2000 point slaanesh army. Me be N00b! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point slaanesh army. Me be N00b!

EDIT: Sorry, can you move this mods? I couldn't get it in the sub forum. It said I had no tags?

EDIT: UGHH, I never read rules. I removed the points. I forgot about pirating.

I don't play much and I've created a 2000 point army list for slaanesh.

Characters

Lord- slaanesh, steed of slaanesh, pendant of slaanesh, blade of blood, enchanted shield - I want him to be backed up. He usually flees before he dies. Should I switch the steed for a horse?

Exalted- slaanesh, g weapon, helm of many eyes- should I make him undivded so I can take 2 stupid tests? This is a chariot smasher or warmachine smasher! Should he

Exalted- slaanesh, berserker sword, chariot -

Core

15 warriors- Slaanesh, rapterous standard

5 chosen knights- Slaanesh

14 marauders-

14 marauders-
    1 Chariot -slaanesh

Special

10 Furies-

Rare

1 Hellcannon -Spell breaker

total 1901pts.
    62 models plus the Hellcannon and Crew

I've also found my Hellcannon to only be mildly useful. When I used it against tomb kings, I first missed the Hirophant, then I hit him but he got his ward save. I did kill 3 guys with it though. Then it committed suicide. Should I use it in Close combat since it does pwn in CC or should I use its ranged?

Also what to do with the remaining 99 pts.

Possible uses
    1. give knights champion and standard bearer =
    give each warrior a shield=
    add 1 maurader to each unit =
    give each mar unit a standard bearer =
    have 1 more warrior part of the warrior unit

2 .give warriors halberds=
    add 1 marauder to each unit
    give each marauder unit a standard bearer
    give chariot smasher THE steed of slaanesh, and give lord a barded steed (or should I just add an extra steed of slan)
    add shield to champ in chariot with berserker sword
    add 1 marauder and 1 warrior

3.add 1 maurader to each unit
    make warriors chosen

4. aspiring champion slaanesh, join chaos warriors?

5. exalted champion undivided, join marauders?

Thanks for the feedback!!!!

only 2 is 2000 points or less
    1,3,4,5 are all over 2000. Within 5 points. Is this a problem

Last edited by coppero1237; November 26th, 2006 at 22:53. Reason: I posted this in the wrong forum, and I meant tags, not topics

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Overall it is not too bad a list, and believe me I have seen worse but there is definate room for improvement. Here are a few tips for you. If I have missed anything some other reknown chaos generals such as Kooshlord, Khorne Lord and Tzeench Lord will also lend their seasoned advice.

Hellcannon/Marauders- I would definately drop the hellcannon and bulk up the size of your marauder units to at least 25 with full command. It is your infantry that will win you battles but not if they are too small to do the job.

Chaos warriors- The Rapturous standard is not a bad piece of kit, especially on WS5 chaos warriors, just make sure that your warriors do not get charged. You most definately want to give the warriors shields as they will live longer this way in both combat and shooting.

Chariot- I would buy a second chariot of slannesh to support the first using them in concert with each other so that they both charge the same unit.

Hounds- Buy some chaos hounds. Concentrated firepower is the bane of chaos armies, especially when playing dwarfs or empire. You really want to make sure that your units survive long enough to reach combat by screening them with cheap expendible units. Three units of 6 hounds will do this job for you nicely.

Knights- I personally do not like using chosen knights in units of less than 8.
    However the configuration you are using makes these knights very usefull as flank chargers. Do not worry too much about buying a champion and standard bearer but buy a musician as this will be necessary if you have to rally them.

Characters- I would drop the exalted champion in a chariot and replace him with a sorcerer of chaos with the mark of chaos undivided and a dispell scroll. Though the Lore of Slaanesh although is bloody usefull, the spells generally require more than 2 dice to cast effectively. Not onluy that with an undivided sorcerer you will have 3 lores to choose from instead of being restricted to one.

In regards to the exalted champion with the helm of many eyes I would definately give him the mark of chaos undivided and put him in one of the marauder units so that he can reduce the number of attacks coming your way before your opponant can attack.

Your general is going to be a firepower magnet, I would put him on foot in one of the marauder units as his steed can be killed quite easily, however the model is great and you seem set on having him so I would give him Sword of Battle, Enchanted shield and Gaze of the Gods and then make sure you get him into combat asap where he should be a lot safer.

Hope this helps. JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; November 27th, 2006 at 14:30.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interestin

What you've said is interesting. I've heard a lot about hounds and I think I'll get some. But my Hell cannon I bought specifically for this, and if I don't use it, that would be annyoing. However it rocks in combat against little things since T7=S3not working. So if I can find any S3 or lower I'll use it to attack them, since it can't be hurt. Plus with Spew ichor and its ranged it rocks. I'm too much in love with it to give it up. However, putting in a few spawn to help hold off some enemies while the infantry catches up is pretty inviting of course with 3D6" its a little hard to know.

I'll buy the musician for the knights cause the run away so many times, and stay away from the banner. But the marauders I'm still nervous about. I would rather add more chaos warriors because of the 5+ armor (included), ability to be marked and the S4 T4 but I'll try your wat.I made a new list, with your suggestions. But I really would like to have halberds instead of shields, since they are only attacked on a 5 if WS<5 and a 4 if WS>4 (lol but its true) and attack on a 3 except WS9 and 10 (the warriors sound like a character killer).

I don't play much and I've created a 2000 point army list for slaanesh.

Characters

Lord- slaanesh, steed , pendant of slaanesh, blade of blood, enchanted shield 316 -I want him to be with the knights. I like them to be a power house capable of crushing infantry

Exalted- slaanesh, g weapon, steed of slaanesh- 164 pts. -this is my chariot killer since it has a movement surpassing any chariot, so it gets charge and can kill chariots with one blow!

Exalted- slaanesh, berserker sword, shield, chariot -162, this is for crushing cavalry since he can get a lot of extra attacks (1 per unit in contact!) and other things.

Core

15 warriors- Slaanesh, rapterous standard shields musician 313 pts.

5 chosen knights w/musician- Slaanesh 255 pts

25 marauders w/full command-150 pts

25 marauders w/full command- 150 pts

1 Chariot -slaanesh

Special

10 warhounds
    is it worth 2 groups of 5 or 1 group of 10?

Rare

1 Hellcannon -Spell breaker 295 pts. (you can find the points online anyway)

total 2000 pts.

82 models plus the Hellcannon and Crew

I've also found my Hellcannon to only be mildly useful. When I used it against tomb kings, I first missed the Hirophant, then I hit him but he got his ward save. I did kill 3 guys with it though. Then it committed suicide. Should I use it in Close combat since it does pwn in CC or should I use its ranged?

I also removed the furies for warhounds as they are cheaper and I think possibly better, except for their low leadership I don't care about the fear causing. I usually play undead as Slaanesh so I never deal with psychology. (I guess I could stick my general near, since they might be a screen and a hold for the knights). Would it work to charge a unit with the hounds, and position the knights for a flank, then crush the entire unit? to then move on.

Also since I have 5 points I don't know what to do with, of course I can't say anything since I would reveal point costs. Maybe add a 5 point model, if you know the name don't say it just say add a 5 point model? Or give the exalted with the gweapon a shield so he can defend against arrows. Or should I add a 6 point model and be 1 point over? Maybe I should take away the enchanted shield since the guy now has a 0+ armor save (you can find that online) and give him a normal shield? Maybe I should give him a talisman of protection? What do you suggest?
    Thanks for the feedback!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

Sorry, can you move this mods? I couldn't get it in the sub forum. It said I had no tags?
    done
    UGHH, I never read rules. I removed the points. I forgot about pirating.
    no problem, at least you realised before it was too late

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, I'm not sure how to manuvure my army

I find a hard time using a lot of guys. If anybody has read ender's game, I'm like Bean as I can use a small amount of guys to a good affect but my mind can't process all all of the units. I've tried to devise a plan for how to use all of my guys but I need some help, so here it is

Chariot and Champion in chariot-Kill cavalry. I get an attack for each model in contact (since each cavalry has 2 unit strength) and I can cause impact hits if I'm good (well not really but I hope).

Guy on Steed of slaan-Kill chariots. I can get the charge, cause fear, kill with one attack since I got S7. When he kills the chariots he can go after war machines, monsters and characters I guess. Nothing with ranks though, he might break.

Warhounds- screen the knights and possibly allow the knights to get a flank charge?

Knights and General-hmm, these guys can do a lot. Flank charge other units that are in combat, kill characters since got the firepower. Kill monsters, and yeah.

Warriors-go after infantry and characters? I've spent a lot of points but I don't know where they should go.

Marauders-I don't really know? I guess they could back up the chariot and warriors, I'm betting they can help the knights get good combat resolution, if the knights don't break on contact which they should, . Please help me.

Hellcannon-anything with S3 or less. Can't be hurt. Shoot at other warmachines and other things.

In short, I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT TACTICS, ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE ARE LOTS (more than 2) OF UNITS.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Yeah I've read Enders game. I've also read the Enders Shadow series.

The key to using chaos with larger units is actually very simple, use them in the same way you would with the smaller units.
    The real trick with chaos, indeed with any elite army, is getting your infantry into favourable combats, preferably one on one, where their combat supiriority will ensure the enemy will more than likely lose.
    By removing support units such as skirmishers, firepower units, artilery and light cavalry you gain a significant advantage over your opponant forcing them to fight on your terms ie: Close combat.

Now this is not always going to be easily done and you will have a tougher time against some armies than you will with others but with practice and a knowledge of what the different unit types you have avaliable from the chaos list are good at these tricks should easily be learned.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what I was thinking is when fighting a big unit, using my marauders to hold them still (and possibly do some damage) then have my knights bring up the flank. The marauders can also help break the enemy by simply attacking a unit with my knights or warriors and then having the marauders hit the flank. The 6 added combat bonus should help somewhat. But my first usage sounds like what you do with a spawn and the 2nd sounds like what my knights do. I think they are super useful, but I'd like some context (and probably experience)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by coppero1237 View Post
    what I was thinking is when fighting a big unit, using my marauders to hold them still (and possibly do some damage) then have my knights bring up the flank. The marauders can also help break the enemy by simply attacking a unit with my knights or warriors and then having the marauders hit the flank. The 6 added combat bonus should help somewhat. But my first usage sounds like what you do with a spawn and the 2nd sounds like what my knights do. I think they are super useful, but I'd like some context (and probably experience)
    You are better served with the first idea, using the marauders to hold up the enemy and then have the knights or even both of the chariots smash into the flank (You need a US5 or more unit to negate ranks that is why I say both of them. Plus you will do more damage.). With a character leading the marauders the combat will swing in your favour.

Spawn are better used to pin a unit for a turn or two as they will not last much longer than that against a large/powerful enough unit. The most effective use of them is to block a flank charge on your infantry units.
    I my experience I have found Fiends of Slaanesh and Bloodbeasts the most effective spawn and as a rule are much more usefull if you take more than one.
    I myself have 2 spawn in my army and use them pin my enemies in place until I can bring either my marauder horsemen, chariots of Slaanesh or shaggoth (Depending on the size of the battle) to hit the flank.

Hope this helps. JvK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well knights have 2 unit strength per model, so I only need 3, plus I'm putting my general with them. I'll see where I can put a hero with the marauders but I have one in the chariot (to kill cavalry), one on a steed of slaan to kill chariots and My general with the knights. I really can't see where I can pick up lost points. I'll try to play with your strategies once I get the marauders (3 whole boxes!) and a box of warhounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would get rid of one unit of Marauders and have two units of warriors. at least 25 strong with full command. Or even split the marauders and use them as shields for the warriors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast