Army of nurgle what do you think about it?!2250 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army of nurgle what do you think about it?!2250 points

2250 Pts - Chaos Army No Name

Chaos Lord
    Mark of Nurgle; ; Chaos Armour; Shield
    Gaze of the Gods
    Chaos Runesword
    Daemonic Mount

Exalted Chaos Champion 1 158
    Mark of Nurgle; Flail; Chaos Armour; Barding
    Chaos Steed 1

Exalted Chaos Champion 1152
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; ; Chaos Armour
    Daemonic Mount

Bray Shaman 1 125
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; Magic Level 1;
    2 Dispel Scrolls

Chaos Knights of Decay 6 258
    Mark of Nurgle; Barding; Heavy Armour; Shield; Musician

Chaos Knights of Decay 6 258
    Mark of Nurgl; Barding; Heavy Armour; Shield; Musician;

Chosen Chaos Knights 4 275
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; Barding; Chosen Unit; Shield; Standard; Musician,
    Chaos Warhounds 5 30

Chaos Warhounds 5 30

Chaos Warhounds 10 60

Chaos Furies 7 105

Chaos Chariot 120

Tuskgor Chariot 85

Tuskgor Chariot 85

Tuskgor Chariot 85
    Total Army Cost: 2239 Pts.
    Notes:
    Casting Pool: 3
    Dispel Pool: 3
    Models in Army: 55

Lord goes in unit of hounds and cant be shot at and has outnumbe!!!!!!!!!!!What do you think i'm open for all suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!1

-Removed item descriptions and point costs

Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Last edited by Wolf_Pack; October 17th, 2006 at 04:00.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Lord 1 4 8/9 3 5/6 5 3/4 8 5/6 9 3+ 4+ 1 413
    Mark of Nurgle; Lord has +1 Wo (in profile) and causes Fear; General; Units within 12" may use General's Leadership; Chaos Armour; Shield
    Gaze of the Gods
    Chaos Runesword +1 WS, +1 At, +1 St [70]
    Daemonic Mount 1 [5o]
    This is a bit disorganized and difficult to read, try to look at it objectively and see if you can figure it all out. Some information is automatic, and can be found in the rulebook, like the general's LD aura ability. These details should already be known to anyone with feedback to offer, and should be exempted from your list. A better way to list the above would be:

Chaos Lord - 413
    MoN, Shield, Gaze of the Gods, Chaos Runesword, Daemonic Mount, General.

See how much better it is? Clean it up and I'll galdly comment on the comment

Lasty, this should be in the Army List section of the Forum, reachable through a link at the top of the HoC main page. I assume a mod will eventually move it there.
    Last edited by Khorne Lord; October 17th, 2006 at 03:22.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Many things don't work in your army.

When counting outnumbering for fear, you count all the models that cause fear. The hounds don't, so your lord won't outnumber much.

Where will your undivided champion go? he cannot join any of the knights, as they have different marks.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much tidier, thanks Wolf.

Ok, what Wolf_Pack says applies. I can see what you wanted, but sometimes the rules get in the way of our best intentions. If you want units to go together, it's best to mark them the same in a chaos army, so they can go together. When the outnumbered by fear casuing enemy rule comes into play, only the units that cause fear are counted, leaving you with US 4 and, well, not outnumbering anything. The hounds will only make him part of a bigger (and more awkward) unit, since they won't add to his combat much.

I assume the Undivided cahmp goes with the Undivided chosen, Wolf, but It's really not a fantastic idea in the first place to load 400+ points into one block. You've got about 800 points loaded into your heroes, which is frankly alot. And no chaos cavalry army is worth its salt without Marauder Horsemen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, i wanted to place lord in hounds soo he cant be shot at and i go for mark of nurgle because i like 1 more W.As for fear dont i look at outnumbering at the end of combat and i doubt that i want have it after i crash whith almost anything.There is 1 mistake i thought that i could place bought ex. champs in nurgle knights can i or not?
    And can someone send me his list of cavalry in 2250 points i need it for turnament!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also thought to place maybe chaos lord on dragon and to leave out 1 ex champ,whats better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got... 6 words for you on that last suggestion

All your eggs in one basket.

You're talking about putting about 1/4 of your army on one stand, which will beg your opponent to shoot at him. A couple of cannonballs later and the dynamic duo is ashes, and the 200 points he spent on the artillery isn't even done for the battle.

Warhounds aren't that tough, they'll be toast in seconds. The only reason you can use them disposably is because they're so inexpensive - add a lord and they become worth shooting at.

Characters in chaos must go in a unit with a mark to match, so the undivided champ can only go with undivided knights/warriors.

And you won't have outnumberign fear by the end of combat with only a Lord and warhounds attacking and US 4 of fear causers.

Infact, the lone fear-causing ability will hardly ever come into play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what you think that insted of 1 ex. champ and bray shaman i place 1 ex.deamon wuth dispell scroll and that thing that re-roll missed attacks?Could you please make some nurgle cav. list that in your opinion could do something on turnament?!PLEASE!

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

I don't think a nurgle cavalry list is likely to do very well in a tournament. You could get an exhalted daemon of nurgle with an additional wound, and minotaurs of nurgle with better armor. I'd leave the rest of your cavalry undivided, cause they are such small expensive units that they are unlikely to outnumber anything, and you pay a lot of points for nothing, essentially. Maybe one marked unit to charge enemy cavalry, but that's it.

I'd look at Centigors from the Beasts list, and invest in some marauder horsemen to distract bits of the enemy army you don't want to face.

Or you could just go all chariots like you are, basically. But it is a one-trick army, and if you face much terrain, you could smash yourself up...
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

+ Reply to Thread