Starting chaos questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting chaos questions

Hi!

I have been collecting dwarfs and have maybe 1000-1500p of them. I start thinking about to start collecting chaos because they got more plastic than dwarfs! (all big dwarf units are allmoust metal exept warriors, and if u want to have 20 slayers and 20 iron breakers...thats so expensive)
    I really like chaos because they have strong and good units (like dwarfs) So I was wondering is slaanesh a good way to go and why. And what troops to take...there are so many chaos ogres, dragon ogres and more too choose on. I want definitly take warriors and knights and maybe some good demons....any advices for me? and I want a quite expensive army in points =) I like good troops and not so many of same miniatures to pain =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to paint the fewest possible miniatures go with a mortal mounted army - more or less all chaos knights and mounted marauders with a few screamers and dragon ogres thrown in for good measure. You might even throw in a beast herd for screening and to have a place to put some cheap sorcerers. You'll get a fully viable army without having to paint more than 70 or so models total. (at 2000 points)

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

First thing i would say is that with the new Dwarves having recently been re-released they now have far more plastic models available than before. Chaos on the other hand have quite a few old metal models. The only plastic kits availble are Marauders, Warriors, Knights and Beast herds. Off the top of my head everything else if metal. Not to let that put you off ofcourse, just seems a little silly to switch armies due to the plastic/metal ratio of the army, when your current army has far more plastic.

If you do really want to start a chaos army, id first advise you to but both the Hoardes and Beasts of Chaos books and take a good look at each, deciding how you would your army to look.
    One of the most important factors is the Mark of Chaos you choose. Undivided for an all around list, Khorne for combat, Nurgle for resiliance, Tzeench for strong magic or Slannesh for psychology (immunity)

Also from what you have said you already seem to have a good idea of what units you would like to take, so that makes a good starting point. Personally I think the best army is one which contains the units you like the most.

+ Reply to Thread