Angry Swedish Guys [2000 Khorne] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Swedish Guys [2000 Khorne]

please don't post points/model, this violates GW copyright. Thanks!
    -Koosh

This is an entirely prospective Khorne list. I don't own any of the models and I've just been merely considering them as an army. I came up with this list, tell me what you think.

1x Daemon Prince [435]
    *MoK, Axe of Khorne, Might of Khorne, Armour of Khorne, Soul Hunger, Master of Mortals
    28x Chaos Marauders [165]
    *Full Command
    28x Chaos Marauders [165]
    *Full Command
    12x Chaos Warriors [261]
    *MoK, Halberds, Shields, Champion
    12x Chaos Warriors [261]
    *MoK, Halberds, Shields, Champion
    1x Chaos Chariot [150]
    *MoK
    1x Chaos Chariot [150]
    *MoK
    8x Hounds of Chaos
    8x Hounds of Chaos
    6x Flesh Hounds of Khorne
    6x Flesh Hounds of Khorne
    8x Chaos Furies
    Total - 1995

The Daemon Prince is there to annihilate enemy characters and cause havoc. The Marauders are large anvil units, the chaos warriors march alongside them (but behind the hounds of chaos screens) ready to cause pain. The Chariots are to wheel around with the flesh hounds in front of them ready to flank, while the furies go out ahead and kill warmachines/lone mages.

Whaddayathink?

Last edited by kooshlord; April 10th, 2007 at 20:59. Reason: removed some points costs
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Your numbers are intriguing, and I wish to learn more.

28 marauders? 4X7? you can't get more than 6 into base contact with most infantry regiments (20mm) since you have larger 25mm bases, and most infantry come in 5wide units.

Frienzied chariots can be lured into difficult terrain, where they tend to smash themselves.

8 hounds take 2 casualties to force a panic check. so do 5 hounds. I don't really see the point to the larger units. You have to have ranks of 5 for rank bonus. So why 8?

The daemon prince doesn't keep a ward save against magical weapons, which could get you into real trouble against dwarves with runic war-machines, and against most enemy characters.

You might also consider slamming 1-2 chariots into the front of a target, and flanking with the hounds. Chariots won't remove rank bonuses cause they aren't US 5, 3 or more cavalry bases will (warhounds, knights, fleshhounds, etc).

Without characters in them, your units might be susceptible to destruction by enemy characters in units of their own. The daemon is nice, but can't be everywhere at once.

Hope that is food for thought!
    -Koosh

+ Reply to Thread