Father Nurgle's tournament list 2,500 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Father Nurgle's tournament list 2,500 points

Hi Everyone,

I seek the war chaos council for advice on the following army list, its for the coming Fortunes of war competition in May 2006. (I got smashed in the 2005 GT with a fluffy list):

6 chaos knights - std, mus, champion 248 points

20 Pestigors - std, mus, champion, mark of Nurgle 320 points

20 marauders - std, mus, champion, flails 145 points

20 marauders - std, mus, champion, flails 145 points

16 chaos warriors - std, mus, champion 270 points

5 marauder horsemen - flails 75 points

1 beast herd - 12 gors 8 ungors shields std, mus champion 159

1 chaos chariot 120

2 spawn 120

5 hounds 30

5 hounds 30

1 Daemon prince - blade of ether, mark of nurgle, master of mortals level four 560 points

1 sorcerer of chaos - 2 dispel, level upgrade 170 points

1 aspring champion - barded steed, biteing blade, shield 108.

2500 points on the spot. please let me know what you think.

Festigor

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's probably worth getting throwing axes and a musician for th marauder horsemen.

And why just a single nurgle model in the entire force??? What's the point of having the MoN on the general, and then not even putting it on the warriors, champion, or the sorcerer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree with khorne lord. If u give the mark to ur chaos warriors then put some more guys in their for the fear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne Lord,

From experience at the GT my smaller MON warriors (2 units of 16) attracted a lot cannon fire. My aim is to have more units in the hope of confusing the enemy firing line.

Also have a smaller number of units seem to be more of a disadvantage during deployment.

Any suggestions?

Would you have any tips against brettonians? I haven't played many games in the past few years and to my surprise I was was steam rolled by the brettonian charges.

Festigor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to go underhanded on the Brets, I'd probably take two dog of war cannons in your rare slots, and then enjoy as your opponent realizes that your chaos army has artillery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright this is what you army needs.

Your army has way too many points spent on just one character.

Take out one maruader unit for another beastherd and then take another pestigor unit and take out the hounds.

Whats the point of having 16 warriors. Have 20 and you will have an extra rank.

Maybe take some dragon ogres If possible. with light armour and great weapons.

Hey this is just a little enlighter message. These are just ideas to work off of. You dont have to use them I am just saying.
    Im aiming for a fearsome infestation that will overrun the enemy and Knock him out psychologically. I think I'm almost there.

-me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's acceptable to spend that many on a Daemon Prince, in fact it's hard not to.

Marauders rock. Leave 'em.

I agree with increasing warrior size a little, but as you said earlier you might want to avoid fire on these guys, smaller units draw less attention, 16 works quite well, and if you don't want to change em, you shouldn't feel the need to. Unless the get MoN. And I fail to see why adding on to a unit with 4 ranks could increase rank bonus beyond +3.

Dragon ogres are worth thought, if you haven't already (which you could have). They are expensive, and this army doesn't look like the kind where they belong in.

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

A battle standard bearer is a must in a large army like this especially if your general is going to be flying off ahead of your army. Drop the chariot and take the banner of the gods. At 2500pts you should be able to work it in.
    Also take more chaos hounds to screen your army, at least 4 units of them. At 2500pts, Empire and Dwarf players will be taking an awefull lot of firepower.

As for dealing with Brettonians there are two suggestions really.

The strength of the Brettonians is the fact their lance formation means they can dish out lots of high strength attacks with a 3+ rank bonus. The lance formation is also the Brettonians greatest weakness because they have a really long flank to charge.

1) As Khorne Lord says artillery is always fun, especially for us chaos players. .

2) Flanking units- A favourite with Dark Elf and Empire players. Have a small unit of marauders armed with flails or great weapons and smash them into the side of the Brettonian unit. This will negate their rank bonus and give you +1 for a flank charge and very likely +1 for out numbering the brettonians as well providing they don't do too much damage to the charged unit.
    The key to this stratagy is making sure that the charged unit sticks around long enough to do this. A battle standard bearer will be a great help in keeping your units in the fight. If the Brettonian player charges the smaller flanking unit then he gets charged by the main unit instead.

3) Break up the charges so that the Brettonian player charges you peicemeal. In my experiences against Brettonian players like to charge ASAP and preferably in the same turn. Flyers and fast cavalry are good for this as they can move quickly enough to impeed marches as well as harry flanks.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If yuo find yourself in a situation where a big deadly unit of Knights is trying to break right through your battle line, remember a simple yet effective way of dealing with it. Flee the charge with the charged unit, and then charge on your turn wit the rest of your line, ripping the cavalry to bits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help with this, Jared Van Kell and Khorne Lord, I'll take this advice to the comp.

More specifically those brettonian Pegasus riders are a real pain. Normally flyers are weak but these guys can charge at strength 5. Any advice on these guys?

By looking at my list do I need more maruaders horsemen?

Festigor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast