A 2000 point Tzeentch Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 2000 point Tzeentch Army List

Pretty please don't post points/model. this violates GW copyright. Thanks,
    -Koosh

This is going to be my primary Chaos Army. I happen to of taken a major liking to Tzeentch (didn't really fancy Slaanesh at the time), mostly because all of their Sorcerers are Champions.

Now here's the list:

~Lord~

"Lord of Tzeentch" {490}
    - Sword of Change, Shield, Chaos Armour, Mirror of Knowledge
    - Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch

~Hero~

"Aspiring Champion of Tzeentch" {168}
    - Battle Standard, Shield, Chaos Armour
    - Mark of Tzeentch, Chaos Steed

~Core~

"20x Chaos Warriors" {420}
    - Halberds, Shields, Heavy Armour, Full Command
    - Mark of Tzeentch

"5x Chaos Knights" {235}
    - Hand Weapons, Shields, Heavy Armour, Full Command
    - Mark of Tzeentch, Chaos Steeds (Aspiring CHampion of Tzeentch)

"20x Chaos Marauders" {145}
    - Flails, Full Command

"2x 5 Chaos Warhounds"

~Special~

"20x Horrors"
    "12x Chaos Furies"

Total Points Cost: 1998
    Total Power Dice: 10
    Total Dispel Dice: 8

The Army feels pretty small, but should compensate for this with Might of Magic and cunning - Tzeentch's greatest weapon.
    The Lord will be heading right into combat (perhaps even issue challenges if chance comes, and boosting my ranks with fresh Chaos Spawn if the slain foes morph) but not that fast if the enemy army has loads of shooting weapons, Handguns in particular cause they can grind through armour in a single round (he's twice as vulnerable now that he's on that Disc, but I may let him fly over at a flank of a ranged unit about 24" or so away, and see if he makes any response to that). This is where the Chaos Warhounds come in, by screening the Chaos Warriors and Knights. The Marauders I'm not too certain of; they'll find a spot in Tzeentch's plans one way or another, else I'll just swap them for Marauder Horsemen. The Standard Bearer will be joining the Chaos Knights, but that just means I have to be really heck-bent on keeping the whole regiment alive (I'll even whiz in the Furries if need be, hold them off for a round or two of combat then take off and leave them barred for charging - and that's if they get within 14" and are within the Knights' line of sight). The Chaos Warriors will be staying near the Horrors unit in case the opponent sends troops straight for them (they'd be able to drive them off if they're weak leadership units like Goblins or Clanrats, but would be grinding Zombies and Skeletons right into the dirt). The Horrors themselves will using their Tzeentch Fire to add some shooting (if they're not reduced to below 16 models, then they should be able to land plenty of tough shots on the opposition once they have a clear shot at them). And if I'm not going to be using my Chaos Furies for protecting my Knights, then they'll just take off after enemy War Machines, lone wizards, or units trying to pull off a sneaky flank attack.

Overall, this should be solid enough for some (if not most) of my battles against Greenskins, Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings, and perhaps Skaven too (provided I'm not going to face 5 or so Jezzails Pointing straight at me).

Last edited by Nakkai_the_Wanderer; April 3rd, 2007 at 23:19.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Nakkai_the_Wanderer View Post
    "12x Chaos Furries"
    Teehee. Those daemons sure are furry.

Sword of change? is this a real weapon? or did you mean staff of change? If you are worried about shooting (and you should be) that lord would be a lot happier with a golden eye or gaze of the gods.

I like that you've included the mirror, I think it's invaluable for avoiding nasty magic items. But I'd put it on the BSB to make room on the Lord.

You seem to imply that furies will hold units up for a turn or so. Remember, they get no static CR, and are likely to fail daemonic instability if they lose combat. So they are unlikely to prevail in CC against anything but weak skirmishers, war machines, lines of missle troops, and OCCASIONALLY fast cavalry. If you charge something nastier, they fight to the death, and the death will be very fast. I'd trim the unit down to 5-6 and add some marauder horsemen, who can march-block and charge-bait without automatically dying.

Other than that, the list looks prettty good. Good hunting.
    -Koosh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sword of change only works against characters, best if you use a staff of change to help you cast and dispel.
    the units look good, but use shields on the marauders or they'll be dead in mere seconds.
    And don't use horrors unless you created them as the spell. Or atleast a smaller unit.
    I also advice you to use the blasted standard with your chaos warriors, a 5+ wardsave is nice with a large unit size.
    Also a chaos chariot of Tzeentch is nice combat support and extra power dice.

http://www.animaro.com ^
    I..want..my..TACO'S!!-GIR
    Can i be a mangoos?-GIR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sword of Change is a weapon, whereas the Staff of Change isn't; it's just an Arcane item, and if it's used to make a successful cast with irresistible force then it can't be used for the rest of the battle.

I'm not really fond of the chariot. It just isn't me, even if it does provide a mighty punch (then again I might scrap the Horrors for a pair of them, or just add in some Dragon Ogres once I scrap the Furies).

The revised list:

~Lord~

"Lord of Tzeentch" {493}
    - Staff of Change, Shield, Chaos Armour, Golden Eye of Tzeentch
    - Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch

~Hero~

"Aspiring Champion of Tzeentch" {168}
    - Battle Standard, Shield, Chaos Armour
    - Mark of Tzeentch, Chaos Steed

~Core~

"20x Chaos Warriors" {470}
    - Halberds, Shields, Heavy Armour, Full Command
    - Mark of Tzeentch, Blasted Standard

"6x Chaos Knights" {268}
    - Hand Weapons, Shields, Heavy Armour, Full Command
    - Mark of Tzeentch, Chaos Steeds (Aspiring CHampion of Tzeentch)

"20x Chaos Marauders" {145}
    - Hand Weapons, Shields, Full Command

2x "5x Chaos Warhounds"

2x "5x Marauder Horsemen" {172 altogether}
    - Spears, Shields, Musician

2x "Chaos Chariot"
    - Halberds, Barded, Scythed Wheels
    - Mark of Tzeentch

Total Points Cost: 1991
    Total Power Dice: 14
    Total Dispel Dice: 8

Decided to drop the daemons entirely and focus on hard-hitting power (though the daemons won't be gone forever, cause I'll use them in some other army lists), hence why Chariots are in this force - but I didn't post their cost. Marauder Horsemen have been added, and the Chaos Marauder unit has been fixed up with Hand Weapons and Shields.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Lord looks good now, however your warrior unit is horrendously expensive. Your BSB and lord are all very fast, your warriors will be left in the dust without anyone to help their psychology. Also in terms of winning combat your marauders can do it very well for a third of the cost(you should give your existing marauders light armor btw). What you could try is blocks 10 of warriors, no command and great weapons, marked with tzeentch of course. Add another unit of marauders(20 marauders if you can afford it) and 2 units of these. The great weapon warriors can slam into the flank of anything that charges your marauders while still generating power dice(you get 1 more PD this way)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the stuff i wanted to say has already been said, apart from two ket points.

1. On the warrior unit, take off the champion. Its too many points just for one extra attack, so just take another warrior or something .

2. Why give spears to the maruader horsemen? You can either have 2 inche extra range with spears ( no thankyou) or and 1 strength if you take axes ( yup! ).

A general good list for chaos. Dont worry about been outnumbered, because you are after all brick hard in combat, durable and very magicky . Use your warhounds just to taunt your opponent, they wont do anything anyway lol .

Good luck. DE.
    "The anatomy of your brain is more than your mind can handle. What?"

Current Armies

Vampire Counts - 3500 Points

Orcs And Goblins - 2000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeagle8k View Post
    2. Why give spears to the maruader horsemen? You can either have 2 inche extra range with spears ( no thankyou) or and 1 strength if you take axes ( yup! ).
    I think he meant CC spears, not throwing spears (javelins). Although adding throwing axes to one unit in addition to the CC spears would be useful against night goblin fanatics and when march-blocking infantry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use your warhounds to screen your best units from shooting. You also can't give your b.s.b. a shield. Never take great weapons on warriors. For them being so expensive, you want to capitolize on their every adavntage, their initiative being one of them. If you listen to that advice, then at least take halberds, if your looking for the extra strength or even 2 hand weapons for more attacks. I like your list, though as soon as someone brings a cannon, or a dwarf player pumps up his bolt thrower to Str7, you can kiss 280 points of those chariots along with 2 power dice good bye. I really didn't like the horrors either, though you should at least kepp the furies and maybe add screamers to kill off any nasty shooting, together, these two daemon units, shoul help rid of most warmachines on the field, and will allow for a safe passage for the rest of your army to get into combat.
    Last edited by Kingkobra7221; April 8th, 2007 at 20:43.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would personally split the warrior regiment in half and find a way to give them both the MoT plus Standard and Musician. That would give you one more power dice and allow you to better distribute your forces so they aren't so small. This will however lead you very likely to lose your rank bonus, so protect your units with your hounds.
    Gullible isn't in the dictionary...check if you don't believe me.

Army: Mortal Tzeentch (HoC)
    W:1 D:0 L:0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Kage View Post
    I would personally split the warrior regiment in half and find a way to give them both the MoT plus Standard and Musician. That would give you one more power dice and allow you to better distribute your forces so they aren't so small. This will however lead you very likely to lose your rank bonus, so protect your units with your hounds.
    Unless the warriors have multiple attacks they won't do THAT much damage. They still need the ranks to be effective against either ranked infantry or heavy cavalry in close combat. So I don't think 1 extra power die would be worth fielding two kinda worthless regiments of chaos warriors. Not to mention paying for the mark and the command twice.

Finally, small units with banners are worth easy VP, if the enemy can get anything substantial into combat with them. If you DO field two tiny units of warriors, I would not give them banners. At that point, they are basically just expendable sources of PD, which you can get from chariots or knights cheaper.

-Koosh

+ Reply to Thread