2000pt Tzeentch list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

2000pt Tzeentch list

Hello all.

I have never played with Chaos before, but thought about creating a Tzeentch army for a battle. My cousin is letting me borrow his army to see what I like, so let me know:

Lords

Chaos Lord of Tzeentch: 444pts
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Armour of Damnation
    Gaze of the Gods
    Helm of Many Eyes
    Great Weapon

Heroes

Exhalted Daemon of Tzeentch: 350pts
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Diabolic Splendor
    Soul Hunger

Core

14 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch: 260pts
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Shields
    Full Command

24 Marauders: 193pts
    Light Armour
    Shield
    Full Command

Light Armour
    Shield
    Full Command

6 Warhounds

6 Warhounds

6 Warhounds

Special

20 Beast Herd: 151pts
    12 Gors
    8 Ungors
    Full Command

12 Gors
    8 Ungors
    Full Command

5 Furies

5 Furies

Points 2000pts

PD: 9
    DD: 5

I didn't want to go to magic heavy. The army is quite fast moving with plenty of screens, as well as a daemon with a bit of punch and a unit of chaos warriors that should get through most units with the Lord at the front.

Let me know :ninja:

New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Now this is not a bad list at all. It is not everyday that you see an effective Tzeench list and this appears to be one of those. I would suggest increasing the size of the marauders to 25 strong though as this will increase their survivability especially with ranks needing to be 5 wide to count for combat resolution.
    I would drop the greatweapon and helm of many eyes on the lord though as this combo is really only effective with the mark of chaois undivided where you can re-roll the stupidity test.
    I would recommend taking the sword of battle and the enchanted shield giving your chaos lord five S6 at I8 and a 2+ armour save. This level of protection is more than adequate for you chaos lord so you can drop the gaze of the gods and buy some more warriors or marauders.
    Otherwise it is a good list.
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; October 24th, 2006 at 13:57.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

The only reason that the Marauder units are 24 strong is because they can be 6 wide, but you appear to have a point with the 25 strong?

What should I drop. I suppose I could get rid of a unit of warhounds and put in 1 more marauder and possibly a spell familar on my Lord?
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

I have edited my above post with recomendations for the lord. The above suggestions have been the result of personal experience. I would also recommend giving the lord a dispell scroll.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Chaos Lord of Tzeentch: 444pts
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Armour of Damnation
    Gaze of the Gods
    Helm of Many Eyes
    Great Weapon
    Very bad idea to have all of these items (except the armour) on such an expensive model. If he fails is stupidity test and fluffs all his attacks, you'll have a 400+ point lord devolve into a 60 point Spawn. Do you really want to risk that?! It's an item combination for noob Khorne players only...
    I'd go with Jared's idea of the Sword of Battle and the Enchanted Shield, but being a Lord of Tzeentch, you should also take the Staff of Change. What with the all new, extra specially deadly miscast table, he's going to need as much miscast avoidance as possible.
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Diabolic Splendor
    Soul Hunger
    Not sure about this Daemon, I've never used any daemon characters before (mainly because they can't join mortal units). Let me know how well he does. The only thing I'd say about him is don't forget that he can't win fights against units! Use his flight and terror abilities to spread chaos at the back of the enemy lines, and use him to take out war machines and wizards.
    14 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch: 260pts
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Shields
    Full Command

Light Armour
    Shield
    Full Command

Light Armour
    Shield
    Full Command
    Excellent core choices, although the Chaos Warriors look a bit thin on the ground, I'd beef their numbers to at least 17, possibly 20 if you can. With 17 you'd have 2 full ranks and a couple of spares to absorb casualties while still keeping the rank bonus.
    12 Gors
    8 Ungors
    Full Command

12 Gors
    8 Ungors
    Full Command
    These guys are always fun, but don't just think of them as meat shields (that's what your hounds are for). Beastmen are excellent at surprise flank/rear charges, many people (in my experience) forget that they can charge in any direction and get caught out when they move past them to attack some other unit. Keep them on the flanks of your army and use them to get rid of fast cavalry and enemy skirmishers (beastmen get rank bonuses, enemy skirmishers don't!).
    5 Furies
    5 Furies
    Bit of an error here, Furies are a 0-1 unit, you can't take two units of them. So why not take one unit of Furies and one unit of Screamers? No Tzeentch army is complete without Screamers!
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

262 (x7)

Thank you very much for all of your comments.

I have made some modifications. Please let me know what you think :ninja:

Lords

Chaos Lord of Tzeentch: 445pts
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Staff of Change
    Sword of Might
    Enchanted Shield

Heroes

Mark of Tzeentch
    Diabolic Splendor
    Soul Hunger

Core

19 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch: 335pts
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Shields
    Full Command

20 Marauders: 165pts
    Light Armour
    Shield
    Full Command

20 Marauders: 165pts
    Light Armour
    Shield
    Full Command

6 Warhounds

6 Warhounds

6 Warhounds

Special

21 Beast Herd: 155pts
    12 Gors
    9 Ungors
    Full Command

21 Beast Herd: 155pts
    12 Gors
    9 Ungors
    Full Command

8 Furies

Points 1998pts

PD: 9
    DD: 5
    Last edited by gingerninja; October 24th, 2006 at 14:49.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

With this revision I would drop the exalted daemon from the list. Change him to an exalted champion with handweapon, shield, mark of Tzeench, eye of Tzeench and Disc of Tzeench.
    You will get a Level 2 sorcerer who can make a flying move, has a 3+ armour save, a 3+ ward save against shooting and US4, all for the price of 247pts.
    With the remaining points you can increase the marauders back to 25 strong and bring the chaos warriors up to 20 strong. Remember that as powerful as your characters are it is your infantry that are going to win you the battles.
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; October 24th, 2006 at 16:45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

262 (x7)

I quite like that idea, but I would like to try the daemon first. The terror against armies could be quite useful, as well as his rerolling attacks.

But I will try that too. :ninja:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

To be honest terror is an overated, one shot weapon. If it works, it works very well, especially against low leaderhip armies like skaven and goblins. However most of the time it fails to cause that much of a dent in your opponants army, especially if the general is still alive.
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; October 24th, 2006 at 17:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

terror

i think under the new rules terror is awesome for causing cross fire effect with the flyers if positioned right and you should give the deamon the blade of the ether which makes hom great for flanking small cavalry units- your 4 attacks on 3s to hit then 2s/3s to kil- sounds good to me. also mean he can be combined with marauders/ warriors to break cavalry.

+ Reply to Thread