Kickass Khorne Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with Khorne Army

Hi:yes: , plz could u guys give me some tips to improve this 1000 pt Khorne army. I think that it is already quite decent but any suggestions would be useful. I know that this army is very small but i have decided to make it small so that i dont have to spend all my time painting. Here is the army list below

Exalted champ of chaos
    Mark of Khorne
    Additional hand weapon
    Collar of khorne
    Total points =164pts

16 warriors of chaos
    (additional hand weapons + chosen)
    SB, mus and champion
    Mark of khorne
    Banner of wrath
    Total points=477 pts

5 chosen knights
    SB, mus and champion
    Mark of khorne
    Total points=370 pts

Overall total points=1011pts
    A little big for a 1000 pt army. I was thinking of maybe dropping a chaos warrior to make the unit of size 15. This would make me under the point limit.

Basically my strategy is too charge the bastards. My chaos warriors end up having 4 attacks each after all the upgrades. If the opponent decides to try and shoot my army down i hope i will be able to kick their ass fast enough to stop the damage with my knights.

Thx for reading this army list:w00t:

Last edited by Stu888; April 24th, 2006 at 20:39. Reason: spelling

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try and cut back on the profanity a little bit, this forum has no age requirements, and there are younger, more impressionable people here. It's also against the rules.

The army is freakishly small, and I played a similar army once in the ancient past. A bolt thrower or two could easily tear the knights to bits in a couple turns, and they cost much less. If your opponent knows how to use his troops, he could easily beat the uncontrollable knights and with a little more work the warriors too. The exalted champion doesn't even have amazing equipment, and with no ward save and only a 4+ armour save, could be dropped very quickly as well.

Painting isn't that difficult, you should really expand the force. And your whole army is frenzied. Try and get somethin unmarked in there for a little control.

Also, what's with the banner of wrath? It's cool, I'll admit, but it won't do anything. Your opponent will throw two dispel dice a turn at that thing if not more, and even two only has a 1/12 chance of failiure. Basically, your 50-point banner will go off once every other game, and that's only if your foe has mediocre magic defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Yikes... very small list.

Your army has 5 dispell dice. That's going to be more than enough for a 1000 point game. Even if your opponent puts half his points into 2 lvl 2 mages, the most PD he can have is 7. The collar of Khorne is unnecisary.

Khorne Lord is right about the banner. You aren't casting any spells, and your opponent will have a minimum of 2 DD to throw at this thing. It will never go off.

Chosen warriors/knights are tough, yes, but not invincible. Blackpowder weapons will cut the warriors down fairly fast, and bolt throwers will torture your knights. A witty opponent can wreck your list without ever entering combat. Drop the chosen status, and try to get some more number in there.
    The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood

98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Further elaborating time -

Most dice anyone can throw at you in one spell without magical augmentation or a lord level hero like the truthsayers and dark emmisaries is 3 dice. Best they can probably have in total is 6. Considering that they will probably fail a spell or two each turn, your dispel dice will outnumber their power. This means that you can virtually garauntee nigh immunity to magic on all your troops, without the collar. So point badger.

Handguns will hit your warriors on 5s at the beggining but 4s most of the way, wound on 4s, and save 6+. That gives a 5/24, or 20.83%, chance of a kill on each shot once you move a little closer. 3 volleys like that from a good sized unit on a hill is 48 shots X 21% = 10 kills. Then your oponent has 5 or 6 warriors to eliminate, no great feat for any unit, even with their mass frenzy attacks. I don't feel like showing the math for Bolt Throwers, but if your opponent takes two (they will), they can garauntee a flank shot which can absolutely decimate the unit. No 1+ armour save against those bad boys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx guys for the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that painting isnt diffucult, in fact i can paint to a high standard if put some effort in. Its just i am doing my A levels and the exams are soon , so it is difficult to find time to do alot of painting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand that. Just don't make this a permenent list, expand it when you have time.

+ Reply to Thread