Can I have cheese with my Khorne? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I have cheese with my Khorne?

Sorry to re-open or rub salt in another open wound. Below is my army list intended to be used in a right hook, or hard centre-like deployment, with marauder horsies on either flank. My question is this, given I haven't (really) spammed the MoK, and I actually thought this through, is using a Khorne army still cheese?

Moloch: Exalted Champion of Chaos
    Mark of Khorne
    Barded Chaos Steed
    Axe of Khorne
    Enchanted Shield
    Talisman of Protection

Vladock: Exalted Champion of Chaos
    Mark of Khorne
    Axe of Khorne
    Collar of Khorne *probably going to swap this*

Core 1: 6 Chosen Knights of Chaos
    mark of Khorne
    Full command

Core 2: 5 Knights of Chaos
    Mark of Khorne
    Banner of Rage
    Full command

Core 3/4: 20 marauders of Chaos
    Light armour
    Shields
    Full command

Core 5-6: 5 Chaos hounds

Core 7-8:5 Marauders Horsemen
    Shields
    Banner, Musician

Special 1: 5 Furies

Rare 1: 1 Hellcannon
    Diabolic Splendour

Thanks in advance guys

Champion for the true devotee's of the Blood God.

What is the most humane way to kill a lobster, in the fridge or with Michael Bolton music?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't have two Axe of Khorne :-(

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Khorne armies aren't cheesy - newbie players tend to complain since they have yet to work out how to use the disadvantages of frenzy against the Khorne player. The dragon lord and multiple units of 4 knights is the cheesiest Khorne build that has done the rounds.

While I don't like hellcannons, the army looks fairly balanced.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

I think your army is fine, on the cheese/not-cheese scale. Actually, I don't much care about cheese, and your army is legal, aside from the two axes of khorne.

Other thoughts:

I wouldn't give banners to marauder horsemen, they should be engaging in march-blocking, charge-baiting, etc. This puts them at risk of being run down, and no point awarding VP if you get unlucky. AND they should be flanking in CC, and your knights and maruaders have banners anyway, so what do you gain from having the banners? I would give them spears if you can, they'll do a little damage on the charge that way.

I like to stick a dispel-scroll-equivalent on the hellcannon, just cause I love the look on my opponents faces when my ARTILLERY dispells their magic. But you've probably got sufficient anti-magic for most purposes already.

I'd drop the banner of rage for a warbanner myself, but that's personal preference.

If you don't mind including beasts, you might think about replacing a marauder unit with beast-herd. It isn't as good with static CR, but it's much better screens, more maneuverable, and hits harder in CC. And it'll help a lot with woods, which would confound your current army.

You might also think about the chaos runeshield on one character, this'll make him largely invulnerable to enemy magic weapons in challenges. It worked pretty well for me in the Arena of Death anyway!

Cheers and good hunting!
    -Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly on the axes, ugh old list my bad. Gonna switch the second axe to a sword of might and a shiny suit of magical armour.

Spell breaker on my HC would be fun, then again the one that lets me re-roll misses in the first round of CC would make it an amusing anchor for my left flank.

Banner of Rage is in there so both units of knights will always have at least 2 attacks per rider (then again for the Banner to take effect most of the unit would be dead anyway) Hrrrmmm. Must give that more thought.

Runesheild is that the 75 point one? if t is I can't coz they're both only Exalted.

New question does the Sword of might" have to be a sword, or can I give Moloch a "Halberd of might" and go chariot hunting?
    What is the most humane way to kill a lobster, in the fridge or with Michael Bolton music?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophanim View Post
    Firstly on the axes, ugh old list my bad. Gonna switch the second axe to a sword of might and a shiny suit of magical armour.

New question does the Sword of might" have to be a sword, or can I give Moloch a "Halberd of might" and go chariot hunting?
    Magic weapons, unless explicitly stated otherwise, don't use the special rules associated with the mundane variety. This means no +1/2 to str., no +1armor in a 'hand weapon shield' combo, e.t.c.
    ...Your model could actually being holding a halberd and take the sword of might, thus a halberd of might, but it would only receive +1 to Str. and nothing more.

Than again, this Moloch fella might have 6 Str. and everything I've said is for naught.
    On a halfway related topic, a Khorne army sounds like it would be fun to run and play against.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Your Khorne general is an owl?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I was actually thinking Moloch the renegade god in Nethack. Where did an owl come into the equation.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Gday,

On the chariot hunting note, you can equipt one of the champs with a flail. You can choose to use it or a hand weapon, for extra save, and bust up all the chariots you want for a fraction of the points.

I reckon marauder horsemen should always have spears at least, tho i prefer flails, and throwing axes. They just come in handy, coz you can be doing damage without entering combat at all. Plus ive shot down the odd wizard (heirophant accually :yes

The only other thing i can see is maybe get the size of the furies up. They're a pretty good little unit, but 5 may be fragile. 6-8 perhaps?

Good luck, and happy head hunting.

Regards, Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

No I was actually thinking Moloch the renegade god in Nethack. Where did an owl come into the equation.
    Moloch, sometimes Molech, was an old god represented by either an Owl or a humanoid Bull.

It was made famous by the Bohemian Grove as reported by MacLean's magazine among others.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast