Chaos Ogres and Cavalry - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Chaos Ogres and Cavalry

So, here's my first stab at a Chaos version of my Ogres and Cavalry army. Originally fielded as DOW, this version is a little less shooty (no hot-pots) and a lot more CC (chariots). It is kinda weak in the character department, I'm wondering if this will matter. With my speed, do you think I can effectively avoid other characters? I'm going to be facing an orc infantry army that typically fields a black orc lord, 0 mages, lots of orc and goblin infantry, and a giant. Chaos Ogres need to be 4 wide to get ranks, correct?

Heros:
    Exalted Chmp: barded steed, gt wpn, helm of many eyes, crimson armor of dargan
    Sorcerer:lvl 2, barded steed, PS, spell familiar

Core:
    5*Marauder Horsemen: throwing axes, shields, M
    5*Chaos Knights: M
    5*Chaos Knights: M
    1*Chariot
    5*warhounds

Special:
    8*Chaos Ogres: hvy armor, shield, S/M/C
    10*Centigor: Shields, S/M/C
    5*Chaos Furies

Rare:
    4*Leadbelchers: M
    2*Spawn: Mark of Slaanesh

Thanks for the opinions!
    Koosh

Last edited by kooshlord; August 9th, 2006 at 03:04.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

FYI: I think I'm going to stick with DOW for the Ogre Cavalry for the time being.

Fluffwise: I like fielding an army that includes men, ogres and halflings, it is just fun! Also, it feels wrong NOT to include a killer lord in my Chaos forces, and I begrudge the points here. And I really like Maneaters, although spawn are probably cost effective as stallers. Basically, the fluff of the DOW ogre-cavalry army appeals to me more than the Chaos equivalent of the same

Gamingwise: I miss my anti-armor hot-pots in the chaos version, especially as I found out Leadbelchers still have to roll to-hit, not just to-wound. *sigh* So the leadbelchers probably get dropped from the Chaos version, I just don't think I can justify giving up Dragon Ogres for them. Also, I think Minotaurs (Nurgle, Khorne, or Slaanesh) would be a great addition. So the army moves more towards cavalry and lots of random monsters (ogres, minotaurs, spawn, centigors, furies, dragon ogres) and increasingly away from the simple Ogres and Cavalry that was the original intent.

However, if anyone has points for or against, please let me know. maybe you'll reinforce my opinion or change my mind. Look for an update to the list tonight if you're interested!

Koosh
    Last edited by kooshlord; August 9th, 2006 at 16:25.

+ Reply to Thread