2000pt Slaanesh mortals (With Big Daemon Leader!!) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

2000pt Slaanesh mortals (With Big Daemon Leader!!)

Hello all,

I have a friendly game coming up in a couple of weeks and I thought I would try a army I have never tried before. So I thought I would try a Slaaneshi Chaos army for poops and giggles. Let me know if this is any good.

Lords

Daemon Prince of Slaanesh: 585pts
    Lv4 Mage
    Master of Mortals
    Diabolic Splendor
    Soporific Musk
    Blade of the Ether

Heroes

Sorceror: 190pts
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Power Familiar

Bray Shaman: 151pts
    Chaos Armour
    Dispel Scroll

Core

19 Chaos Warrior of Slaanesh: 335pts
    Shields
    Full Command

24 Marauders: 193pts
    Light Armour
    Shield
    Full Command

24 Marauders: 193pts
    Light Armour
    Shield
    Full Command

6 Warhounds

6 Warhounds

Special

20 Beast Herd: 151pts
    Full Command
    12 Gors (with additional hand weapons)
    8 Ungors

9 Furies

Total: 2005pts (They won't mind this)
    PD: 11
    DD: 7 + 1 Scroll

:ninja: out

New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Looks like a good outline for the army, but a few of the specifics strike me as odd.

First, I'm assuming both of your heroes are lvl2, although it isn't listed. otherwise your PD total confuses me. Why aren't they BOTH bray-shamans with bray-staffs?

I don't think the warriors of slaanesh are gonna cut it. with only 1 attack, they don't dish out the damage, and static CR is much cheaper in other forms. A couple units of knights would be more effective, or make a smaller chosen unitor warriors, or something...

why 24 marauders? why not 25?

9 furies strikes me as kind of a wierd number. 5-6 will outnumber all warmachine crews, and 9 won't outnumber any normal missle infantry (except after you kill things...). Plus the unit gets pretty expensive then...

Finally if you want to save a few points on the beast-herd, include more ungors and fewer gors. Course then you need ungor models from somewhere...

Hope it helps!
    Koosh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, I don't like the way you equipped the Daemon Prince, I think he is alot more useful with the Aura of Slaanesh and gaze of Aquiscience over Musk and Splendour. He is going to be striking first anyways so there isnt much use in lowering an enemy's initiative. And since his WS is so high he is still hit on the same result if the enemies WS is halved(unless it is above 7). With gaze he is less likely to be hit and this is further enhanced by the effect of the Aura of slaanesh, which also makes it more likely for the enemy to run when he comes near or attacks. Your DP becomes a huge psychological weapon with Aura.

What you could also try is using an exalted Daemon instead of the prince and making the sorcerer the general, you have already spent almost half your point on characters. This should free up some points to add some heavy hitters to your army such as Dogres, Minos or chariots.

+ Reply to Thread