Which fantasy lesser daemons worth it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which ones are worth it.

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • blood letters

2 15.38%
  • flesh hounds

1 7.69%
  • horrors

4 30.77%
  • screamers

7 53.85%
  • daemonettes

2 15.38%
  • plague bearers

5 38.46%
  • nurgling

2 15.38%
  • furies

10 76.92%
  • daemon prince

3 23.08%
  • exalted daemons

4 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

Which fantasy lesser daemons worth it?

Which daemons are worth taking? Note, you can vote multiple times, so vote for all the ones you think are useful. This is fantasy, NOT 40k!

daemonettes
    bloodletters
    plague bearers
    horrors
    furies
    flesh hounds
    screamers
    Daemon prince
    exalted daemon
    nurglings

That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Most of the daemons in HoC are below average. The daemonic aura and T3 really does make them vulnerable to a lot of attacks.

Furies and screamers are great since they're flyers. Fear and flying is fantastic for taking down war machines and light units. Mounted daemonettes are good too, since they're fast and choppy. Daemon princes also have their place as a hard-hitting flanker.

The rest...are dodgy.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x3)

Rork has already set the basics.

A further weakness for the demon infantry units is that (apart from bloodletters) noone can take command units, so no standard (or musician) to help with passive CR - unless you give your BSB the chalice of chaos so that he can join them.

Although I do field horrors due to several reasons:

1st I like to play Tzeentch :shifty: and pounding the enemy's magic defense with another bound spell is fun {goofy}
    2nd Since tzeentch lists are a bit weak psychologically-wise I spice my army with some demons due to their immunity to psychology (so that in the worst case panic won't spead too much)
    3rd I sometimes use them as a launchpad for a tzeentch-marked exalted daemon (note that characters on flying mounts can't join units, characters which can fly by themselves can :shifty he can't be picked by regular shooting, he gets a 'Lookout, Sir!' , and with diabolic splendour the horrors even get a regular ward save as long as he is with them
    4th I like the models
    It ain't easy bein' green... :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the tzeentch and nurgle side of the daemons:
    {confused}
    -horrors are capable of casting high strength bound spells, corruscation is good, and flamers are awesome (though costy)
    -screamers are the ultimate flyer, good toughness and leadership
    {goofy}
    -plaguebearers are a good screen (and possibly more) : high toughness and cloud of flies, plus autohits on the enemy
    -nurglings are great: a daemonic swarm that could even be hit on 7+ !!!!!! WOW

[btw why not to create also a red and a pink emoticon for khorne and slaanesh? LOLLL]

bye!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Man View Post

[btw why not to create also a red and a pink emoticon for khorne and slaanesh? LOLLL]

bye!
    :realmad:

:wub:

Close enough?

Tzeentchian horror spells are pretty handy. Combined with some tzeentchian sorcerers, they great for battering enemy magical defences. They're just utter toast in combat.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

So i guess that means flesh hounds and daemonettes are rubbish.
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kossolax_the_Foresworn View Post
    So i guess that means flesh hounds and daemonettes are rubbish.
    I don't think i've ever seen a flesh hound on the board. The only times i've taken demonettes is when they're mounted. 20" march is nice, who needs flying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well....daemonettes are a bit too fragile, and -besides having 2 attacks- with their strength and toughness they're not a "true daemon" but a man with two attacks who costs a lot.
    the real good things are movement and slaanesh abilities.

flesh hounds? do you really want to field a FRENZIED fast cavalry??? {goofy}
    imagine that you reform 2 models wide to pass over an obstacle, and then the enemy forces you to charge...and then maybe flees.
    in the first situation you deal 4 attacks against many more - and then comes instability.
    in the second, you have a fancy train of hounds in open field ready to be gunned or flank charged.
    since the strength of fast cavalry is the maneuverability, and frenzy denies this, i'd prefer not paying 14 points per model without any insurance.

i thought this over and i was asking myself if it could be possible to run a game with flesh hounds giving their BACK to the enemy, and turning them just when i need to charge...
    did anyone try this at all? i think it could overcome the frenzy problem and on a fast cavalry this kind of reforming is really possible. :w00t:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been using a block of 18 daemonettes for flank attacks or just to tie up my opponent. This as worked great so far, as long as you do not roll higher then your leadership if you do not win CC.

Eldar (test phase)
    W / L / D
    0 2 0

+ Reply to Thread