him on foot will make sure he doesn't get targeted by cannonballs and bolt throwers.
    Thanks for your thoughts about mounting my Daemonic Herald in the chariot, I'll be sure to put him in a unit so that he'll be kept (relatively) safe and sound.

But there are times where I beleive that a Lv 2 Sorcerer can influence a battle. Even if you opponent has a scroll caddy, he can only carry 2 dispell scrolls usually and these have a habit of being sucked out early in the game . Still, you're right on the money about Dwarves tho .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

Also keep in mind that a scroll cady will bring 1 dispell dice along, bumping them to 3, enough to stop a dangerous spell each turn.

You could give a daemonette unit the unholy icon, this helps your toughness of 3 much more viable
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Pack
    Also keep in mind that a scroll cady will bring 1 dispell dice along, bumping them to 3, enough to stop a dangerous spell each turn.

You could give a daemonette unit the unholy icon, this helps your toughness of 3 much more viable
    I like the idea of the Unholy Icon, it's something that I've used in the past and was pretty good considering the cost of the item. However, would a unit of 12 Daemonettes be worth giving it to?Additionally, if I was to take it, would you suggest I place my Daemonic Herald within that unit to boost combat efficientcy, or place the Herald in the second unit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

I am not a big fan of putting all your eggs in the same basket, I would rather spread evenly, let the iconed unit by it's self, and the herald in the other to compensate.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that small units of daemonettes always seem to do very badly. Maybe you could have 2 units of 16, and take off the chariot then add the unholy icon to one of your units? Also, the name for your general is really cool!

+ Reply to Thread