New to Warhammer Fantasy (Chaos undivided) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Warhammer Fantasy (Chaos undivided)

Hi everyone,

As the title states I am new to the game. I was advised not to pickup the rulebook until the end of the month due to the new revision coming out soon. (If I wait till the end of this month to buy the old book I can trade it in for the new revision free of charge.). I did however pick up the Hordes of Chaos book, but it is some what confusing to me.

I would like to go Chaos undivided because it seems more flexible on model selection, which I like. I bought and assembled a box of Warriors equipped with one-hand weapons and shields, one with a banner and one with a musical instrument (12 in the box). Now before I go out and buy more stuff I need a hand on creating an army. I will be playing vs Tomb Kings and Ogres (2000 pts games).

I have a few questions, if anyone can lend a poor noobie a hand it would be greatly appreciated.

First off, what does M, WS, BS, S, T, W, I, A, LD stand for in character/model statistics?

Can Archaon be used as a Lord of chaos for 210pts instead of the 855pts as himself with horse? Or do I have to buy a Lord of Chaos?

I have seen that some units if greater then 16 or 25 have a free full command. What is a full command and why/how is it free?

The Aspiring champion is able to be a Battle Standard Bearer, but is unable to have a weapon or a shield. What are the benefits of becoming a BSB? can he still attack?

What are the different weapons that can be used along side the benefits and disadvantages of each? Such as Flails, Spears, Halberds, Great weapons, and Throwing weapons.

These are all the questions I can think of so far, I am sure more will come to mind after I post this. Can anyone recommend a 2000pts Chaos Undivided army list that will perform well against TK and Ogres?

Thanks in advance for your time and help,

~Deucalion~

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Deucalion
    Hi everyone,
    Hello, and welcome to Warhammer and more specificaly Chaos! The Old WOrld need more evil people!

First off, what does M, WS, BS, S, T, W, I, A, LD stand for in character/model statistics?
    M-Movement
    WS-Weapon SKill (Fighting)
    BS-Balistic SKill (Shooting)
    S-Strength
    T-Toughness
    W-Wounds (or HP if you prefer)
    I-Inisitive sp? (Speed)
    A-Attacks (how Many)
    LD-Leadership (morale)

Can Archaon be used as a Lord of chaos for 210pts instead of the 855pts as himself with horse? Or do I have to buy a Lord of Chaos?
    No, Achaon is taken always at 855 pnts. The Lord of Chaos is something diffrent. You do not need a Lord of Chaos to play with Achaon, but it is ussually accepted not to play the Lord of End Times in 2000 Pnt battles. But if you want to use his model as a Chaos Lord, just make sure opponet knows first!

I have seen that some units if greater then 16 or 25 have a free full command. What is a full command and why/how is it free?
    That is for Achaons Hoorde list in the Storm of Chaos campain.
    LINKY-http://stormofchaos.us.games-worksho...aons_horde.pdf

The Aspiring champion is able to be a Battle Standard Bearer, but is unable to have a weapon or a shield. What are the benefits of becoming a BSB? can he still attack?
    Yes, If the Aspiriring Champion has the Battle Standerd, he may still attack, abit not as effectivly as normal. Te advantagesto haveing a battle standerard is re-rolling some LD based tests, which Chaos Undivided does, to some degree, anyway

What are the different weapons that can be used along side the benefits and disadvantages of each? Such as Flails, Spears, Halberds, Great weapons, and Throwing weapons.
    Now I don't have my rulebook right in front of me but
    Flails (I think) give +S in the first round of combat'
    Spears men in the second rank may fight
    Halaberds hive a perment +S bouns to engaged fighters
    Great Weapons are a better version of the Haldaberd, but strike last
    Throwing Weapons Are a short ranged missle waepon with the S of the User

Can anyone recommend a 2000pts Chaos Undivided army list that will perform well against TK and Ogres?
    Ummmm..., Magic and heavy hitters will be required. I can help more if you give me a list, but right now, get two wizards of somesort and more chaso Warriors. And never forget the Daemons of Chaos! Some people may not like them, but man, they are vicious.

Thanks in advance for your time and help,

~Deucalion~
    You're Welcome,
    -Doom

PS This should be in the Chaos decution section because, as of right now, there is no army list in this thred.
    Last edited by Luminaru; July 2nd, 2006 at 15:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help Doom...

This is the first list i have ever tried. Please let me know what you guys think. I will be going vs TK and Ogres 2500 point games.

Lord of Chaos: 333
    Shield
    Daemonic mount
    Runesword

Aspiring Champion: 230
    Standard Bearer
    Banner of Gods

5 Knights: 276
    FC
    Chosen

16 Warriors: 367
    FC
    Chosen
    Shields

16 Warriors: 270
    Shields
    FC

25 Marauders: 200
    FC
    Light Armor
    Shields

25 Marauders: 200
    FC
    Light Armor
    Shields

5 Marauder Horseman: 101
    FC
    Spears
    Shields

FC
    Spears
    Shields

FC
    Spears
    Shields

Sorcerer of Chaos: 135
    Level 1
    Dispel Scroll
    Dispel Scroll

Sorcerer of Chaos: 135
    Level 1
    Dispel Scroll
    Dispel Scroll

8 War Hounds: 48

Total points: 2497
    Last edited by Deucalion; July 3rd, 2006 at 22:13.

+ Reply to Thread