2000p Khorne's magic - friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000p Khorne's magic - friendly

please don't post points/model, this violates GW policy and LO's rules. Thanks!
    -Koosh

hey, I think I'm goign to use this army list but before im going to build my army i need some advice and critism cuz i want a perfectionized army.

I was thinking about a magic khorne army because your opponent almost can't use any magic cuz of MoK but I can :shifty:.

here it is:

Legion of the Blazing Hand

LORD:
    Exalted sorcerer of chaos (lore of fire) 335
    -Lvl 4
    -Skull of katam
    -spell familiar

HERO’S:
    Sorcerer of chaos (lore of fire) 170
    -lvl 2
    -power familiar

Exalted champion of chaos (general) 237
    -Gaze of the gods
    -sword of might
    -shield
    -Mark of Khorne
    -demonic steed

CORE:

24 marauders 193
    -full command
    -shield
    -light armour

24 marauders 193
    -full command
    -great weapons

15 warriors of chaos 300
    -full command
    -shields
    -MoK

chariot of chaos

10 marauder horsemen 190
    -full command
    -shields
    -spears

RARE:

hellcannon of chaos

all comments are welcome

Last edited by kooshlord; June 12th, 2007 at 18:50. Reason: removed points/model

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

perfectionization complete :D

I've always liked heavy magic khorne armies, just because they irritate the fluff purists. Lessee here:

Is skull of Katam an arcane item? If so, you can't have both it and the spell familiar, I don't believe.

I'm also unsure if a Marked character can ride a generic daemonic steed, you might need to be mounted on a juggernaut of khorne, or a normal chaos steed. Ask your opponents if they'll allow it. Anyone else know about this?

Marauders with great weapons will die in droves to whatever else attacks them, they are slow an unarmored. I like my marauders with full armor, but its just my preference. Depends what you are playing against.

15 warriors: presumably 3X5? you might try 12 or 18 to increase your number of attacks a little. You might also give them a warbanner for extra static CR.

10 marauder horsemen... fast-cav don't get rank bonuses, so why ten? And they aren't that powerful, so why bother with a banner? They should provide flanking for something that already has a banner anyway. I'd go with 5-6 with a musician.

You should add some furies, to attack enemy war machines and generally disrupt your opponent's plans. And you should add some warhounds, to prevent your Khorne character from being frenzy baited into bad situations.

-Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aha ey thanx this is the kind of perfection i need
    and about the mount I think its totally legal becuase in the book under demonic mounts it sais nothing about marked riders, neither in the page about the marks.

thanx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

I'm also unsure if a Marked character can ride a generic daemonic steed, you might need to be mounted on a juggernaut of khorne, or a normal chaos steed. Ask your opponents if they'll allow it. Anyone else know about this?
    The entries for exalted champions and Lords of Chaos simply states "may ride a daemonic steed" beneath which it states älternatively a character with a mark of chaos may ride the daemonic mount of his god"

HoC, pg 56, 58

The daemonic steed is a generic mount in the same way as a barded chaos steed and can be ridden by characters with a mark of chaos.

Realistically though, you are usually better of using the mount of your god or a simple barded chaos steed.

Regards
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares, your a mile away and you have his shoes!!

Chuck Norris invented water

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Snowball View Post
    The entries for exalted champions and Lords of Chaos simply states "may ride a daemonic steed" beneath which it states älternatively a character with a mark of chaos may ride the daemonic mount of his god"

HoC, pg 56, 58

The daemonic steed is a generic mount in the same way as a barded chaos steed and can be ridden by characters with a mark of chaos.

Realistically though, you are usually better of using the mount of your god or a simple barded chaos steed.

Regards
    The reason this has always made me uneasy is that normal daemons are always marked or undivided (furies). So since it is a Daemonic steed without a visible mark, wouldn't that make it undivided by default? In which case marked characters wouldn't be able to ride it.

However, as both Captain Snowball and Imperisha have pointed out, it doesn't specifically say you CAN'T put a marked rider on a normal daemonic steed, so I guess you can. Still makes me uneasy though.

Cheers!
    -Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

+ Reply to Thread