2000 balanced undivided, friendly with an eye for tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 balanced undivided, friendly with an eye for tournament

EDIT: Some point costs removed to respect GW copyright. ~DavidVC04

This is a list i have been tinkering with for a while. Because of money and time issues i havent been able to do much with warhammer for a while and i want to get back into it, and this is my chaos list. Hopefully it is quite balanced, with a solid core of infantry and good heavy and light support on the flanks, with the furies going mage/warmachine hunting. The Warhounds are for screening the knights and the warriors or the second unit can be for little flank attacks. Beast herd is screening/more mobile infantry.

Lord:
    Crom the Conquerer sword, axe, shield 230

Heroes:
    Exalted champ helm of many eyes 129
    great weapon

Sorcerer 2 dispel scrolls 135

Core:
    15 chaos warriors shield, FC 255

20 marauders flails, full command 145

23 marauders shield, light armour 186
    full command

5 chosen chaos knights standard, musician 280
    warbanner

5 warhounds

5 warhounds

5 marauder horse flails, full command 105

5 marauder horse flails, full command 105

Special:
    beast herd, 5 gors, 10 ungors gors w add.hand 110
    weapons, ungors with
    spears, full command

Tuskgor Chariot

Tuskgor Chariot

Rare:
    6 furies

If i wanted to convert this to a tournament i would take off crom (special character) and replace him with a relatively tooled up exalted champ and beef up some of the marauder unit and add some more upgrades.

thanks for any help
    turner

Last edited by DavidWC09; October 14th, 2006 at 06:51.
    "The Emperor our light and Faith our shield"
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE ANZAC CLAN

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a good list but you should mount your general and put him with the knights to make that unit a real killing machine. ditch the helm of many eyes its too risky to put him with any of ur units. and i find a unit of 5 screamers works really well to screen knights as they can use there slash attack opening the way for the knights to charge then the screamers can turn around a rear charge next turn. u can afford the screamers if u knock off the chariots and tone down your general to an exlated and ur exalted to an aspiring champion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... about mounting my general, im already worried about having to many eggs in one basket and that would take that to far in my opinion. the decision between screamers or furies and chariots or screamers... im still not sure about that. chariots r a bit of hard hitting action that this army might need although screamers are so much more versitile...anyone have any ideas on this dilemma?
    thanks
    turner

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Full command on horsemen is a waste. They are flankers, you should already have a unit with command in the fight, so the only thing the banner can accomplish is awarding points to the enemy if you flee combat.

also, furies are special, not rare.

Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, sorry with crom as general furies are rare. The point of the chosen is too not be flankers, they are hard hitting enough to take a unit on, although i would not take on a fully ranked up unit of ironbreakers or anything but they are meant to be able to (hopefully) put the pressure on, especially on the charge.

Also could some one help me with adjusting this army to fit the new edition?

thanks
    turner
    Last edited by turner; October 2nd, 2006 at 10:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x3)

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize Crom rearranged the special and rare choices. I don't usually use named characters...

I wasn't referring to your chosen knights, but your marauder horsemen with flails. I think they should not have banners, as they won't be able to stand against a ranked unit without extreme luck.

For the new edition, You just have to remember to field ranks 5 wide. Also, if you found the points somewhere, you could mount your HoME Ex Champ. He can join infantry units while mounted without being targeted now, and so he could be a little more armored and nasty. And if the cav needed a boost against anything, he could join them without slowing them down!

Where does Crom go? Why 23 marauders? If you wanted to bulk up that unit, you could save a few points by replacing your sorcerer with a bray-shaman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot, thats very helpful.

Sorry i miss read your comments, hope i didnt sound 2 accusatory. Regarding the marauder horsemen the logic behind the command was if i come up again an other small flanking unit.... or a warmachine crew or something of the sort. But for the points i do agree with you (i still have no idea about how i should kit out my horsemen, either throwing axes or flails).

The idea of the mounted Ex Champ is great... just a follow up question to that, as the mounted characters have a longer base, does that mean that the character counts as a model in the first and second rank, allowing you to have 1 less model in the unit to still get full ranks? If this is the case, the mount would be essentially free as i could lose another chaos warrior and still have full ranks.

ok ill change the list... hopefully its better
    Last edited by turner; October 3rd, 2006 at 09:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord:
    Crom the Conquerer sword, axe, shield 230

Heroes:
    Exalted champ helm of many eyes 145
    great weapon, mounted

Bray Shaman 2 dispel scrolls 125

Core:
    14 Chaos warriors shield, FC 240 Crom here

20 Marauders flails, full command 145

24 Marauders shield, light armour 183 Exalted Champ here
    full command

5 Chosen Chaos Knights standard, musician 280
    warbanner

5 Warhounds 30

5 Warhounds 30

5 Marauder horse flails, musician 81

5 Marauder horse flails, musician 81

Special:
    Beast Herd, 7 gors, 14 ungors gors w add.hand 140
    weapons, ungors with
    spears, full command

Tuskgor Chariot 85

Tuskgor Chariot 85

Rare:
    8 Furies 120 still not sure on the numbers here because i think i would need some leway for shooting... they wont b able to stand up to a unit of handgunners with much of a lower number... am i wrong in believing this?

Just a few minor changes, increased furie size to 10 mounted the exalted champ and took of standard and champ for the horsemen
    is this list better or worse than the other one?
    thanks
    turner

omg sorry about the double post!
    Last edited by turner; October 4th, 2006 at 08:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by turner View Post
    Thanks a lot, thats very helpful.
    Sorry i miss read your comments, hope i didnt sound 2 accusatory.
    You're quite welcome, and no problem!

The mounted base does let you displace a guy from two different ranks, so you can have 1 fewer model. The extra points can go to bulking up the beast herd.

For the marauder horsemen, throwing axes are quite fun, but not really that damaging. I usually take them, because I hate night goblin fanatics, and they are the only unit that can attack those. Also, when march-blocking, its fun to toss a few axes, especially since the new fast-cav rules allow you to throw on the turn you recover from a voluntary flee move... I usually kit mine out with throwing axes, spears and shields, just so they survive a bit longer as a flanking unit in CC. I often end up fighting something that lasts a few turns (dwarves, stubborn units) and find the extra armor invaluable. If you are using them to attack other fast cav, flails are probably the better choice, as you want to overwhelm those immediately.

The only thing I would change about the list is drop the furies back down to 6, and reinforce the beast herd with the spare points. Furies are not really a unit you want to be taking casualties with, they are too expensive, and fairly fragile. I'd rather bulk up the beast herd to take hits and still retain static CR, and concentrate on manuevering the furies so they aren't shot at for more than 1 turn. they should only really be attacking war machines, and weakish fast-cav or skirmishers anyway.

Hope it helps!
    Koosh
    Last edited by kooshlord; October 3rd, 2006 at 16:45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, im now relatively happy with this army, thanks for the help. Just a few final questions, what armies would i struggle against and what armies would i do well against?

thanks for the help so far
    turner

+ Reply to Thread