Vegas GT Tzeentch Themed List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vegas GT Tzeentch Themed List

Please don't post points/model or points/upgrade, this violates GW copyright and LO's rules. Thanks!
    -Koosh

I've been working on a few lists for the Upcoming Vegas GT, so far the below list has survived the best in playtesting. The list I'm looking to take is themed since it's the company Chaos Army for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. I'm looking for my hero's and champions to represent diffrent player classes from the game. So I need to have a Magus on Disc, at least 1 chaos sorc (Zealot), Chosen, and Some Marauders.

The general thought on the army is to divide up some of my tougher units to avoid focus fire, and support the smaller warrior units with solid knight or chariot support. Hounds & Marauders work for screening, and the Chosen are the hard hitting center. Since Chaos shooting is non existant I'm relying more on magic for ranged damage.

Thoughts?

Edited for readability. -Koosh

Exalted Champion of Tzeentch: 260 Pts
    General, Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, Golden Eye of Tzeentch

Chaos Sorcerer @ 120 Pts
    Level 2, Lore of Fire

Chaos Sorcerer @ 120 Pts
    Level 2, Lore of Death

10 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch @ 220 Pts
    Mark of Tzeentch; Musician; Standard; champion; 2 hand weapons

10 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch @ 200 Pts
    Mark of Tzeentch; Musician; Standard; champion; shield

15 Chosen Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch @ 430 Pts
    Mark of Tzeentch; Musician; Standard; Champion; Halberd; Chosen; Blasted Standard

5 Chaos Knights of Tzeentch @ 235 Pts
    Mark of Tzeentch; Musician; Standard; Champion

Chariot of Tzeentch @ 140 Pts
    Mark of Tzeentch;

20 Chaos Marauders @ 145 Pts
    Musician; Standard; Chieftan; Flail

9 Warhounds

9 Warhounds

Total Roster Cost: 1978

-Gersh

Last edited by kooshlord; May 29th, 2007 at 19:37. Reason: removed points costs, edited for readability.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Firstly do not put seperate points costs. Also your sorcers need scrolls and marauders are for combat res, they should be at 25. Drop one squad of warriors, bump the other to 15, get 2 scrolls, and bump the marauders to 25. Also drop the hounds to 5 and make the knights chosen and the sick of change is better than the eye. Hope this helps.
    2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Welcome to LO, hope you find it helpful.

I've simplified your list above. This is much easier to read this way, and still provides all the information to anyone who knows the rules. And doesn't provide copyrighted info to people who don't own the rules. Sorry to edit your post so extensively, but I hope the example is instructive!

Please don't:
    -list points/model or upgrade separately.
    -specify spells on your mages (everyone should know this already if you list the lord)
    -specify cost/unit twice: confusing and hard to read.
    -specify unit champions gear separately. Most unit champions are required to take the same gear as the rest of the unit, so listing that gear separately is redundant and hard to read.

Many people also don't post standard gear, such as hand weapons, steeds for knights, chaos armor for characters, etc. This gear is assumed by anyone who knows anything about the army, and just serves to clutter the page.

As for the list:
    -you have a lot of slow, expensive units. This means you will be vulnerable to shooting, and magic heavy opponents. You could counter this with screamers of Tzeentch or furies, and some dispel scrolls.
    -I think maruader horsemen would help this list, letting you marchblock units while you magic them.
    -Chariots or knights are a cheaper sources of power dice than small Tzeentch warrior units. They are also faster and better armored, and thus less likely to be destroyed at range than tiny units of warriors. Finally, both choices hit harder in CC!

Hope it helps!
    -Koosh
    Last edited by kooshlord; May 29th, 2007 at 19:39.
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback, and sorry for the mis-formatting, I should read the posting rules more closely.

Anyhow I made a few more tweaks to the list, unfortunately I don't have any screamers or Marauder horseman painted for this weekend. Though I plan on expanding the army by a few units every tournment I go to, and those are high on my list for finishing.

Anyhow here is the adjusted list; I am now using Archaon's Horde, since I was feilding mostly mortals anyhow. The biggest changes were dropping a unit of warriors so I could beef both units up to 16. I made the knights chosen (they just hit way harder), added dispel scrolls, and upgraded my Champion to a lord.

I Hate sinking close to 500 points into a single model, But the lord is fairly potent and while vulnerable to shooting the army is much more capable in spell casting as a whole.

Chaos Lord of Tzeentch
    General, Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, Halberd, Armor of Damnation

Chaos Sorcerer
    Level 2, Lore of Shadows, Dispell Scroll

Chaos Sorcerer
    Level 2, Lore of Death, Dispell Scroll

16 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch
    Mark of Tzeentch; Musician; Standard; champion; shield

16 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch
    Mark of Tzeentch; Musician; Standard; Champion; Halberd; Chosen; Blasted Standard

5 Chosen Chaos Knights of Tzeentch
    Mark of Tzeentch; Musician; Standard; Champion

Chaos Chariot
    Mark of Chaos undivided

25 Chaos Marauders
    Musician; Standard; Chieftan; Flail

7 Warhounds

7 Warhounds

Total Points: 2000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also kind of curious, in general is there any way to pull off a competitive chaos cavalry based army? Knights in general seem kinda of pricy to use to make a fast moving army out of

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mate's been succesful employing large screens of warhounds, marauder horsemen, chariots, and knights all together in his mounted armies. Against shooty armies they'll never get good shots at the knights unless they're on hills, and they'll be shooting up cheap hounds all game. Then when it's time to move the screen, you've got flankers already in place (hounds). Knights + chariots hit hard.

+ Reply to Thread