khorne 2000 pts mortal- 1 demonic unit - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

khorne 2000 pts mortal- 1 demonic unit

Hero
    Exalted champion- choas steed, amulet of choas, great weapon, MoKhorne

Hero
    Exalted champion- axe of khorne, enchanted shield, great weapon, MoKhorne

Hero
    Exalted champion-soword of striking, enchanted shield, great weapon, MoKhorne

Core
    14x warriors- full command, shields, banner of rage, great weapons, MoKhorne,hand weapon

Core
    14x warriors- full command, shields, great weapons, MoKhorne,hand weapon

Core
    15x mauraders-full command shield and light armour

Core
    4x knights-full command, chosen, banner of rage, MoKhorne:w00t:

Core
    4x knights- MoKhorne

Core
    5x Warhounds

Core
    5x Warhounds

special
    8x furies

the 2 exalted champions go with warriors and the last exalted champion goes with the unchosen knights. the champion with the amulet is on the 50 x50 base the khorne lord gw model.

and help welcome

should i have a lord?:cry:
    to many marks? 7:yes:
    wrong wargear?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the unit sizes are for new rule ranks of 5!

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by O'sharan1
    the 2 exalted champions go with warriors and the last exalted champion goes with the unchosen knights. the champion with the amulet is on the 50 x50 base the khorne lord gw model.
    The army is powerful, but it'll never get in combat with a mobile opponent, so watch out for elves.

I think you'd do well to specialize your troops a bit more, by dropping either great weapons or shields you could start buying another support unit, maybe some fast-cav? Great weapons are probably better on bestigor of khorne, and certainly cheaper. or minotaurs of khorne. both can be found in the beasts book.

you can only have one banner of rage in an army. I'd give the knights a war banner, cause they'll probably never lose combat, and the warriors the banner of rage, as they might need it.

Also only 1 enchanted shield per army.

Good luck
    Koosh
    Last edited by kooshlord; September 6th, 2006 at 19:23.
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Major changes needed

Exalted champion- choas steed, amulet of choas, great weapon, MoKhorne
    Normal hero, although the Amulet is rather pointless, since if it kills the models he's in contact with, he'll have nothing to attack. Also, it's quite expensive for what it does. Bit of an indulgence you can't really afford with a chaos force.
    Exalted champion- axe of khorne, enchanted shield, great weapon, MoKhorne
    A great weapon is completely useless since you've already bought him the magical Axe of Khorne, which is must use in combat because it's a magic weapon (see page 152 of the 6th ed rulebook).
    Exalted champion-soword of striking, enchanted shield, great weapon, MoKhorne
    :hmm: Once again, the great weapon is redundant because he's got the Sword of Striking...

Plus, as someone's already said, the Enchanted Shield is a magic item and you can therefore only have one of them per army
    14x warriors- full command, shields, banner of rage, great weapons, MoKhorne,hand weapon
    14x warriors- full command, shields, great weapons, MoKhorne,hand weapon
    15x mauraders-full command shield and light armour
    Even without the new 5-wide per rank rule, a unit of 14 Warriors is much too small. They'll get little in the way of static combat resolution, and because they've got great weapons, they'll drop like flies and you'll lose combat regularly. The same applies with the 15 marauders, they'll be a little more resilient as you've chosen the best equipment for them, but to be effective 'anvils', they need to be in units of at least 20+.
    4x knights-full command, chosen, banner of rage, MoKhorne
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think that 325 points for a 4 wound unit is a bit much?!... :blink: Sure, they're still combat monsters, but lose one or two to shooting or combat and suddenly they become next to worthless...
    4x knights- MoKhorne
    I'm assuming these don't have full command, since you've listed it for the other ones, but not these. Instead of two units of questionable usefulness, why not make one unit of quite good usefulness by combining both units of knights into a single regiment.

I don't know how long you've been playing Chaos, or ever Warhammer, but there's a lot of changes that you could do to make a really good Khorne force. Check the other armies in this sub-forum for ideas.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch Lord
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think that 325 points for a 4 wound unit is a bit much?!... :blink: Sure, they're still combat monsters, but lose one or two to shooting or combat and suddenly they become next to worthless...
    ooh! ooh! pick me! I do, I do.

This is an excellent point. If your opponent has weapons that ignore armor, this unit is dust. I usually field small units of unmarked knights, as distractions and flankers. 1 big unit of chosen knights would be better, but remember you need 5 of them for a rank soon, so 9 models (with character for 10) will be a VERY expensive unit.

I think the units of 14 warriors assumed there would be a character in each for 15 total. But I agree that this is smallish, I usually field 20 warriors, and 25 marauders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure??

Hey there,

I could be wrong about this, but I could have sworn the "only one per army" thing only appied to "named" magical items, and not to generics (like enchanted sheield)

J

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x3)

I'm pretty sure that only one item applies to 'generic' magic items. In the bit of the 6th edition rules where it talks about 'common' magic items, there is some text about how this does not mean they are all over the place, but rather common to all armies...

Sorta silly to worry about it too much with 7th edition so close, but there you go.

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan
    I could be wrong about this, but I could have sworn the "only one per army" thing only appied to "named" magical items, and not to generics (like enchanted sheield)
    Sorry, it's true, the 'one per army' rule applies to all magic items, whether they are the common ones or the army specific ones. I can't see this changing with the new edition either. Although, as with everything, there are exceptions. You are allowed to to take multiples of Power Stones and Dispel Scrolls for your wizards, other than that, you cannot have any more than one of any other magic item.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D-oh!

Oh well...
    J

+ Reply to Thread