2000 pt. Crom's Horde - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt. Crom's Horde

Thought you would like the name. First try at Archaon's Horde. Any help appreciated.

Crom the Conqueror

Aspiring Champion
    BSB w/ The Banner of the Gods

Sorcerer
    Lvl 2 and Skull of Katam

Sorcerer
    Lvl 2 and Power Familiar

Core
    25 Marauders
    FC, flails, la, and shield

25 Marauders
    FC, la, and shield

2 Warhounds: 10

2 Marauder Horsemen: 5
    throwing axes and FC

Special
    Chosen Chaos Warriors: 18
    shields and FC w/ War Banner

Rare
    Hellcannon

Total: 1996
    P:7
    D:5

I am fighting Wood Elves btw. I am thinking of getting rid of 2 warriors to give the hellcannon some powers. Is that a good idea?

Last edited by Sotek; July 12th, 2006 at 05:11.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Against elves, you'll want a greater defensive presence in the magic phase. You could drop the Skull for 2 dispel scrolls.

I think you will have to make a choice. You have too much points spent on caracters, so you will have to cut a contender. I like the banner of the gods, makes full fluffy sense, and should provide more backbone for your marauders. So loosing a Sorcerer would seem in order.

The extra points point could be invested in some knights, or possibly some flayerkin. they will do a great job as they scout, and are a threat to any unit with 2 S4 attack with killing blow to boot.

I don't particularly like the hellcannon, a tad too much for me.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

In general: Archaon's Horde vs WE is a bad idea. The horde is a lot of dedicated infantry who are only useful in CC, and not much fast support. WE are all about marchblocking, fleeing from charges, shooting you to death, and only attacking when they have overwhelming force. Against a skilled WE, you will never get into combat with anything, and it'll be a frustrating mess. Your hellcannon will shoot YOU, cause it scatters and WE will be flanking you early and often.

In short, if you are going to play WE often, use normal chaos, as they get faster troops (flyers, beasts, etc.).

Specifics:
    Are you saying you have 2 groups of 10 warhounds each? unit str 20? so that when they panic, they cause a test in your chosen warriors? badbadbad. dropem down to 5.

I agree with wolf_pack that you shouldn't bother with magic. I think magic is all or nothing. So drop those mages down to level 1 and load up on dispell scrolls. Or drop 1 mage entirely, and add more scrolls.

Get rid of banners on fast cav. WE will run you down, kill you, and get 100 vp for your banner. Against WE, I'd consider giving them shields against all the arrows.

I like the hellcannon a lot in general. Against WE however, it is a bit of a waste. They don't tend to have big clumps of troops to shoot at, and too many of them ignore psychology to get the most outta the hellcannon.

+ Reply to Thread