[1000pts] Slaanesh tounament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000pts] Slaanesh tounament

Please don't post points/model, this violates GW copyright. Thanks,
    -Koosh

Ok this is my very first chaos list, it's 1k pts and intended for both friendly and tounament play (no specific in mind). I'm making my list according to suggestions and such from (old dark elf player lost in the chaos wastelands)THIS thread that I've started.

CHARACTERS

Exalted Chaos Champion 1 [General]
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - Enchanted Shield
    - Gaze of the Gods
    - Biting Blade
    - Cost: 170 pts

Exalted Chaos Champion 2
    - Mark of Chaos Undivided
    - Great Weapon
    - Shield
    - Helm of Many Eyes
    - Cost: 131 Pts

CORE

Marauders Regiment 1 [#19]
    - Light Armour, Shield
    - Standard, Musician
    - Cost: 148 Pts

Marauders Regiment 2 [#19]
    - Light Armour, Shield
    - Standard, Musician

Chaos Warhounds Regiment 1 [#5]
    - Cost:

Chaos Warhounds Regiment 2 [#5]
    - Cost:

Chaos Knights [#5]
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - Standard, Musician
    - Rapturous Standard
    - Cost: 265 Pts

RARE

Chaos Spawn
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    Cost: 75 Pts

Total Army Cost: 997

Thoughts: I have no idea if this list is good or bad... probably bad . I know magic and shooting will own me but hey you're here to help me out ^^. And I really don't like the items on my general... but it just turned out that way. I haven't thought ov any kind of tactics yet. Just so you know the characters are going to each marauder unit.

Last edited by kooshlord; April 11th, 2007 at 17:13. Reason: removed points/model

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I'm a Khorne Chaos player and I have read your "old dark elf..." post. I have been playing Chaos for about... i dont know... 5 years or so and I would like to help :yes: So, here we go:

Exalted Chaos Champion 1 [General]
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - Enchanted Shield
    - Gaze of the Gods
    - Biting Blade
    - Cost: 170 pts

Exalted Chaos Champion 2
    - Mark of Chaos Undivided
    - Great Weapon
    - Shield
    - Helm of Many Eyes
    - Cost: 131 Pts

Characters in a chaos army are quite expensive. I only take one even in my 2000 point list. I suggest you size it down to just one character to fit in more men. If you do this, you may be able to turn your marauders into warriors. If you keep the two heroes, I think you should get a sword of might instead of a biting blade and scratch the enchanted shield for a regular shield. You can't get a hand weapon + shield bonus with a magic shield and a magic weapon (correct me if I'm mistaken). Armor of Damnation is useful too if you can find a way to afford it.

Marauders Regiment 1 [#19]
    - Light Armour, Shield
    - Standard, Musician

Marauders Regiment 2 [#19]
    - Light Armour, Shield
    - Standard, Musician

I can see you don't like champions. I do :yes: . I like to take champions for a guaranteed 2 attacks and also to accept/declare challenges. I believe they are very useful for a measly 10 points. Also, I'm not much of a fan of marauders but some people think they're terrific. It's your opinion.

I notice you're not using demons as well. If so, you may like to take a look at the archaons horde list from storms of chaos. People I play with allow me to use this list and maybe the people you play with allow it too. If you take units of 25 marauders then you get a free full command in this list. Which means for 175 points you can get 25 marauders with light armor, shields and full command. (I like to run light armor and shields as well)

Marauders are "ok" but I think you should take some warriors as well. Maybe if you take out one of your heroes, you can afford to turn a unit of marauders into warriors (as stated earlier).

Chaos Warhounds Regiment 1 [#5]
    - Cost:

Chaos Warhounds Regiment 2 [#5]
    - Cost:

Meh, ok. But, whenever I use warhounds they never really work out for me. Maybe I'm using them wrong though. IMHO, I think you should take them out and put in champions for the marauders (if you're not getting warriors) and maybe some better magic equipment for the hero(es).

Chaos Knights [#5]
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - Standard, Musician
    - Rapturous Standard
    - Cost: 265 Pts

Ok, thats good, but 60 points from the warhounds could make them chosen if you choose to do it that way (I'm throwing alot of options at you, sorry! ). An extra attack and a 1+ save is very useful, I believe.

Chaos Spawn
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    Cost: 75 Pts

Unbreakable is very useful and slaaneshi spawns move faster so that could be very useful. I usually don't use spawns but they can be very helpful.

I hope I could help! If you make a new list, I would be glad to give my opinion on that one as well. Cheers!
    Last edited by kooshlord; April 11th, 2007 at 17:12. Reason: Removed points costs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personaly, i would go with the one character, in a 1k Chaos list as you want the points to spend on troops. I would also ditch the spawn and hounds and get a unit of beastmen to protect the flank. Beastmen are incredibly useful. For 151pts you get a unit of twenty (12 gors & 8 ungors) that can hide in a forest until the right moment and then smash into the enemy with a flank charge bringing a wopping 13 attacks and the +1 for flank (go ranks of 6 as you can only get a +2 for ranks in a beastmen unit). You should also make the marauders 15 strong warrior unit with shields as with MoS these guys act as spiky, immovable blocks that can dish out a ton of hurt while you flank the enemy.
    Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. And then, there are others...

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

I also think 1 character is sufficient, I'd be tempted to mount him on a steed and put him with the cavalry. Armor of damnation and a sword of might work well here.

I think you should field either furies or marauder horsemen instead of the second character, you should have a pretty good idea about these units due to DE harpies and dark riders. Just don't count on shooting much, but march-block, charge-bait and sack war machines.

I'm a big fan of unit champions also.

I'd definately keep the hounds, they are great as sacrificial troops, occasionally killing a war machine, holding table quarters for dirt cheap, triggering fanatics, baiting stupid charges (especially as they can run through your marked units without provoking panic checks) etc. etc. I'd never field a chaos army without at least 2 units as you have. Just don't count on them in combat for much,

I'd steer clear of warriors in 1K, they just get too expensive. In my opinion they need multiple attacks to justify their cost, and that means Khorne or Chosen.

I'd also endorse beast-herds, but I think you are trying to steer clear of the beast units.

Hope it helps!
    -Koosh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only take two spawns if u use any, but u dont have enough for that so i would drop a marauder unit and one hero for a chaos warrior unit, drp the warhounds for another spawn so that ur spawn can work in pairs cause otherwise they will die before u can use them peace out

+ Reply to Thread