2000 Points of Good Old Friendly Chaos Undivided - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Points of Good Old Friendly Chaos Undivided

While the indenting is a neat idea, it makes the list practically unreadable due to length. I'm stripping it in the hopes that I can see more of your list in 1 go. Maybe it'll get some more responses this way. -Koosh

Exalted Chaos Sorcerer (Fire): Power Familiar
    Exalted Champion of Tzeentch: Shield, Warrior Familiar, Barded Warhorse
    Sorcerer of Slaanesh: Spell Familiar, Sceptre of Domination, Steed of Slaanesh

Chosen Knights of Tzeentch x4: full command, blasted standard
    Chosen of Khorne x20: Full command, banner of rage
    Marauders x19: light armor, shield, full command

Tzeentch Chariot
    Mounted Daemonettes x5

Power Dice: 13
    Dispel Dice: 8
    Scrolls: 0

Models: 52
    Units to place: 6

I believe that to be 2000 points, but never hurts to have someone check my math. The list is very magic heavy. Ideally I would like to mount the General, and dismount the Exalted Champion of Tzeentch. This way if I roll well for spells they both can benefit from a ward save. Thoughts and opinions. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by kooshlord; July 18th, 2007 at 17:44. Reason: attempted to make list readable

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Sorry to strip out all of your meticulous indentation, but it made your list too long and too hard to read. Also, you don't need to list standard equipment, anyone knowledgable about the list knows what it is already. Just list the upgrades, and it makes it MUCH easier to read and evaluate.

I'm assuming your characters have paid for their marks. I might have gotten trigger happy in my formatting purge and deleted them... if so, my apologies! I also assume your sorcerers are lvl 2 and 4, to get your listed PD totals.

I'm not sure what you mean about mounting the general and dismounting the exhalted. The general is undivided and so CANNOT join your Tzeentch knights, and I don't see how else he would get a ward save. However, if the tzeentch champion and the exhalted sorcerer BOTH joined the marauders, they'd all get the benefit of the save if the champ rolled the right spell...

I don't think normal sorcerers can ride steeds of slaanesh, I think that is exhalteds and Lords only. Maybe I am wrong, but worth checking.

Overall I think the army would be improved by more screening and more fast-cav. So I'd look into adding some warhounds and/or marauder horsemen. Furies would not be amiss for war machine hunting either. Nor would a 5th knight of tzeentch, so if you have a character in the unit he gets a look-out-sir.

Hope it helps, sorry about stifling your creative formatting.
    -Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

along the lines of what Koosh was saying. Unfortunately with HoC you will be outnumbered as it is. With super expensive characters, you will be even more out numbered. That means no matter how cool or powerful your guys are - they will lose combat by a ton. Tzeentch especially. The spells aren't that great and you can't throw that many of them at a time. Because of the randomness, you could possibly do little to no damage with your magic and then be swarmed by enemies. Fantasy battles are won by positioning and combat resolution. You only have 2 units that can add rank bonuses and nothing to stop them from being flanked or rear charged. The enemy will have tons of units willing to decline combat and let you get flanked with your faster moving elements.

Basically you added all of the most powerful, decked out characters/units you could to a list which seems like it would be really cool on paper, but will perform really poorly against an average opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to say I won't compromise...

Exalted Chaos Sorcerer (Fire): Barded Warhorse. Army General

Aspiring Chamion of Tzeentch: Shield

Sorcerer of Slaanesh: Spell familiar, Steed of Slaanesh

Chosen Knights of Tzeentch x5: Full Command, Blasted Standard
    Marauders x24: Light Armor, Shield, Full Command
    Marauders x25: Light Armor, Shield, Full Command
    Marauders x25: Full Command
    Marauder Horsemen x5: Either Throwing Axes or Javalins not sure which
    Marauder Horsemen x5: Either Throwing Axes or Javalins not sure which

Mounted Daemonettes x5
    Mounted Daemonettes x5

Power Dice: 11
    Dispel Dice: 6
    Scrolls: 0

Models: 102
    Units during placement: 9

New thoughts and opinions? What should I change now. I am looking for advice so tear it to shreds.

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Yay accomodation!

Thanks a bunch, the new style is MUCH easier to read!

Substantially different army, in gameplay terms. Now its largely static-CR based. The center needs to hold while your flankers close in for the kill. A BSB (battle standard bearer) would help the center to hold. If you (re)mount the Tzeentch guy, he could work (he'd want the extra armor to replace the shield).

Mounted daemonettes are nice, but also pricey, I'd say one unit is sufficient (especially as you can have the knights on the other flank). Use the extra points on armor for your third unit of marauders. And a couple units of hounds are never amiss.

Throwing axes are superior to javelins, the extra strength is easily worth the (marginal) loss of range. Don't expect a ton of kills either way though, they are essentially an annoyance. But a fun one! The marauder horsemen should definately have musicians, regardless of other equipment, so they can rally from fled charges better.

Cheers!
    -Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it isn't so symmetrical

Exalted Chaos Sorcerer (Fire): Barded Warhorse. Army General

Aspiring Chamion of Tzeentch: BSB, War Banner, Barded Warhorse

Sorcerer of Slaanesh: Spell familiar, Dispel Scroll, Barded Warhorse

Chosen Knights of Tzeentch x5: Full Command, Blasted Standard
    Marauders x23: Light Armor, Shield, Full Command
    Marauders x23: Light Armor, Shield, Full Command
    Marauder Horsemen x5: Spears, Throwing Axes, Shields, Musician
    Marauder Horsemen x5: Spears, Throwing Axes, Shields, Musician

Daemonettes x15
    Mounted Daemonettes x5

Power Dice: 11
    Dispel Dice: 6
    Scrolls: 1

Models: 84
    Units during placement: 8

New thoughts and opinions? What should I change now. I am looking for advice so tear it to shreds.

+ Reply to Thread