200 Pt Tzeentch All-Defensive List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

200 Pt Tzeentch All-Defensive List

Okay, I’ve played a bunch of games now and I’ve finally decided that I need 3 Army Lists. First, I’m going to make a Mixed List for just all normal battles. For most armies, the mixed list should help me accomplish my task. However, for major shooty armies (like that dern WE player I always end up facing), I want a really fast army list (All-Cavalry). I also face some non-shooters as well. For that, I have created an all-defensive army.

Below is my All-Defensive List (2000 Pts):

1 Lord of Chaos (415 Pts)
    w/ Mark of Tzeentch
    w/ Staff of Change

1 Aspiring Champ (200 Pts)
    w/ Mark of Tzeentch
    w/ Power Familiar

1 Sorcerer (135 Pts)
    w/ 2x Dispel Scrolls
    w/ Lore of Fire

15 Chosen Warriors (365 Pts)
    w/ Shields
    w/ Mark of Tzeentch
    w/ Full Command

15 Chosen Warriors (345 Pts)
    w/ Shields
    w/ Full Command

20 Marauders (165 Pts)
    w/ Shields
    w/ Light Armour
    w/ Full Command

20 Marauders (165 Pts)
    w/ Shields
    w/ Light Armour
    w/ Full Command

1 Giant (205 Pts)

Total: 1995 Pts

Power Dice: 11
    Dispel Dice: 6 (plus 2 scrolls)

Mongol General: Conan, what is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

I assume the non-shooting armies you have in mind are chaos or Brets. If not, please specify, and I'll see what advice I can give.

Against Brets: They get MR damsels, which affect the unit of knights they are in. 2 of these will go a long way against your casting. Then units of knights will just charge your army, and kill everything one by one. You need something fast, to marchblock, so you get more turns of casting. Furies or screamers might help.

A better strategy against Brets is fleeing from charges to set up flank charges.

Against Khorne: Khorne will destroy this army, cause they'll be better at fighting and resistant to magic. You need to outmanuever them. Your all cav or mixed armies would fair better.

I really think Tzeentch needs to play to its mobility. I think it is likely to get squished by total defense, and this has been borne out in the games that I played. You just don't get off enough spells before being charged. I think you would be better off adding some fast element for marchblocking/baiting charges, and then adding some chariots or something to flank units that hit you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, scratch this then...this was really born out of a want for a giant in an army.
    Mongol General: Conan, what is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

+ Reply to Thread