2000 pt Slaanesh Mortal/Beast/Daemon Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt Slaanesh Mortal/Beast/Daemon Army

I'm relatively new to warhammer but I came up with this list... tell me what you think

Mounted Sorceror of Chaos 171 (General)
    Level 2
    MOS
    spell fam.

Sorceror of Chaos 140
    Level 2
    MOS

5 Warhounds x 2 60

16 Marauders x 2 274
    Great weapons
    Full command

5 Marauder Horsemen x 2 220
    spears
    shields
    full command

5 Knights of Chaos 185
    MOS

1 Beast Herd 131
    12 gors
    8 ungors
    standard
    musc.

1 Beast Herd 151
    12 gors
    8 ungors
    Full command

1 Bestigor Herd 242
    MOS
    Full Command

1 Hellcannon 270

I think for the most part it's a pretty good list, 6 power dice 4 dispel, for chaos it's decent mix of fast combat, magic, and shooting. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Death draws near.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Alrighty. It's always good to see more dedicated followers of Slaanesh! However there are a few key issues with your list that I'll try to help you with.

Firstly a little background on chaos, and more specifically Slaanesh. One of the biggest advantages that a chaos player has is: CORE CHARIOTS. And not just core, but very powerful ones. They don't have the devastating charge range that Elven chariots have, but they're very tough, and deliver one hell of a punch on the charge. You should always take chaos chariots.

Secondly Slaanesh's main advantages are it's magic lore, and being immune to panic. The spells we have access to are just amazing. Always take at least 2 lvl 2 sorcerers. Our other advantage is the Rapturous Standard, which is an amazing banner on a unit of chosen.

So for your army: The first thing I noticed is that you have 6 standards in your list. That's a possible 600 extra victory points for your opponent if something goes wrong. Standards are a good ugrade for a unit which you are confident will do well in combat. Your marauder horsies and beast herds will seldom win combat, and too much can go wrong if they are charge. They should definitely not have standards. You are essentially doubling the VP value your opponent gets if he kills them.

Your sorcerer on foot can only fit in with the marauders. This is usually a bad place for a sorcerer. A stray chariot or cavalry unit getting a charge on these guys could see the end of your sorcerer. I also noticed that you gave them great weapons. It might be better to stick with flails, as ideally combat will not go more than one turn with these guys, and you don't want to waste I4 for a mediocre strength increase.

You're throwing full command around left and right. Paying the points for a unit champion is not often worth it, and as stated above standards can go very badly. A musician is always a nice addition to a unit however.

Beastigors are a good unit, but I think there are more powerful options you could take from the beasts of chaos list. As of now your army doesn't have anything that can really hit hard on the charge. You need some power in the form of BoC special and rare choices.

The hellcannon I advise against in general. People will not like to see it.

You may want to consider adding some warrior units. The mark of Slaanesh allows you to field small units and get away with it without fear of panicing. Take units of 10 with either shields and a champ, or halberds and a champ. The opposite would be to take a unit of 19 chosen on foot with full command, shields, and the raptuous standard. No unit in the game can take these models on in the front and hope to win. They will provide an excelent transport for your sorcerer.
    The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood

98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.

+ Reply to Thread