Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
(new to warhammer, first week)
this is my first army list, please help me. im pretty sure it falls under all the rules, but not suure how good it is. my primary enemy yis going to be a dark elf, so any suggestions on what to change or add to help me beat him is great
|2000 Point Khorne
|Chaos General: [one unit]
|w/might of khorne,
|axe of khorne,
|armour of khorne
|Core: [three units]
|One Unit of 8
|Flesh hounds of Khorne (104)
|Two Units of 16 each
|Bloodletters of Khorne (512)
|Special: [two units]
|one unit of 10
|Chosen Knights of Chaos (450)
|One unit of 12
|Warriors of Chaos (198)
|Rare: [one unit]
|Spawn of Khorne (75)
|Total Points (1989)
1) A bloodthirster in 2000pts is a bit much as most peope will say. Try taking a damon prince with the Mark of Khorne instead.
2) Flesh hounds do not count towards your minimum core choices. By all means keep the flesh hounds but buy some chaos furies to fill the third core spot. Chaos furies are great for hunting war machines as they are good in combat and cause fear. This means that a unit of 5-6 furies will outnumber all war machine crews causing them to fall back without a break test should they win the combat. Not only that they will make a good retinue for your general.
3) Buy commands for your bloodletters. Bloodletters are the only daemon unit able to take a command so take advantage of this as it is more than worth it.
4) Drop the chaos warriors. You already have decent infantry so you really dont need anymore.
5) Buy some chaos hounds to screen your knights as they will attract a lot firepower. You might want to reduce the unit size to 8 instead.
6) Chariots are a good option. A combined charge of two chaos chariots will break most units or at least cause significant damage to them anyway.
Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.
As said previously a Deamon Prince will be a better choice at this point level. The point difference will allow you to add in a unit of chaos marauders and some warhounds. You need a few unit that can flee from charges.
I would recommend droping the Chosen upgrade on the knights, having the mark of khorne will give them 2 attacks already. A warbanner will suit them well.
Furies is a good suggestion.
Since you are mostly fighting Dark Elves:
1. Replace the bloodthirster with a daemon prince
2. Use the extra points to buy a beast herd (BOC book). This screen troops and adds manueverability. Beastmen also look better with Bloodletters than Maruaders, IMO.
3. Drop down to 5 non-chosen knights of Khorne. against DE, having a 2nd rank invites single RBT shots, which hit 1 guy/rank and ignores armor. Better to take the 6 lower str. shots which do not ignore your nifty armour. Screens are nice, but sometimes your opponent gets hills.
4. Get some furies, to hit the bolt throwers and any stray mages/scouts.
5. Get a bray-shaman (BOC book). Magic resistance only goes so far, and a bray-shaman w/bray staff and 2 dispel scrolls should fight and prevent magic enough to please Khorne. Dark elves can get nasty magic, and I think you only have 4 dispel dice.
6. Drop the spawn. With the daemon-prince/bloodthirster, flesh hounds, chaos knights, and possibly warhounds, furies and beastmen, it is on average too slow with its random movement.